/sqt/
Stupid questions thread
Use a search engine before posting
Sometimes stupid questions get stupid answers

Other urls found in this thread:

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-wi-fi-router/
official-plus.com/ogyoutube
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It says wireless speed ratings here. I know next to nothing about routers other than how to set them up though.

what's this app user

Google

Yeah, it's talking about no. of antennas. It's not necessarily the first thing I would consider

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-wi-fi-router/

If you're really concerned about having high throughput for local transfers, you can get a router and devices that support wireless AC

I built a new computer and I've been trying to use my NES30 on it. My computer recognizes the NES30, but when I try connecting with Bluetooth, it either won't connect or it will connect, but for several minutes until it disconnects. This doesn't seem to happen when I do this on my SP4, so is this a problem with my computer's Bluetooth?

I need a new laptop.
I also need to establish revolving credit.

If I have the funds to completely pay it off right now, how stupid of an idea is it to get a lone to buy a new laptop, with the sole purpose of using it to establish revolving credit?

>lone
loan
wew I'm smrt

Today my computer refused to progress past welcome screen and not even startup repair could fix it. I don't have any system backups either. Is there any way to save this or should I just do a reinstall?

bought a cheap class 10 micro sd on newegg without reading the reviews (there's only 2, but they're both saying it slowed down their devices and corrupted the files)

did i fuck up?

It's a pain and wont help you much. Got talk to a credit union about ways to specifically build credit. It's possible to make a small amount of money out of the process, rather than losing money.

>did i fuck up?
Why dont you read those reviews one more time and decide for your self?

why don't you suck my dick and decide for yourself if you wanna move in and do it full time?

I have both of these routers. I'm just trying to figure out which one is the best to turn into a repeater.

Is Bitcoin anonymous? Is it what I use to buy drugs online?

Neither. Repeaters are an awful solution, especially if you're not using the newer equipment specifically built for that purpose. The best bet is running an Ethernet cable between the routers. The second best is powerline.

Bitcoin is digital. And it's not managed by banks. It is public though. Every transaction is stored forever, in an open record. Unironically go to reddit for more info.

Which subreddit? There's like a million.

>Can't google a reddit
>Wants to use a DNM
wew lad.

The owners of bitcoins are anonymous unless you post your wallet ID on your facebook or something. But the transactions are written in stone.

What would happen here?

whats an acceptable gpu (gtx 1060 6gb) temperature for browsing the internet (6+ tabs, multiple tabs with videos)?

because im getting 40-50 degrees on speccy

Whats the least bad version of windows? 7 or 10?

Windows 2000

Given that I tunnel my traffic through an SSH server, can network admins on the source side of the tunnel see anything requests I send out? They shouldn't, in theory, right? It's just anonymous data sent over a connection to so-and-so IP/port?

DNS requests are also proxied.

i currently have an i5 3750k. Would it be worth it to upgrade to ryzen 1600x? Or should i upgrade to the news i5?

No

you could copy all the files to your house

How to make bashhistory ignore certain aliases? Throwing them in my HISTIGNORE doesn't work like it does for regular commands.

no to both?

7(You'll get people who sell you on 8.1 though) Also it's a bit hard to set up cause microsoft makes it hard.

ugh, you just gave me a windows 7 updates flashback

put a sanitiser script in your $PS1 / $PROMPT_COMMAND

I plugged my iPhone into my Windows laptop but I can't access anything on my iPhone even when I tell my iPhone to "Trust" the computer. Why

Need itunes

You're joking, right? I can't just plug the phone in and drag and drop files from my iPhone to my PC?

You can't even do that with itunes. If you want to interact with you phone and do what apple permits you to do, you need itunes.
This involves moving over music or syncing apps and backups.

ok, these phones are actually shit.

"""Ease of use"""
"""It just works"""

What device is this psu meant for, some satellite tuner?

samsung snw-4012vka
12V 3.34A

Googling the model name was to no avail.

My q10 has bluetooth so I rarely plug it into my laptop these days. But I agree it's a step backwards to remove features and call it innovation.
A decade later I still feel this way.

Cross posting this from fglt: Okay, So I'm trying to get Xubuntu onto my old Aspire 5517 AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-42 / 1.6 GHz 2GB RAM, 80 HDD. I've got it one a usb drive, but whenever I get to the boot menu it restarts whenever I choose any option. Note that it can run Windows 10 (poorly, but still).

