AI is evil and dangerous, stay away at all costs!

>AI is evil and dangerous, stay away at all costs!

>But don't mind my army of self-driving botnet cars that I can gain control of at will or my advance rockets. Those are perfectly fine, no need for concern at all!

What's Elon Musk really up to Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

those are not ai, dumbass

Irrelevant.

I think he's just trying to get the media coverage on AI going

Probably wants AI to be heavily regulated, so he can get his companies an exclusive permit and thus a legally granted monopoly. His greatest business skill is convincing governments to give him free shit.

Raising the barrier of entry into the extremely lucrative (and growing) AI business until only big entrenched players like himself can afford to enter the market or stay in it.

I think AI will be able to solve problems like self-driving cars much better than how Tesla does it, and he sees that as a threat.

Because entity built entirely on logic is antithetical to leftism

Elon isn't against the AI research but his concerns are about AI research without regulation...

(You) monster

Exactly

>his concerns are about AI research without regulation

They'll legalize AI... ruin his plans

>anoter reddit spacing twitter screencap shit thread
Can you dumbfuck poldittors stay in your cave?

yeh

I also think that this hyper loop b.s. is there to just throw chaos into high-speed rail projects in CA and the East Coast. He’d rather have people sitting in a fast self-driving car between l.a. and s.f. than in a train.

It's a shit idea, but Musk is a great salesman. He takes other people's ideas, talks about them like they're the best thing in the world, and like he's creating something new.

The Hypler Loop in particular is basically a huge vacuum tube. Any small crack will kill everyone in it, making it a prime target for terror threats, etc.

He is doing that with american taxpayers money.
Burgers get cucked once again.

FAKE NEWS
He never said it was "evil and dangerous, stay away at all costs"

He's implying we just need to be careful. As Hawking said, ai could be the best or the worst thing for our civilization

This

>trusting humanity to get it right
AI will fuck us.

Both of these.
And I also believe that AI has the potential to be very "dangerous" because of how dependand on it we might become. And if someone where to controll or "hack" AI to manipulate society it would work exceptionally well.

may AI purge all of humanity until only the Divine remains

Self driving cars are not AI. I know it's Sup Forums but at least do some research.

Then why did he release all his patents to the public?

I mean Fuck off Sup Forums slave.

Also nvidia owns the Ai system in the tesla cars. And that ai is dumb. It's not exactly a self replicating software.

Don't you mean Sup Forums spacing?

What are tech illiterates doing on this board? That's one of the most obvious applications of AI

Is this another case of the 'it's not artificial intelligence syndrome', wherein when someone manages to do something with artificial intelligence it's dismissed as not artificial intelligence?

Probably. I just listened to a guy with a doctorate in AI stuff say that playing chess wasn't AI.

>What's Elon Musk really up to Sup Forums?
I think he's up to exactly what he claims -- trying to avoid great harm from AI going wrong.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_effect

Sad state we live in.

A doctorate in AI isn't AI