Just found a print screen about 18 years old

just found a print screen about 18 years old

I was fucking rad with my Netscape, mirc, winamp and getright

so, this is a vintage cap thread

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ybjamc.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This. Its a damn shame we don't have this any longer. It was so simple yet the layout worked perfectly. It was fucking perfect. If only we could combine this with the stability of windows 10.

How the fuck do you keep screenshots for that long?

18 year old computers usually don’t even have working harddrives... have you been migrating these screen caps across dozens of harddrives during that time?

facile and homosexual

~ S H O C K W A V E ~

Is that icq on your tray?

this nostalgia

>Windows 10
>Stability

MY EYES
>Paola is nice though

win 98 was the perfect whore of an os, you could tweek every little inch of that shit

god DAMN, that screenshot makes me miss the old days of WinAmp.

I'm pretty sure this was Win2k at the time. 98 was an unstable POS compared to NT from my experience.

>18 year old computers usually don’t even have working harddrives...

As long as their stored in a non hostile environment you can find 30 year old harddrives still working

But yeah alot of them tend to leak

Got a couple of old af shit. This thread is making me want to turn them on. Nice fucking thread for once in this shithole of a pajeet central

If you pine for the past you're a failure in the present.

I like friday night Sup Forums. It's full of loser nostalgia.

I yearn for the future!

well, kids are probably out being normies

don't you kids have better stuff to do than shit on us oldfags, like snapchat or whatever faggot shit you kids do these days

damn it now i'm gonna get off work and go digging through my old as fuck files. i've got shit i saved back in 1996.

>clean design
>immediately clear what's clickable or not
>fonts look great on low-dpi display
>incredibly responsive

Why has computing regressed so far? Dual-core with 4GB ram to quad-core with 8GB ram to octa-core with 16GB ram, yet everything today feels slower than my old 486. Why is this?

Does anyone else remember when mIRC was a power outlet icon or was that something else?

ITT: censored screencaps from retards

I have files dating back to 97 on my harddrive that have just been migrated from disk to disk over the years (I lost everything pre-97 to a crash unfortunately)

haha yeah dude let me post personal email addresses so anons can go bother them

Found it

Win98 was utter shit. I litterally made clean install every month. And it was offline computer. You clearly know win98 only from vaporwave nostalgia pics.
Win2000 was first decent system

Win2k sucked. I still had to dual boot win98 to play most games.

>yet everything today feels slower than my old 486
No it doesn't, you're being blinded by nostalgia. Win95 would even choke on a fucking Pentium 133 at times.

>incredibly responsive
confirmed for underageb& who has never actually used it outside of a VM running under modern hardware, there was nothing responsive about 9x unless you bankrupted yourself buying the latest pentium (which would itself become obsolete within a year)

>Win98 was utter shit. I litterally made clean install every month
Did as well. What the fuck was wrong with that, srs question. Fucking loved formatting the shit out of it and getting a clean start over

Megabytes and megabytes of JavaScript.

Blue board, retardo.

>NT sucks because it doesn't run my poorly written insecure DOS software

Windows 9x was an abomination which managed to hold back software advances in the consumer market for about a decade

The internet today is far faster than it was at the time, cease posting this stale meme immediately.

>all those awfully heavy PNGs
>dial up era
The webmaster of this site had no soul.

Haha, forgot about that...

this is how I remember it

you'd be jerking off for 3 minutes before the pussy ever loaded

I never had any such troubles.

Large sites have always been abysmally bad at resource management, which is why the complaining about JS bloat today in nostalgia threads is dumb. In the past it was just flashy hi-res images and flashing banners that bloated pages instead. Generally speaking, the internet in 2017 on even a basic broadband connection is orders of magnitude faster than the internet in 1997 on a typical connection of the time. The problems with the web today are almost entirely social, not technological.

Bullshit, I had win95 on a fucking Cyrix 486DX2 for 4meg Ram. Ran just fine.

shut your whore mouth. only someone who didn't use win me would say such sacrilegious blasphemy

I don't think anyone in the US is going to still have working sub 1GHz Windows computers they used 18 years ago because we aren't dirt poor BR's.

different guy here, it was unstable but it was a lot better on that front than Windows 95, and it wasn't as much of a crap shoot as Windows ME
Win 98 is the best DOS-based Windows, fucking fight me

>Win 98
Win98 SE

486DX4-120, 16MB RAM, 95 OSR2
Can't make the webm small enough to fit in the size limit because of how long it took. The 486 was not very good at all for Win32
my.mixtape.moe/ybjamc.webm

>best DOS-based Windows
Not a very high bar to set

if we're posting old icons, how about some retro in your retro? this was the first emulator I had, and the only one that would work on every computer I tried it on

>"HURR IT'S A MEME!!!!1!!!! XDDDDD"
No it ain't. Not only that, but there are also a lot of ad trackers and web analytics nowadays.