Any idea of what's going wrong?

How can i repair the playlist of VLC?

official-plus.com/ogyoutube

Is this shit botnet? Am is some paki gonna get my info if I use this. Im pretty sure the development stopped on ogyoutube v3.5 this legit?

I need a computer immediately, then I plan on throwing a rx vega 56 into it, and then using that until I buy all the rest of the parts for a quality supreme creme build and transfer the rx vega 56 into it and then repurpose the other computer.

Can I get a pre-built desktop that will be able to handle the vega for around $300-400, max out the ram and be good, or should I instead use that $300-400 to buy the individual parts to build my own?

I need a cheap and reliable printer that can print duplex in black and white. Would be good if the ink is cheap as well

How does hooktube circumvent youtube's region block? Do they just send my request though a proxy in the region and send back the actual video address?

open the playlist and CTRL+H?

That's assuming you have the paths incorrect since you probably switched drives

open the playlist in a text editor*

why isn't there a "free"/ripoff of Spotify/Tidal? or even a cheaper version with high quality streaming

could you set up a NAS and stream flac music from that?

Ok, so I had to verify my windows 10 os last year with the serial but, I never had to use the disc, could I use the disc on a new system without any problems?

I recently used youtube-dl to download a video, but my computer has been acting strangely since.

So for context I used youtube-dl to download an entire playlist. But I downloaded the first video manually, then ran the playlist download command, but I wasn't able to move the manually downloaded video out of the destination folder (common problem, I find), so I just ran the playlist command anyway despite the obvious duplicate filename there, which it would skip.

So I did this, but the file youtube-dl "skipped" is 406MB while the second smallest in the playlist is probably 133MB, I can't windows explorer change sort order by now to check. But anyway, I downloaded the specific video I couldn't move again to the destination foler it already was a few times to observe a filesize change, which I think I did, but now thumbnails aren't loading, the file path of Windows explorer doesn't load on the left, an I'm just wondering if youtube-dl can't handle duplicate files or something. Pic related is what my explorer looks right now, which I could only navigate to from a "favorites" shortcut I had since "Computer" doesn't load anything. Idk how to troubleshoot this besides turning my PC off and on and hoping it goes away and never doing this again. I've learned nothing...

i have a hard drive connected via usb and i can't access the user folder, it says i need admin permissions, but when i click ok it just loads indefinitely .
How do i access this?

i can probably just boot from the hard drive but the thing is slow as fuck

so i'm trying to install youtube-dl, but when i open the window it just closes
what's the deal?
my microsoft visual version is newer than the one linked on the site (2010), is that the issue?

It's command line based you baka
I have no idea what happened to you, but it works on my machine. Duplicate files are implicitly skipped with the default resume download flag if complete with the same name, will resume if not.

How do I multiply a value that is gotten via "&variable" in C?

What is a good microphone I can add to an existing pair of headphones? I have a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 15's
I remember there was a picture going around of getting a $3 Mic and a piece of Velcro to add on headphones but I can't find it.

[hacker voice]
>i'm in

Your flash drive draws whatever current it needs. Nothing happens

I'm trying to learn solidity (yes I know gb2/biz/) and am wondering if it's better for me to run my own private instance of ethereum or to connect to Ethereum testnet when testing smart contracts? End goal is to publish a real smart contract on Ethereum mainnet.

so i just bought a brand new prebuilt pc and a new monitor but i tried plugging in the d-sub cable to the pc and im not seeing anything appear on the screen. what did i do wrong? i dont know much about computers :/

Can someone explain how to use the best emulator for pc88 or at least the pc88 that does imitation city if that matters.

I have been able to use an emulator a few times for games but then my keyboard does nothing

Make sure there's not more than one place to plug in the monitor. Try both of them.

there is only one outlet for both the pc and the monitor for a d sub cable. when i plug it in, the screen turns black and it says "no signal" but when i unplug it, it says to plug in into something

am I retarded or did I used to be able to casual clone whatever git repos I wanted without logging in

I can do it fine, no log in, from github.

