WOMAN IN TECH THREAD

women in tech thread

Other urls found in this thread:

paulgraham.com/yahoo.html
emina.github.io/rosette/
youtube.com/watch?v=KpDyuMIb_E0
reddit.com/r/TrollXChromosomes/comments/71iw2e/after_about_a_month_of_complaining_to_hr_with/
mitpress.mit.edu/books/myth-grace
ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/CBC-Ch-02.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Equifax scissor

>be woman in tech
>promoted because we need woman in tech
>logical conclusion ceo
>destroy greatest tech firm of all time, the very one which jump started all of silicon valley

>be woman in tech
>be getting ahead by sexing google
>become ceo of rival company
>be telling employees to do one thing while consistently doing opposite
>drive formerly big name into irrelevance

>be man in tech
>make one of the finest games ever
>even has 4 player multiplayer in 1983
>become woman
>still make good games but not as good as before you transitioned

>japan did this

Who's that? John Carmack?

Same thing.

hek

Yahoo was already pushing the daisies way before she stepped in. It's unfair to pin the death of yahoo on her.

Here's an excellent breakdown of Yahoo's problems from 2010; 2 years before Mayer became CEO. paulgraham.com/yahoo.html

>Begins transitioning to a woman in 2003
>article refers to him as "she" in 2001

Isn't this wrong?

>male engineers
>wives and girlfriends

They hired her to raise the profile of the company, which she did. Shame about her actual work as CEO.

What does this even mean? Literally nothing, but I'm sure it received a roaring applause.

That's the most incomprehensible drivel I've ever seen.

Whaddya expect, it's a woman.

I actually believe she's probably a good coder.

I mean... look at her.

what company?

yahoo?

I blame Ace Ventura tbdesu.

It's retroactive, like a name change.

what the fuck is wrong with her face

botnet pussy

Not tech you retard

>Biotech
>Not technology

Came here to post this

Please leave Fedora waifu out of this. She is actually competent and not an affirmatve action hire.

I keked so hard.

>bloodtesting
>"omg lol XD XD xD it's like apple but for Healthcare. It, like, required computer programing or something to make? lol xD"
When will hiroshimoot get rid of this board? It's a failure

>internet of things
>things are on the internet for no reason other than to be controlled by an iphone

>internet of women
>women constantly connected to the internet so they can be controlled with an iphone
Apple already did this.

It's saying that the company needs to keep the wives of their employees happy for the purpose of employee retention. Which is true.

The feminist hates it, because it implicitly assumes the engineers will be heterosexual men.

This bitch is straight up evil. She needs to hang for her crimes, I'm not even joking. She tried to defraud the US military with fake medical devices. She should be hanged.

Program source as flat text rather than structured data is a mistake that will be rectified in the future.

That picture is the future. Well, not quite. That picture is the future in much the same way that pic related was the future

This has already been tried to death and it doesn't work. Flat text is just more condensed and easier to read.

Interesting take user
I posit that the future is machine-assisted mathematically proven code and/or 5GLs (natural Lang to AI translator to said code)

>>This has already been tried to death and it doesn't work.
Tried with immature technology. Attempts so far have been the equivalent of pic related.

>machine-assisted mathematically proven code
SAT-solver assisted languages will go hand-in-hand with Very High Level languages that use structure data source code.

Take a look at Rosette. Tech like this is the precursor to what will come.

emina.github.io/rosette/
youtube.com/watch?v=KpDyuMIb_E0

>industry's gender problem
I think the problem was women entering into the tech industry.

>women in tech

This is so painfully true, it's like you managed to sum up about 90% of what depresses me into a single statement. I fucking hate this planet, when will tech fix this shit?

>women in tech
SHEEEIIIIIIT

what the fuck does that even mean?

>Social media botnet
Heh more like THOTnet, amirite fellas

>pwp
What did she mean by this???

reddit.com/r/TrollXChromosomes/comments/71iw2e/after_about_a_month_of_complaining_to_hr_with/

kek

Probably not even she knows.

It means the tech industry needs to do more of what it's been doing for the last twenty years - create fake jobs to put women in, hire said women to do fake work and feel good about it, so that the company doesn't look sexist.

This has been pointed out before, but that code isn't even correct.

Can I get a source on this?

this is literally the only reason i've stopped using fedora since like version 24

People like her came through because the bar was set high, not low

mitpress.mit.edu/books/myth-grace

>TrollXChromosomes
Is this sincere, or just shitposting?

