NVIDIA 1070ti

guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-gtx-1070-ti-3dmark-benchmark-results.html

What is the point of this card?

Other urls found in this thread:

fool.com/investing/2017/04/27/sk-hynix-outs-new-graphics-memory-likely-destined.aspx
overclockers.co.uk/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-56-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-red-pack-gx-18y-pc.html
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2892-nvidia-titan-xp-review-vs-1080-ti-benchmark?showall=1
pcgamesn.com/nvidia-gtx-1070-ti-specs
twitter.com/FioraAeterna/status/921421772053819392
twitter.com/FioraAeterna/status/921430112095965184
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To make money. Clueless nvidiots will buy it

To clear GP104 inventory before Volta SKUs (bigger dies) land.

Vega 56 killer

Except Vega 56 apparently just got a big boost in the new Windows update while Nvidia cards saw a smaller increase sometimes. And the Vega drivers aren't even done. Could Vega hit the perf/TF ratio of a rx 460, which literally performs nearly 2x better per teraflop? Possibly. We'll see if they ever get fucking ngg working

> We'll see if they ever get fucking ngg working
NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

>Vega 56 killer
Vega is 1.5 year LATE, this

At this rate probably. Those monkeys are killing AMD. Raja should've fired everyone the day he walked in and hired a fresh team poached from qualcomm or something, now Lisa is going to make him commit sudoku

>Vega is 1.5 year LATE
That doesn't mean nVidia won't pull a marketing stunt given the possibility.
>At this rate probably.
Nah. Late December at worst.
>poached from qualcomm
Getting his old Imageon team would be a very difficult task for AMD right now.

A combo and knee jerk reaction that was held back in case this occurred. It's a wedge card until Volta which they could have delivered around this time but held back to suck down more shekels. When Ayymd releases better drivers that cause Vega to BTFO their current line, then they'll release Volta. I have no interest in Volta unless they finally start ungimping the features that they've been gimping this far in their cards. The FPS war is over. They better deliver on compute and opened up features/drivers/software or they can fuck right off.

>I have no interest in Volta
Bigger dies for cheaper.
What's bad about it?

Volta is not ready since it uses gddr6 which is not ready

>GDDR6
Oh boy the Cartel will be so happy about it.

You guys are retards. Creating a new SKU when they already had two well placed SKUs using gp104 is dumb and will only cause cannibalism (who'll buy the 1070 now) and clog the inventor of most retailers. If they drop the 1070 to $300 and 1060 6gb to $200 I'll believe you. And jhh already indicated volta wont be coming in 2017, and based on hynix or whoever saying they have a gpu partner slated to use gddr6 probably means we won't see volta until late 2018 since gddr6 doesnt even start volume production until 2018 according to everyone, including samsung, who was the first to announce gddr6 was in the works

>Creating a new SKU when they already had two well placed SKUs
One is overpriced due to mining and the other is $500.
Not "well placed" in any shape or form.

The same thing will happen to the 1070ti if mining keeps up. Inflated prices due to market climate isn't an argument against their lineup.

>What is the point of this card?
pic related

>GDDR5

Gee Bill! How come Leather Man lets you have TWO mining SKU's?

true

Friendly reminder that GP104 is a midrange GPU. That's how far ahead Nvidia is.

It's probably good for mining.

proofs?

Waiting finewine drivers.

mining on 8gb cards is dead this month.

>mining on 8gb cards is dead this month.
No it's not. You are retarded

People argue endlessly over benchmarks and specs, trying to justify that one is better than another, but the reality is (and pretty much always has been) the same - the differences are insignificant, nvidia is ultimately faster but overpriced, amd is considerably better value and still perfectly fine for 99.9% of scenarios.
You think most people here are really so stupid that they can't accept that simple reality, and need to argue about it endlessly? No, it's a corporate strategy, shills argue back and forth because they're trying to secure sales, and the constant back and forth keeps the conflict relevant, making people believe they need new gpus when pretty much any decent gpu from the last 5 years will do fine. Processing power has had diminishing returns for a while now, but god forbid people realised that en masse!

Regarding GDDR6, SK Hynix stated that it "has been planning to mass-produce the product for a client to release high-end graphics card by early 2018 equipped with high-performance GDDR6 DRAMs."

fool.com/investing/2017/04/27/sk-hynix-outs-new-graphics-memory-likely-destined.aspx

That is almost certainly Volta they are talking about. So it's more likely we will see the first cards in early 2018, not late 2018.

I need a new graphics card since mine is overheating. I think I might just cave and buy a 1070

Not enough GDDR5X production.

Can't deliver enough GTX 1080s to the market.

GTX 1070 ti uses GDDR5 instead of GDDR5X.