Most of them are .gif files, not .png files.

I have several. But being in IT, I just inherit junk all the time.

I had a custom rack mount server with dual 10 platter SCSI hard drives and an Intel Pentium 1 PRO CPU. However, the motherboard had a soldered on CMOS battery that ruined a bunch of important traces. Wouldn't even POST anymore.

Parted it out. Had lots of SRAM and the hard drives were useful for other projects.

>Not only that, but there are also a lot of ad trackers and web analytics nowadays.
don't care, the argument being made was in relation to speed and it is an objective fact that the internet is faster today than it was 20 years ago.

also taking some key words from the post and reddit arrowing them in all caps with a few exclamation points and 'XD's thrown in doesn't constitute an argument

well obviously, do I even need to say it?
well if you want the highest compatibility with software made for DOS (which includes not just games but obscure office programs and some weird stuff), you need something with real DOS
admittedly the DOS in Win 98, and to a lesser extent Win 95, was not as real as bare DOS, but it's closer than anything we have today except maybe recent versions of DOSBox

I never had much problems running office software using NTVDM, it only really choked on video games and some utilities that just couldn't function properly outside of a real real mode environment.

BTFO

More stupid shit.

Ok you know what's wrong with you all? You fuckers have tiny dicks and are fighting over stupid shit. This was supposed to be a comfy thread but you insecure unfit fat fucks, chinks and pajeets with your lack of personality turn everything into a sperg fight. And that's why everyone hates you. God damn. I'm new to this board and I saw what it was supposed to be a comfy thread but no, you can't be nice.

Web pages were usually less than 500KB back in the day and now we have pages that are up to 10MB.

Also:
>Implying arrows are exclusive to Reddit.

>16gb
>anime shit and hooker pensis
nice vm

>collecting old machines is a bad thing
Tripfags are fucking retarded.
gys

vm? Check the filename date m8.

Nice youtube snag you dork.

My Quadra 950 and I would disagree

collecting x86 machines is fucking retarded.

mfw captcha PIONEER Windows

>ign64

Now that takes me back

Nesticle. Who remembers that? Good bread :)

i have ALWAYS had my data mirrored...
instead of a terrabyte i would always buy a desktop 500gb and portable 500gb et

redundancy and portability were my main concerns over raw storage.. i have every picture document and music file from 97 -> now , although mirroring my 2tb + of 24bit flac is getting a bit much

easy to obtain when you just delete tv shows and movies after watching, that shit is expendable, the amount of times i have seen people loose wedding photos but have a few drives full of terrible avi dvd rips just does it for me everytime

That's cool and all, I'll let you finish, but I think what we really should be talking about right now is how you should ditch the botnet spyware malware virus known as M$ Windows and install Linux. Personally I recommend Gentoo for newcomers.

>Stability of Windows 10

best background tile

triggered feels, my dads work laptop from 96 i used had that background

winamp literally took an hour to rip a cd to mp3, shit was hilarious

This. Sup Forums should take notes

ahh, that loading bar at the bottom left

Too many oldfags having a rose-tinted jerk and not enough pictures. Sad!

Anyone remember playing Mist?

many such cases!

too hard

>>>/oboard/

Post the uncensored picture you pussy.

It really kicks the llamas ass.

Rocking win10 for over a year now and it's literally never crashed, 6 to 10 hours a day every day, Photoshop, gaming, shitpost get and watching movies, and a little bit of vr and SketchUp.
Maybe your pc is a piece of shit or you pirated?

the nipples are still loading

this

post on /s/ and share link

This

seconded, i manage a hotel and our windows 10 computers are literally on 24/7 for over a year and even with a really stupid front desk staff shopping for makeup all fucking day Windows 10 never crashes or fucks up.

I have to agree. Win10 is a piece of trash but it is definitely a stable piece of trash.

>6 to 10 hours
Nice nu-Sup Forums
Literally none of my desktops are ever off, they are only rebooted for kernel security updates ever few months

And they still loaded slower, you fucking retard. This makes at least 2 people now who are calling out your underaged, "born in the wrong generation" retarded self out for being an imbecile. Stop posting.

was meditative
never had the patience to get through it

stable?
it needs constant updates/reboots
it slows down as the file system fragments
it still has the registry so it's wide open to any virus/trojan

only idiots use windows

>no Linux screens
Linux probably didn't have the function to take a screenshot back then xD

tell me more about the year of the loonix desktop

>he's not autistic enough to waste power on an idle system so he's nu-g

Sup Forums is a safe space for autism