Just got my first android phone in years

>Just got my first android phone in years
>Expected it to be better than WP8 and iOS
>No file explorer
>Look for one to install
>All top ones cost $5, have ads, or are buggy as fuck
>Check Sup Forums wiki
>Listed ones are either outdated or require root
what the fuck. Both WP and apple have file explorers included, how can android require you to pay for one, or look at adds for such a basic function?

whats the Sup Forums approved one? or will I have to root my phone just to be able to look at my files?

Since when does apple have non-jailbreak file explorers?

Total Commander is free.

What the fuck are you talking about, every phone comes with a shitty "files" app which is still better than apple, if you want a file browser thats good theres plenty on fdroid that don't need root, not to mention the play store has plenty that are fine too.

How old is your goddamn android phone that it didn't come with a file manager

Anyway, I use mixplorer over on xda

>Replying seriously to iTards

Have you learned nothing here?

You either bought some ancient shit (2005 or older) or are an applel fag making things up
>Every fucking android phone have a files program preinstalled
>Literally no file manager needs root, root is only asked if you have it and try to do dumb shit like deleting a file in /system
>and you cant even see folders that require root without enabling an option in the file manager
>Nearly every good file manager is free like amaze, totalcommander etc

I have no idea where this meme has spread from; probably ”muh Applel haterzz” who never touched an Apple.

Since the newest iOS update (11) a Files spp is now included but it just lets you see your iCloud files and maybe downloads from Safari.

Pic related

I may be remembering incorrectly about the iPhone then. still, my WP had one.

Holy fucking shit, I just found it. Its called 'Downloads' and you can only access your SD card and a 'Downloads' folder with it. Not realy what im looking for though.

all the ones ive tried so far on the play store are shit.

Got it this week, made in 2017. ironically my 5 year old android tablet has a complete file explorer on it.

ill check it out

It's bait, guys... and the shittiest bait I've ever seen. Saging this shitty thread.

SPURDO SPARDE :DDDDD

isnt that just cloud

What the fuck op
Total Commander is free and it's the best one out there
No ads
And you only need root to access root files

Im trying amaze and total commander now, both are infinitely better than the other file managers i tried so far. thanks.

No, it's not "downloads". What shitty phone do you have?

0/10 bait

Your such a fucking lair. Troll defines you.

How is this so hard for you guys to understand that there exists a phone that doesnt come with a file management app installed? Ive gone into every single app on it 3 times now thinking im missing something, and there just inst one other than downloads.

Troll

Then tell us what phone it is and what version of android.

ok, I got what I came for anyway ()

nokia 5, android 7.1.1

Yeah trolling like a moron. Which you did.

>nokia 5
It's shit, basic file manager is hidden. Need to go to setting>storage to access that shit.
Better use 3rd party file manager.

Use zarchiver

Use the one in the pic related you faggot noob. It's the best one out there. You can't even put a effort to search a little.

This one.

>no file explorer
what phone did you buy?

Stupid fuck. Hey you MixPlorer and end this shit!

Go into Settings > Storage > Files.

No need to thank me.

Retarded AF! Go to Settings > Storage > Explore!

use total commander, there are two tabs, swipe right or left to switch between them.
you can get addons for ftp, samba, and a dozen other things. The only thing youd need root of is accessing protected directories, which you dont need to do.

what the hell, why would you hide it in settings?

Amaze is a good file explorer, dunno if its on play store but its on fdroid

Catering to the retarded iphone crowd

Asus file exlorer

>nokia

stop complaining when you buy a shitty phone, dumbass

>retarded non stock people in the thread
Stock Android doesn't come with a file explorer. I recommend solid explorer in any case.

Posted from my Nexus 6p :^)

Why is File Manager + the best lightweight root explorer. BUT it doesn't let you uninstall system apps even though it lets you navigate to system folders and delete system files manually?

Built in file manager.
Stop lying.