/hpg/ - Headphone General

Requesting purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-579-Around-Ear-Headphones-Grey-Matte-Finish/dp/B01L1IIF1K/
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-598SR-Over-Ear-Headphone-Black/dp/B06WLGRYSF/
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-558-Around-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B004FEEY9A/
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-569-Around-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B01L1IIF1A/
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-380-Pro-Collapsible-Black/dp/B001UE6I0G/
amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-7506-Professional-Headphone-Black/dp/B000AJIF4E/
massdrop.com/buy/dekoni-premium-ear-pads-for-sennheiser-hd-6xx?mode=guest_open
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR34WTjYt4
youtube.com/watch?v=3AZTKCMRzHM
youtube.com/watch?v=c2Es9S9tXTY
youtube.com/watch?v=dp5hsDgENLk
juloaudio.sk/Umiestnenie_reprosustav/History of Harman Target Curve.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so my old Sony ps3 pulse headphones finally kicked the bucket and i want to replace them. i only used them on my pc. mostly for listening to music and watching movies late at night without bothering anybody who is trying to sleep..

what are some great wireless headphones for under $120? im not using a laptop by the way. which means i would need to buy a Bluetooth adapter. does anybody have experience using Bluetooth headphones with Bluetooth adapters? is there any lag in the audio?

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Headband finally broke in on my Q701s today after 4 years of daily use, they're probably my favorite pair now.

shitty chink earphones finally died and want to send a bit more cash on a pair of headphones.
budget is £50-£100 ($65 - $130).
want them to be semi-closed or closed, don't really want audio leakage. no preference between wired or wireless, gonna use them with my phone and laptop for music, youtube and movies.
what get?

As an HD600 owner, I'm glad I own more than one headphone. These things get way too boring after a while and I end up going back to my thrashed and trashed K7XX or DT880 just for some life (but they make my ears throb in pain after long sessions).

You could see it as an opportunity for an overdue HD600 upgrade.

Or just order a headband. Which you should probably do regardless.

>HD600 competing with 701s for soundstage and clarity

ta for the larf m8

Fulla 2
MDR Z7

Everyday I am growing darker

nice clarity you got there bud

>Q701

m40x, semi closed leaks

Open. I included these because most people are wrong thinking they need closed. Open is only an issue if you like to listen to music loudly with people in the same room (like an open office). Nobody will hear you outside the room, even if loud:
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-579-Around-Ear-Headphones-Grey-Matte-Finish/dp/B01L1IIF1K/
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-598SR-Over-Ear-Headphone-Black/dp/B06WLGRYSF/
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-558-Around-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B004FEEY9A/
Closed:
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-569-Around-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B01L1IIF1A/
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-380-Pro-Collapsible-Black/dp/B001UE6I0G/
amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-7506-Professional-Headphone-Black/dp/B000AJIF4E/

Pick according to budget and actual isolation needs.

Details on Dekoni's HD6** earpads came out, being sold through Massdrop.

massdrop.com/buy/dekoni-premium-ear-pads-for-sennheiser-hd-6xx?mode=guest_open

Elite Velour - $35
Elite Hybrid - $55 - sheepskin on the outside, velour on the ear surface, fenestrated sheepskin on the inside
Sheepskin - $60
Fenestrated Sheepskin - $65

No details on FR changes for each, unfortunately. I'm interested, but not enough to buy blind. Not even sure if I want to keep my HD6XX after it arrives, after hearing a HD 800 and falling in love.

Excess melanin might be an indicator of a health problem. Do visit the doctor!

HD 600 or HD 650

HD600. HD650 is veiled shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR34WTjYt4
youtube.com/watch?v=3AZTKCMRzHM
youtube.com/watch?v=c2Es9S9tXTY

Ahh, the narcissism of small differences.

Get HD600.
The HD650 is close to the HD600 but worse because it's dark, thus less neutral.
If you really want something darker and bassier, then the new HD660S is a better bet. It is farther from HD600, and can actually complement it.

Calm down Pablo, I'm pretty sure I'm whiter than you.

HD 660 S release date?

It's already released.

Good or trash?

I've never said that there's anything wrong with being somewhat tanned.
Just that, if your melanin is increasing for no good reason, definitely visit the doctor.
Suddenly craving for bass is a worrying indicator.

Needs more measurements to determine if it's worth it. I wouldn't take the measurement done by Jude too seriously (or anything else he does for the matter).

What headphones does Okinawa wear?

Ordered mine June 28th so looks like I can expect my HD6xx in the next few weeks.

youtube.com/watch?v=dp5hsDgENLk

>June
That's a long wait, I'm too impatient to do that, I'd rather spend the extra money.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

It was for my birthday and I already own decent headphones that i've been using in the meantime.

I saved $115 by being patient. I don't NEED the headphones, I just want them and being able to order myself a christmas present around my birthday worked out decently I think.

HD650.

HD800

So did I.

hd800s

>spending extra hundreds on the s variant
>not SDR modding your hd800

fuck all that shit. im just buying them cause theyre huge anyway

You can replace the headband.