It works fine on two of my computers but on a relatively fresh debian install it demands a password.

oh I figured it out

git clone repo directory demands a login but doing git clone repo from that directory does not

what's a better alternative to VLC

that just removes the controls

Built a new computer
Everything works fine except the fans. The cords are three-pin female connectors, but all the spots for the system fans on the mobo are four-pin male

Are there adapters to fix this, or do I have to get new fans?

i'm in a room that's far away from the router, and while i sometimes have a good connection, it's often shit. will a plug-in-the-wall wifi extender help? what about a WAP?

[ ] yes
[ ] no
[ ] not enough information

mpv, it's easier to stream

Is this due to a dying Graphics Card? I've seen many dying cards before, but never one with such evenly spaced lines. Also seems that each line is exactly one ASCII character wide.

check
the
connector

Done that. Card is old and only has VGA out, tried different cables and a different screen too.

apparently my connection goes through a CloudFare data center in Madrid
what do cloudfare servers do

I recently discovered I have Trojans on my PC. It's pirated games I have. I heard I can run them in a sandbox. How do I run games in a sandbox?

I also have COMODO Firewall which I think blocks intruders. I really don't know what it does.

A Trojan sends info about me to hackers ? How dangerous it is?

I didn't have any av installed. my win 10 said I had Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner. It's says it's quarantined. Isn't that the famous bitcoin miner ? I don't really know from where I took that virus(the source).

Do the choices we make in life even actually matter? Sometimes I feel like nothing will change no matter what I do, the end result will always be the same no matter what.

You can plug 3-pins into 4-pins. You will not be able to control them though, they will work at max rpm.
You sure that your pc is turning on and there is something for monitor to show?

Pirating things is morally wrong. Support the creators you leech

thanks

follow up question, can i paste code into command line that i copied from elsewhere?

nevermind, found out you can rightclick

Did you know you can push Win+Number to focus whatever item is in that taskbar position? And if you have pinned an item there it will launch it if it's not already open? It's super convenient!

> the end result will always be the same no matter what
In the long term this is correct, but now and here your choices matter for you and those around you.

fuck dudes
how to download youtube mp3s using youtubedl?

I feel like they don't though besides very superficially. It's like one of those telltale games where people will change their immediate responses depending on what you do but for the most part the story doesn't actually change at all regardless of what you decided to do. Sometimes it seems like real life is the same way, you know? People might change their responses to me for the next few minutes depending on what I say or do but then things go right back onto whatever track they were already headed down, and nobody brings it up ever again besides maybe on one or two unimportant throwback conversations later on.

> follow up question, can i paste code into command line that i copied from elsewhere?
Not if you dont know what your doing at all. You can end up launching "rm -Rf /" in disguise.
Neat.

lol what you mean
you can just right click and paste, i just did it
but now i have another problem
how do i download a youtube video as an mp3 file?

youtube-dl --extract-audio --audio-format mp3 --audio-quality 0 [url]

fuck
need ffprobe or avprobe
also
>--audio-quality 0
nice try fuckstick

Might be noteworthy to mention that the lines do not appear when in the BIOS, only boot screen and Windows.

>[
--audio-quality QUALITY Specify ffmpeg/avconv audio quality, insert
a value between 0 (better) and 9 (worse)
for VBR or a specific bitrate like 128K
(default 5)]

Well, if you lets say grab an axe and will go murdering people left and rigth things will definetely change. People you will kill or injure will have a different responce to you for one thing and you will probably be arrested or shot by police real soon for another. Maybe your answers/responces to the situations where you do have a choice not impactfull enough? Maybe you just going with the flow just because its easier to?

But who's to say that I wouldn't have been arrested or shot anyway? The reason might change but the result doesn't.

Not him but yeah, I think I got them from the same place as youtube-dl, putting them in the same place as youtube-dl with default filenames lets the command run.

Could someone please recommend a good 1440p/144hz/g-sync/1ms/IPS monitor that has no backlight bleed issues?

Also, what are these on my taskbar and how do I get rid of them?

I have already told you - in the long term nothing matters - in a 100 years or in a 1000 years noone will even remember about the fact you existed - so its pretty much dont matter what you do. You can do whatever you like or nothing at all - thats the freedom of choice at its finest.

yeah but it's CURRENT YEAR
checkmate nihilist

Cloudflare ostensibly exists to serve cached versions of your page should your actual page go down but they probably just farm data about people's browsing habits.

Pirate sandboxy

Fuck is this for