Sorry? What did this whale do?

do{
move(dick,forward,7);
pull(dick,backwards,8);
}while(karlie.orgasm == 0)
spray(karlie,walls,white);
free(dick);

meant for *

>It's the regular brogrammer stuff: dude is totally socially-awkward, never talks to anyone, never smiles, when you tell him to cheer up he gets angry and gives you these silly "death stares"... This is more job-related, but he seems to be extra mean in code reviews (for those who don't know about programming, it's when a programmer "reviews" the code another programmer wrote) when the reviewee is a woman. He only talks to male coworkers, although not much, but female coworkers, he shuns. Answers in monosylabes, cuts the conversation short and in a couple of times he's been very rude when doing that.
But what really tilted the field for us was, who are acustomed to these "low-key woman-haters", was when one of my coworkers caught him reading an MRA site and making comments about how women get hired in our field only because the companies need a diversity quota. We brought this concern to HR (which has been amazing in my time here, really trying to make the whole place a welcoming one for all people and not just virgin white men) and they had a talk to him. I don't know what he said, but he ended up being fired.

OP on that page is pretty authentic

This makes me upset.

>But what really tilted the field for us was, who are acustomed to these "low-key woman-haters", was when one of my coworkers caught him reading an MRA site and making comments about how women get hired in our field only because the companies need a diversity quota.
I'm supposed to believe she shoulder-surfed this guy at work posting on Sup Forums? Total bullshit.

Here's the second quote:
ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/CBC-Ch-02.pdf

made me contract cellulite just by accidentally stumbling upon that picture even though i'm an ectomorph and i've already tried bulking for 2 months
it's really strange how the world works

>make video to promote womyn coding
>show footage of women not even being able to operate a cli

>Sorry?
That should say "Story"

it's actually funny cause in my language pwp it's like an internet version of the word kiss,stupid innocent bitches

Let's just pretend she made all the programs for a second. How about this instead:
>Make the entire engine in question from scratch
>she programs it for a while
>get ignored that you kind of made it

Yahoo jumped the shark when they fought off the Microsoft buyout without a real game plan. Anyone who honestly thought regulators would have allowed Google and Yahoo to merge were utterly delusional. It was also one of the first evil acts Google committed, but the digirati didn't care since it was against Microsoft.

Mayer joined because she got passed over for a promotion at Google and was salty about it. Jerry Yang already shit the bed at that point so there was no reason not to give her a shot.

Burger Becky.

>It's retroactive
It's gaslighting

never heard of them

This cap is misleading. The video it's from shows an example of code that doesn't work. Klossy-chan shows why it doesn't work and fixes it.

>raised profile by being shit

the women in my cs class are some of the smartest and most motivated students

You leave Karlie out of this you hear me?

>macbook
dropped

>be Ada Lovelace
>contribute a few fanciful ideas to Babbage's work
>encourage him to bet his entire fortune at the horse racing track because if he can just win he can afford to build the Difference Engine
>he loses his money
>oh well, tee hee

probably pwd

this is a blue board, please stop posting pictures of wrinkled up old cunts. thank you.

Can we honestly say that Yahoo would have done any better in Microsoft's hands?

Microsoft has consistently fumbled it's web and mobile properties. They would have botched Yahoo too.

i thought that its a man but i only saw the thumbnail so maybe the full image is different

>Can we honestly say that Yahoo would have done any better in Microsoft's hands?
>Microsoft has consistently fumbled it's web and mobile properties. They would have botched Yahoo too.
Valid point, Microsoft routinely shit up its acquisitions, with the height of it being the release of the Kin. Hard to say if Microsoft would have succeeded. MS really did go all in on search and web platform technology (and did provide tech for them at some point), and Yahoo still had a halfway respectable user base. Mayer's tenure really doesn't have any highlights outside of the Alibaba investment. Her attempts to make Yahoo some sort of cultural icon fell flat. Yahoo's management of its own acquisitions are arguably worse than Microsoft's with all the companies they flatout killed trying to integrate.

Google needed Yahoo to flail around while it consolidated its position to steal the remaining users from them. It succeeded enormously with the fake merger attempt.

Kek, stop misleading people. She is merely introducing the concept if variables, the code is still supposed to draw the rectangle. Watch the video again and don't make shit up.

Isn't she a JVM performance engineer? I think she's the exception here. That shit's pure wizardry.

If I were in his position I would reach right up in there and grab what's mine

>hotties

>software engineer
>an actual engineer
The T in STEM is kind of like jews, they pretend to be something (white people) to fuck over that group. Stop trying to pretend to be engineers, /sci/ already gives engies/engie students hell as is.

>Microsoft routinely shit up its acquisitions, with the height of it being the release of the Kin.
>Kin
Holy fuck I forgot that existed

Sigh. It' sad to see such a cesspool of young men threatened by smart, brave, and successful women.

I'll let you guys in on a little secret: women are just as capable as men. Also, they have it twice as hard in male dominated sectors such as tech. Stop being an asshole.

Good riddance, grow up guys.

fuck off kike

>they have it twice as easy in male dominated sectors
ftfy skirt

you know she's a cunt when even reddit is shocked by her behavior