Obtain a 1.59% market share

Be shit OS' for virgins only.

>market shares decides if things are good
I think less than 1.59% of people listen to Beethoven too

>ftp or sftp
puke.
sshfs/fuse for scp is better.

this

Mac OS X can mount fuse filesystems too. The main difference is that Mac users are successful and get pussy.

I'm confused about this image. I sftp in Windows all the time.

Market share is a factor in many developers' decision whether to bring their software to Linux.

lol'd

News to me

What am I looking at exactly?

>Be shit OS' for virgins only
That's Windows, with all their tween users (gaymers)
MacOS has a bunch of faggots buttfucking each other.
Linux chads are the creme of the crop due to their massive paychecks making the ladies wet their panties.

You guys make me feel so enlightened and smart for being able to use multiple operating systems, the way they're meant to be used, together

OS X actually used to be able to do this!

And then apple fucking broke it.

If Linux has a large market share, then it would have to be shittier to accommodate all the low-IQ users.

Exclusive Linux is Useful Linux.

>>Mac OS X can mount fuse filesystems too
OSX support fore fuse SUCKS ASS.

It's fucking awful. Inexcusably so.

Is that KDE and Thunar?

Have halfway decent filesystems and a good package manager by default

Looks like KDE skinned to look like Windows skinned to look like openbox

name one shitnux distro that does this

i'll wait. good luck, my virgin friend

>muh vendors
All the software I need I can compile.

Unless you think all computers should be tailored for gaymin

Literally any.

there are a lot of shit ones, name one good one, my virgin pal

Name a linux distro that doesn't have better package management than windows or osx.

(The obscurity of your answer will be prove that you're wrong.)

not so fast, virgin; i never said other OSes had good/better package management out of the box than shitnux, just that shitnux distros don't have good package management generally, and you are unable to refute that, my virgin friend.

windows has a file manager too

>unironically and repeatadly uses virgin as an insult
Someone is projecting.

>doesn't know what projecting is
go be a brainlet somewhere else

>ITT: Things Mac OS or Windows will NEVER EVER be able to do

Just about every linux distro under the sun has better package management than windows and osx. That's a simple fact.

work

yes, but name one shitnux distro that had good package management

go ahead

Gentoo (portage)

>portage is a good package manager
based brainlet bro

Hmm

Compared to OSX and Windows, all linux distros with package management have good package management.

but beethoven is bad

>ftp
>sftp
These are very different things, tripnigger.

>All the software I need I can compile.

That's good for you, but I use a lot of professional graphics software which happens to be closed-source since no viable FOSS alternatives currently exist.

they're still shit, name one good shitnux distro with good package management

your opinion means even less now, brainlet windows 7 user

>they're still shit
Compared to what?

OSX Finder has done FTP since forever (probably since OSX was a thing).

>Market share
>Linux

Linux is free motherfucker. For the most part.

hmm?

>2014
It's at 3% now. Nice.

compared to good software

>Xorg window
So that's not windows

Not sure why you think X doesn't run on Windows.

Maybe your freetarded brain just can't comprehend that free software runs on basically every platform and not just your special club os

What good software are you comparing linux package managers to?

That's not what I said. Windows doesn't have *nix file system hierarchy. The Xorg window is only displaying the hierarchy of a different system, not that of windows. Because last time I checked windows does not have sftp, it has to be emulated via 3rd party software.

Create a folder called AUX lol

>last time I checked windows does not have sftp, it has to be emulated via 3rd party software.
dokan-dev.github.io
If you say this doesn't count, why would whatever implementation your OS uses count?

git for example

>>last time I checked windows does not have sftp, it has to be emulated via 3rd party software.
>dokan-dev.github.io
Point proven

>why would whatever implementation your OS uses count?
I'm not talking about file system emulator here, I'm talking about the file system itself. Because SSH comes from UNIX

Is your copy of Dolphin running via Cygwin, or WSL, or a remote server, or the "KDE For Windows" build?
I was looking for one recently and Cygwin's is OK but the native binary builds are pretty outdated (read: kde4) and of course they come with all the kio/akonadi/pim stuff too

Don't tell the freetards ITT but a remote server

Hannah Montana Linux

I don't understand what he means by this post.