But it will be useless as GDDR5 boards are better than GDDR5X for etherium.

Miners will make this card cost more than the GTX 1080.

If I could get a new Titan Xp for $1k, should I?

Fuck no.

Hello, verysmart

It must be fun playing the moderate and pretending you're more intelligent than everyone else whilst simultaneously subtly shilling for AMD. There's no shame in being a poorfag and making a bid for value, just stop being a pussy and own up to your choices in life for once - you might actually get some pussy if you stop being one.

Why can't amd get the nggrs to start working?

Of what?

If you mean NGG it's a detailed feature in the Vega uarch white paper and claims to increasing geometry throughput by 4x, and AMD engineers have previously said that it will be controlled by drivers, but hasn't been completed yet.

shut the fuck up if you don't understand shit. he told a windows update improved performance. radeon pro got a driverupdate, to 17.10, primitive shaders comes with 17.32

What? Please speak english.

Also, 17.10 and 17.32 don't mean the same thing. Released drivers use year.month. Internal drivers (as seen in slides) use year of development.branch code. We don't know when we'll see it or if it'll be merged into the current branch. It could come at any time.

But why

So miners have a new card to all buy from Nvidia

>dumb and will only cause cannibalism

"If you don't cannibalize yourself, someone else will." - Steven P. Jobs.

Early 2018 makes sense, that's going to be ~2 years since Pascal first came out, just about time for a new gen to hit the shelves. Late 2018 would be pretty odd, graphics card generations don't tend to last 2.5+ years.

Just get a new 1080ti for $200 less and a fresh warranty.

Assume this is new too.

I mean it's about 5% better for 20% more money. It's better but it's just not a great deal unless you absolutely need that 5% or don't care about spending $200 more.

You're right. I'm just getting hung up on it being better.

Newer and better question: I have a GTX 1080, and I'm thinking of picking up a second graphics card. Should I pick up another 1080, or a 1080 Ti?

>You're right. I'm just getting hung up on it being better.
I hear you. Also keep in mind the Titans are stuck with the stupid blower coolers which tend to be noisy, but some people like them for airflow reasons.

>Should I pick up another 1080, or a 1080 Ti?
SLI (and Crossfire) both seem to be completely dead in the water. Horrible recent scaling in newer games and the whole multi-GPU DX12 stuff hasn't really panned out yet. I've been down that road before and it's buggy, frustrating, noisy, and hot. It's a fucking meme and that's even WITH the microstutter issues mostly ironed out. The better question is why can't you just stand pat for now with a 1080? Even at 4K you should be able to tweak settings or downscale the resolution to maintain 60fps in most games, no?

This is all for neural networks/computing, not gaming

Oh alright, well that's a completely different story then. How well they scale in that case is probably dependent on what you're doing. If it's just a matter of CUDA core count, then adding another 1080 could be a really good idea for you.

Yep, will need to write code around distributing to different GPUs, but I should do that anyway. Also need to get a new PSU.

But Ti vs no?

I meant just adding one more 1080 non-Ti might be good enough for you. Like I said, it probably depends a lot on what you're doing but in theory it could double your current performance. My understanding of compute performance is that depending on how well the application is coded, the performance just becomes a function of how many CUDA cores/stream processors the GPU has.

>What is the point of this card?
Pretty sure its for playing games.

My 56 beats it easily.

At what? Mining Monero? kek

I get around the performance of a mid tier 1080.

hes right you know. Aymd gimped 56s with the bios and you can get 64 performance for $100 less

the algorithms are hitting another spike around october that will put mining on the 8gb cards non viable... it is october correct?

you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The difficulty has nothing to do with the DAG file size, which just passed 4 GB a little while back. Ethereum (only one of about a million shitcoins that are profitable to mine right now) will be proof of stake long before the DAG file would have grown over 8 GB.

Change the TIM

To clear out GP104 inventory and counter Vega RX 56. There isn't enough GDDR5X to go around and there's a good amount of "good" GP104 silicon.

Nvidia did the same shit with GK104 silicon back in the day (760 and 770).

>And the Vega drivers aren't even done
They should have released a fully functional product when they sold it. I don't understand the people who point to things like this like it's a pro instead of a con.

are people still defending vega?

Vega is good if you get it for mrsp

>the algorithms
You are retarded. Different cryptocurrencies use radically different algorithms. I'm assuming you are just spewing nonsense based on very limited knowledge of Ethereum, which isn't mined anymore by anyone who knows what they are doing.

I suppose when it rains that thing will mix itself into the hole?

