Do these have little to no latency like normal ps/2 peripherals or are they ust a meme?

do these have little to no latency like normal ps/2 peripherals or are they ust a meme?

there's no reason to use ps/2 things in 2017

but 0 latency

Let's see, most USB keyboards works in low speed mode, there is probably one MCU clocked at 12MHz inside, I leave rest of the math to you

CRTs have 0 latency too, do you want to use them too?

That depends if your LCD/LED doesn't offer a high enough vertical frequency.

Ps/2 to USB isn't a 1/1. The piece of hardware you have posted does literally nothing

You bet your ass I would.

Pic related: Sony GDM-FW900. 24 inches, 2304 x 1440 max res.

Close to 0 doesn't equal 0
I know it is good enough but some people just want to embrace 0 latency meme

I was optimistic in my calculations that it contains some kind of signal converter (not op here)

Has anyone ever gotten these things to work in bios?

for keyboards there is.

when you need bios or diagnostics, the last thing you want is the usb to not be registering.

its why I have a rubber dome ps/2 as a backup when all my peripherals on my non main machine are usb.

I have.

You can get converters, but they're larger. I assumed they'd work too.

I agree with the latency meme. Total placebo. I mostly only use my CRT for CS 1.6. Max vertical frequency is 160Hz. Feels good to have a 100 true frames per second with vertical sync on. My weapons recoil is non existent. I get accused of aimbot every time.

>latency
no, youre thinking of response time

>GDM-FW900
What's up with the underage shit?
The FW900 where shit CRTs when compared to other 4:3 Sony CRTs.

>CRTs have 0 latency too
That's wrong.

>shit CRT
>people still using them even though they're almost old enough to drink

Shit "how" you insufferable faggot?

>do these have little to no latency like normal ps/2 peripherals
Yes. It's a dumb adapter. They add only 0.15ns of latency, due to the additional 3 cm of wires the signal has to go through.

>or are they ust a meme?
Both

>I get accused of aimbot every time.
Same here, to this day when I play competitive FPS games.
CRTs have nothing to do with it though, you won't really feel the difference between a 140Hz pantel and a 140Hz CRT.
Modern panels have a response rate of sub 1ms. Also CRTs still have output latency.

Their only advantage is being widescreen, in every other aspect they are worse than normal 4:3 CRTs.
If you want to go CRT, get a proper CRT monitor.

True, I just haven't got a 144hz yet. 120 seems like it would work too. from 120 to 144, I'm not sure the difference would be that noticeable.

Imo the main reason to get a crt is for cheap 100+Hz. 120/144Hz LCDs are still just so much more expensive than 60Hz LCDs.

It frees up one USB slot on my motherboard.

Also I use it since my gigashit mobo feels like shitting itself with usb drivers every 10th restart before I even get to GRUB, shitty EFI garbage.

tl;dr there's no real demerit

Those only work with existing PS/2 hardware.

Depends.
I have a steel series keyboard with A USB connector.
The USB -> PS/2 Connector works perfectly, I even set it for turning the computer on when I press Ctrl + ESC.
The thing is it doesn't carry power so if your keyboard has any chips in it it might not work and any back lighting wont work.
Some of the other issues is that USB channels can become cluttered if you have loads of shit going threw them where as PS/2 doesn't share shit .

>my weapons recoil is non existent
That's not how it works, retard.

nkey rollover

I found one of these in my house and don't know what it's for.

low latency input/output

Tried it, but the mouse wouldn't receive power.

Lmao, even my nobrand $5 POS can switch between usb and ps2 no problem, haha kill yourself

>do you want to use them too?
Hell yes, But I Cant find one that is bigger that 15" or compatible with my graphics card

>My weapons recoil is non existent.
wat

no latency if your USB peripheral is able to send out PS/2 signals through the USB cable as some sort of legacy feature. Otherwise, it does literally nothing.

The biggest issue with CRT's and FPS games is screen size. I much prefer playing games on my 27" 2560x1440p@144Hz LCD than my 17" 1024x768@90Hz. Everything just looks so tiny.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU GAY

Weren't there CRT monitors back then that had 1200 vertical pixels?

More than that

My issue isn't really the resolution, since even 768p looks ok on a CRT. The 17" screen size really sucks, I have to sit right in front of it to see what's going on. And then the 4:3 aspect ratio feels a bit claustrophobic from 16:9

>compatible with my graphics card

what?

You a 10 year old pretending to be older?

depends on your peripheral

not all usb mice/keyboards even work with passive adapters. active adapters are pointless.

>latency
USB 3.0 solves this

>nkey rollover
Not a problem of USB per se.
Even USB 1 is perfectly capable of n-key rollover.

most of the latency comes from the usb device itself, not the transfer

The usb protocol has a mode to transmit continuous data, as in stream, with zero latency. As a result you don't have to poll on whether the mouse moved or not.
This mode is supposed to be used by some latency critical cases, e.g. audio input.
It could be used by other peripherals too, but guess what? Nobody is going to write a mouse driver from scratch, so everybody use $100 rgb faggot mice with the same polling as a $5 chink mouse.
Makes you wonder wtf costs 100$ on a mouse, in the end.

USB 3.0 supports interrupts

Begone, Sup Forumstard

user i...
>The default USB polling rate is 125 Hz, which means the mouse cursor can only be updated every 8 milliseconds
>1/125s delay
Which isn't a lot. Its reasonable. Even if going up to 250 is nice, and going up to 500 is also really nice. Or 1000hz if the mouse supports it.