I don't think you understand the difference between the HD 800 and the HD 800s

>shitty monolithical systems
>slow and jittery context switches
Deprecated trash.
seL4 is where it's at. Not just an order of magnitude lower latency, but complete with WCET (worst case execution time) proofs.
>using leenoks/wintendo
>in 2017
kek

i know its a lot more money, and i watched tyll's video. thats about what i know of the difference

I want to sexually fuck those guppies.

so they give priority to summer orders. fair but sucks for me, I ordered a week ago.

Yeah but if you're in the Continental US they're still thinking they'll be able to ship them all in time for Christmas delivery.

Drunk Idol trash here.
What's your HD600 like, user?

I'm between the Status Audio CB-1 and Audio-Technica ATH-M40x but I have massive monkey ears. Any know which would be better for my situation?

I need new cans.

Looking for an upgrade that's warm and a little bassy. K612, HD599/600/650 are my current options and I don't want to spend any more than that.

Fucking chinks, I swear. Are there any fixes for the rattle?

Something Sennheiser. Roomy pads. Do you need it to be closed? If so look at HD569, HD380. Else, HD579, HD598cs/sr, HD558.
The best among these is HD600. If you can't afford that, look at HD579, not HD599. It has near identical frequency response, costs much cheaper, and while subjective, reviewers do prefer it over the HD599.

I did see the 579, just how new are they? There are literally none in New Zealand.

I don't need it to be closed. Those just seemed to be the best sub 100 headphones.

HD650, definitely.

Newest among the new HD5xx stuff. (599 (considered worse than 579), 579, 569 (closed), 559 (considered worse than 558))

Probably the m40x. The status audio cb-1 pads are thick as fuck so they may not give your ears breathing room.
K612 or if you live in the US, he-400i has god tier bass because it's planar magnetic.

Almost the same as HD600, but worse. It does have a little more bass, but less treble, and less accurate to harman target, so worse overall.
Minimal difference, worse, more expensive. Not recommended.
See

The fuck is wrong with my country...

>definitely
why?

lmao.
Re: planars, hifiman is shit mids (i.e.: the most important) and shit QC and support. Look into the LCD-2c if you're willing to go down that path.

>harman target
Who cares?

in the US it's $250, the k612 would fit your needs well. Other headphones to consider are the monoprice m1060 or if you want to get something incredible, the newest lcd-2 coming out.

>not knowing how to EQ properly
typical retard.

>Who cares?
You, assuming your ears and brain are functional.

>QC
Probably the most important factor in any purchase decision in New Zealand. Getting stuff fixed usually costs the same in shipping as just buying new.

It's a subjective target, no? I don't think it has anything to do with fidelity.

yeah pretty much
>muh normie likes muh boosted bass so here's muh supah "accurate©" curve

juloaudio.sk/Umiestnenie_reprosustav/History of Harman Target Curve.pdf
Let's stick to facts.

That's pretty cool. And the TL;DR (conclusions page) is pretty clear.

Neither is "worse" than the other.

>youtube.com/watch?v=3AZTKCMRzHM

That's funny that you would link to that video, because Metal571 also prefers the HD650 over the HD600.

PXC 550 or WH-1000XM2?

>
>

R8 my setup
Modi v1
Parasound EQ300
Magni v2
Sony MDR7506

Focal elear.
The real sucessor of the HD600.

>The real sucessor of the HD600.
The real successor of the $300 HD600 are $1000+?

and the elear sounds worse than the hd600 lmao

>soundstage
>real

MDR-MA900

>having no soundstage

What's the difference between Soundmagic ES18s and E10s? I'm currently using the ES18s with a mic because it was cheaper at the time but now the left ear is failing. Should I opt for the E10s or buy another pair of ES18s?

Do you absolutely need wireless? Wireless is worse in almost every aspect.

Post yours please

take it and go

>someone went through the effort to make this meme image

This is not bait. I just want see what you people like. The only thing that I might change is the Headphones to a HyperX Cloud Alpha (when I get them).

>tfw AOTS through MA900
Comfy.

Should I buy the Phillips SPH9500S? it's 50 doll hairs on newegg

>AOTS
>not Net-juu no Susume or Sangatsu no Lion 2

objectively wrong.

Yes.
Those aren't cute girls doing cute things so I don't know what they are.

watcha drinking user? I just picked up a few growlers from a bar
>ma900
ma900 is literally AOTS

>Those aren't cute girls doing cute things
Net-juu no Susume objectively is about a cute girl doing cute things, and about a cute boy doing cute things as a girl.

Shit waifu, meh headphones. Good music

Had some guinness drought, and some fuckingh cider.

Finally a good OP

>not Houseki no Kuni
I want r/anime to leave

Post your crap m8

>guinness
could be worse I guess, sucks to not be able to have american stouts. drop some whiskey in it

MA900 is AOTYAY nigga. Everclear, vodka and lemonade here.
Kirino is second best girl.
That is also not CGDCT so I don't know what it is.

SSR is Made in Abyss tier FOTM trash, cute girls doing cute things is almost never executed well, just look at how garbage series like Umaru and K-On.

Rate no hate

>garbage series like Umaru
take that fucking back

Ok you REALLY need to go back to r/anime