/gdg/ - Game Development General

What are you working in?

Other urls found in this thread:

purl.stanford.edu/tf565pz4260
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wonder why these threads are dumped into /vg/ or Sup Forums. Creating software is technology.

Trips of incredulous posting.
>I wonder why these threads are dumped...
Because consumer Sup Forumsoods is full of consumers, not creators.

Sup Forums is full of tards comparing ryzen to intel and bragging about their arch distro

it wasn't always this way

really? is this the power of modern Sup Forums?

Yeah, this place is a dump filled with faggots wearing long socks in their battlestation pictures and nerds arguing about CPU's for gayming.

OP is a few years too late for a productive thread like this. The mods are faggots too.

man, I knew the chink shit threads where a red flag but I never thought it was this bad.

Unfortunately, yes.
Sup Forums has its moments: the /dpt/ before the language partisans show up, and /sqt/ since we all started out as idiots.

>DX12 and Vulkan

My fingers hurt. I can't remember all these structs and functions. I want to go home.

>attempting to make a game with C++ and SFML
How badly did I fuck up?

You can use Godot user.

emscripten computing pipeline using ipfs in browser for batching job queues.

Are you seriously
if ()
{

}

in fucking javascript? reeeeeeeee

sure, why not

>writes with reddit spaces
>been here a couple of months probably
>doesn't know that Sup Forums was always like this
Sup Forums is 90% people who don't know shit and fall for trolls
and 10% of wizards who know a lot of shit
from those 10% around 2% actually help people
t. average wizard poster

what should a beginner programmer do to get skills needed for game dev??
im currently taking launch school's course but i dont intend to make a career out of rails and web dev.

Re-implement some known simple games using your favorite language and game engine. After that, experiment with many different game engines. After that, try to build your own game engine if you want.

Is this from an anime?

C++ and SFML was what I used for my biggest project so far (which to be fair was only a bit over 10kloc in the end). I liked the tools but the project was left unfinished. Later made some jam games using those tools. I have since moved to other languages and libraries, but you should at least give it a go.

>Writes like a retard
>Expects anyone to read his drivel

Reddit spacing is THE worst meme. Separating text into paragraphs, or at least partitions, each of which revolves around a single but complete idea is the least you could do as a courtesy to your fellow anons.

you sound like a faggot

fucking android game in monogame

plagued by
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]
when deploying

the fuck is that shit, tried cleaning the build already

>text-based adventure in java

Fucking Sup Forums leaking again huh? Go back to your homossexualism containment board.

@63006139
If you can't come up with better banter you shouldn't have even bothered posting.

whats the best game engine for a simple platformer game?
I want to have a prototype in a day max
I need something fast

I went through unity tutorial that long
without making assets ofc

yo tard, there are few differences between making games and playing them

Yeah, you must be a special kind of faggot to waste your time making something useless which the only objective is to please human failures.

please write a paper on this, I need to please my sides

Says the guy who posts in /mkg/ very frequently and almost exclusively. Get the fuck outta here.

Here is the great irony of the whole reddit-spacing thing. It's actually Sup Forums spacing. It predates reddit and was used on Sup Forums first. You guys are literally too young to actually know this and the userbase has grown quite rapidly during your time, enough to drown out old memes. Your generation is not actually conscious. You are entirely unaware of the real history because you were not there for it, so you look to Reddit, which actually inherited it from Sup Forums, and you confuse where it came from with where you are seeing it now.

It would be like going to America, eating spaghetti, going to Italy, eating spaghetti, and then saying "lul American cuisine". You are all confused children and just do not really know what you are talking about or even understand where things come from.

But the spacing itself was born from Sup Forums, largely because of how poorly walls of text display and because it was easier to read that way. If you doubt this, just take a look at the Stanford Sup Forums archives from 2008. purl.stanford.edu/tf565pz4260

While yes, Reddit existed in 2006, but no one from that time period would have used it. Meanwhile, Sup Forums had existed for several years at that point and the spacing convention had already been adopted. You guys were just not there, I was. I can prove this if I go through that archive, find my old tripcode, and show that spacing convention in use even then.

[ x ] Told
[ ] Not told

But there actually is a thing like Reddit spacing. It is when people put an empty line between a quote and a paragraph.

>like

this

Im starting to feel confident about my coding abilities. Creating small games from scratch using javascript is so much fun. Having a game idea, and then seeing it realized into an actual product by your own effort is such a rewarding experience.

I dont know... This post really has no point. I just feel happy about myself.

please prove it because I think you're a lying piece of shit desu
your spacings are gay as fuck btw

go back to buy chink shit and wear woman's panties in programming threads.

proper spacing and clarity of reading is a meme in modern Sup Forums.

It's just sublime text, version 3 I think