Aren't wincucks the ones who mocks Linux fags for using CLI. What's with the hypocrisy?

THANKS FOR FINALLY SHARING THE THEME TRIPFAG

Which part do you fail to comprehend?

>Aren't wincucks the ones who mocks Linux fags for using CLI
maybe normalfags, but there's nothing wrong with typing commands.

Anyway it would be trivial to write a bash script to add an entry to the explorer menu for making con, aux, prn, etc folders in explorer without typing anything

>Comparing Beethoven to Linux

Hey Jordan share the Windows theme, don't be selfish.

You are saying Windows doesn't support sshfs (or sftp as a filesystem) when it supports it just as much as any other OS, it just doesn't have support for it out of the box.

I've used fuse libraries to read/write ext4 on windows, sshfs, etc. I don't understand why you think it's not possible just because some other OS did it first.

>maybe normalfags
So Windows' target demographic?

What theme is he even asking about?

The one I see in your screenshots

That's the buuf theme, a true classic that any Sup Forumsuy should recognize without being told.

be completely bereft of absolutely any professional grade software for anything other than pentest hax0rz and server monkey janitors

>You are saying Windows doesn't support sshfs (or sftp as a filesystem) when it supports it just as much as any other OS, it just doesn't have support for it out of the box.
No, I said "last time I checked windows does not have sftp, it has to be emulated via 3rd party software.". Why did you try to skew the fact?

Note that windows needs to emulate SSH and SSHFS while *nix does not need to, because it's *nix that treats everything as a file, not windows.

>I've used fuse libraries to read/write ext4 on windows, sshfs, etc.
Depending on a library does not make a difference. SSH and ssh server is deeply integrated into Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD etc kernel, not windows.

Ironically, my job requires me to use Linux. I could never touch an abomination like Windows. Ever. It doesn't really have an effective standard package manager for Christ's sake.

>mount sshfs
>entire system hangs on disconnect
lel

I guess I am a newfag, thanks anyway

[spoiler]At least I'm not a tripfag tho[/spoiler]

Do linux file managers have segmented downloading options? That's why I'm using lftp atm, it's pretty aids searching for stuff on my server though (12TB worth of shit) so I'd love something better.

>Note that windows needs to emulate SSH and SSHFS while *nix does not need to, because it's *nix that treats everything as a file, not windows.
I at least understand your point now, but it doesn't stop Windows from being able to do what OP shows, making his thread silly!

Mac OS could do that in a few years

What is the appeal to being a tripnigger anyway? I thought the cool thing about 4chun was the anonymity of the comments. Why degrade yourself to reddit standards if you can ascend to the eternal hivemind?

Nobody gives me attention when I don't use a name.

>but it doesn't stop Windows from being able to do what OP shows, making his thread silly!
I don't get it. Where did OP claim that windows cannot emulate SSHFS?

Git and package managers are apples to oranges.

In what way do you think git is good that all package managers are bad? Obviously not simplicity in command line interface.

Hi, I'll explain.
His comment field reads
>ITT: Things Mac OS or Windows will NEVER EVER be able to do
His picture is some generic file manager with an sftp uri loaded up. He did not specify in his comment that the pic is unrelated, so we would normally make the assumption that he is claiming Windows can't browse sftp servers.

What's the file manager?

Well your assumption was incorrect. The NT kernel has no support for UNIX abstraction like SSH, hence Windows doesn't support sftp

OP was demonstrating how he could achieve sftp natively without the overhead of emulation

You've sure extracted a lot out of OP's post

You dead nigger

next year is the year of linoox!

>sftp via GUI
LOL

>doesn't know about the existence of professional software other than muh koden with karly tier text editors

>implying someone still gives a fuck about you

>2014

Winshill/tripfag detected.

that actually happens too on linux.

If the remote goes off while a folder mounted, any access to that folder will freeze, and your shit will fall apart when you poweroff as it tries to unmount.

tl;dr write your own inotify script thats mounts on access and dismounts on inactivity.
protip, make it multithreaded, so unmounting doesnt hang the script

have something as nice and simple to use as nfqueue

>that spike in windows server 2003 usage this year
hol' up