Red pack RX Vega 56 with Wolfenstein II + Prey
overclockers.co.uk/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-56-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-red-pack-gx-18y-pc.html

so Nvidia has a card that directly competes with Vega 56
not sure what the point will be when the magical golden drivers come out though

Nvidia hopes to steal the sales before AIB Vega's drop probably.

I'll be a little bit salty if NGG is a real deal, I just got 1070 in september
it's nice though

There is no magical drivers

AYYMD has no fine wine, keep on lying to yourself though

You're getting destroyed by GTX 1070 Ti and soon GTX 2070

why wouldn't they last that long if there's no competition?

>buying a GeForce card for compute

>I'll be a little bit salty if NGG is a real deal

Let us assume for the moment that AMD does get vega working as per their whitepaper and Vega surges ahead of pascal - if you think ytou will be salty the fallout on Sup Forums and OCN would be nothing short of biblical.

It gets even more amusing as hardware unboxed has shown vega to get faster when paired with a 1800x than when paired with a 5ghz 7700k at times.

POOH

Kill yourself you perma-BTFO'd tripfaggot

It looks like it has 30-50% more cores and 30% more memory (cores/memory being the two main specs). Going off the same article telling me not to buy the Titan Xp

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2892-nvidia-titan-xp-review-vs-1080-ti-benchmark?showall=1

If NGG will truly work every place in the fucking internet related to GPUs will burn in flames of IHV wars.

It's 17.320 actually.

The 1070Ti is going to be locked.

Enjoy your non-overclockable cards, nvidiots.

It would also cement my next gpu purchase. Really all I desire is a 1080ti competitor (even at same price - I just don't want to give Nvidia money) and a large 4k freesync 2 screen.

>overclocking GPUs in 2017
>not just buying a superclocked model for the same price as regular one

I'll buy Nitro+ 56 anyway but I simply want to see internet BURN.

>I'll
W A I T
A
I
T

NO CARDS
ONLY WAITING NOW

Projecting much? Most of your rant makes no sense. You actually gonna try to refute anything I said? Or are you just going to continue wallowing in your own crapulence?

do 64's have higher potential than that or are they bad overclockers?

I don't understand why AMD or Intel hasn't opened a dram fab. With all the price fixing it'd be easy to kick the shit out of the others.

The cost is astronomical. Plus i'd bet its a patent nightmare as the other companies would fight it tooth and nail to prevent someone big like Intel (AMD are nowhere near big enough to do it) getting a foot in the door.

What people forget is that modern computing is so tightly bound to only a few key players nobody else can actually afford to get in on the act without eating losses that would make MS blush.

In that case, maybe GE should expand. Conglomerate vs conglomerates.

Costs dosh.
Also AMD will never ever try to ruin their more than stellar relationships with the Cartel.

>Enjoy your non-overclockable cards, nvidiots.
In the past I'd agree with you.
But boost 3.0 removes the new for overclocking.

My GTX 1080 will boost to 1,897mhz-2,012mhz all by itself.

This. Who even cares about overclocking anymore? When everything now is overclocked from the factory or boosts to a certain point under load, the more interesting tweaks involve undervolting and underclocking to see how cool and quiet you can get the card to run. If you want a faster GPU, buy a better one.

>hardware unboxed has shown vega to get faster when paired with a 1800x than when paired with a 5ghz 7700k at times

do you have a link?

I read something before that said there was a difference between the 1070 and the 1080 which made the 1070 better for mining vs the 1080. Which card does the 1070ti resemble more?

>I read something before that said there was a difference between the 1070 and the 1080 which made the 1070 better for mining vs the 1080.
Memory type.
You can't be this dumb, right?
>Which card does the 1070ti resemble more?
Have a wild guess.

you're so smart, why did you even bother to respond

pcgamesn.com/nvidia-gtx-1070-ti-specs

1070 cuda cores 1920
1080 cuda cores 2560
1070 ti cuda cores 2432

1070ti and 1080 share the same base clock, but the 1080 will boost higher

1070ti still uses DDR5 vs the 1080 DDR5x VRAM

it looks like it's just a card for miners who were disappointed with the 1080 AND to move GPUs before the 11xx debuts

Only reason the 1070ti exists is to ensure that Vega 56 has no place in the market, even if it'd never at $399, I've seen $449 like once.

If its over clocking is locked down however I hope nvidiots will finally open their eyes and stop supporting that company

>Vega 56 has no place in the market
DUDE DRIVERS LMAO

>If its over clocking is locked down however I hope nvidiots will finally open their eyes and stop supporting that company

You're cute when you are naive user.

>twitter.com/FioraAeterna/status/921421772053819392
>twitter.com/FioraAeterna/status/921430112095965184
>weaboo cosplayer that understands how GPUs work
What the fuck.

Autism is on hell of a drug.