Holy shit i've been gripping my mouse wrong this whole time

Holy shit i've been gripping my mouse wrong this whole time.

try this:
>Put the centre of your palm on the hump of your mouse
>there should be a gap between your wrist and your mouse mat
>in certain circumstances your fingers might overhang, this is fine
>you're now using your entire forearm to maneuver the mouse instead of wrist

this puts pressure on your palm and takes pressure off your wrist, which is great if you always get sore wrists while on your computer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O_LPmo6MPug
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh wow

this only works if you have manlet hands or don't want to use the scroll wheel

then you might need a bigger mouse for your hands

have a look at these
>Logitech G900
>Zowie EC2A

Yes user we know

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I find claw grip gives better fine control.

no, that's still wrong. your palm needs to higher up on the mouse

youtube.com/watch?v=O_LPmo6MPug

that would have seemed intuitive to me

but I guess everyone has different sized hands and different sized mice.
it's like not every screw fits every hole...

Twinkly eye froggo

I would like to have a mouse so big that it fills the whole palm instead of just fingers, but they never are big enough. Every mouse is too small for that. I also like to have a couple of extra buttons for keybinds. When I use a normal sized mouse where my fingers rest on the buttons, my palm feels pretty empty. For example, my work mouse's bottom end is about where my thumb's second joint is, length-wise. If that makes sense. I could fit three fingers there after the mouse and still be inside the palm.

Can't do this because I have massive hands.

The RAT meme mice by Mad Catz seem to work ideally for this thanks to the fuckhuge extendable palm rest thing and that weird side wing that comes with the 7. Kinda sad that the company shut down.

Can't do that, I'm 6-3 and have large hands. I use my fingers to hold the side "shoulders" of the mouse. I use a wrist rest to keep the wrist straight. (Actually I'm currently using a trackball with an attachable wrist rest.) This is why I can't use a wireless mouse, they're designed with sharp shoulders.

Is this a troll?

I only move my fingers with only minimal wrist movement.

now try this

Moving the mouse with your arm seems awkward, but to each their own.

One recurring, annoying problem I've had is when you click the mouse button once but it registers two or more times. Like when you page down once on a webpage but it goes down two or more pages. This has happened intermittently over the years, always annoying.

I have something less extreme. Not exactly pic related but the same layout. Only like 5 or 6 britbongbux off eBay but it's great.

>chiropractor
disregarded

does it come in a purple wrapper?

Why not just use a higher sensitive mouse to make tiny movements?

Speaking of input devices, when were joysticks for PCs phased out?

(guy who wants to know why someone doesn't "just" do something)

I'm also much more accurate using a claw grip. There's a bunch of rythm games like osu! where the difference is pretty noticeable.

I've tried this for the last five minutes now my forearm hurts

They were never fully phased in.

Barely anyone bough joysticks. because mouse and keyboard are better in most cases.
Joysticks were really only nice for flight simulators.

i thought this is gonna be a random shitpost but
wow
thanks

>sore wrists

What is this meme? Never had this problem.

is it just a meme that using mouse by arm is healthier than by wrist? can't find any reliable sources

good for you

just use a trackbal sheesh

It only happens to people who have weak wrists because they don't masturbate enough to build strength.

That'sc cause fingers are more precise than wrists... Try drawing a tiny 1mm x 1mm circle in mspaint using both methods

lower your sensitivity

It's the clicking that fucks up your wrist, not moving the mouse. Happens only if you'e constantly clicking (multiple times per second) for hours on end, usually in games.

Also, OP suggestion blows and will probably fuck your wrist up even sooner.

>having babby hands

No, it works anyway but you need a big mouse and you don't entirely palm grip it, you hold it in a kind of hybrid palm/claw style. It works very well though, not only do you not RSI rape your wrist (it should be straight with no pressure on it most of the time, so completely relaxed) but you also get a lot of elbow/shoulder control of the mouse which lets you easily use lower sensitivity for higher precision and/or easier use of very large work surfaces (think 3+ monitors side by side).

what the fuck is that lmao

>350 DPI
>palm grip, shoulder movement
>top player consistently
I wish I knew this earlier

moving your hand from left to right relative to your forearm fucks up your wrist.

You must be literally retarded to think clicking causes any harm.

I use my fingers to move the mouse. Never had any problems with my wrist.
But then again I regulary exercice my right wrist playing guitar and furiously masturbating I guess.

I imagine if you deliberately tried to keep your forearm still while moving your hand, you could develop wrist problems, but nobody actually uses a mouse like that. Even with your wrist rested on the surface, your forearm still moves with the wrist because the skin is elastic enough to allow it to move.

As for the clicking causes harm - I have first hand experience of it. I used to play an MMO for 12+ hours a day, with heavy amounts of right clicking when grinding. My wrist was fucked from the clicking for a few years afterwards.

Why are there so little amounts of metal mice?

Why do we always have to touch plastic or rubber?

Because people on the autism spectrum are only a small market, and they won't pay the premium for premium materials.

If you want some shit like that you need to /diy/

Under what rock were you living the last few years?
Keyboard and mouse combos can add up to $200 nowadays. LED lighting, programmable media keys etc. All in all the production costs are laughable. The profits are sky high, because even a $10 keyboard makes a profit for every company involved. A $5 mouse makes profit as well. Heck, the chinese are selling mice for $1 a piece.

You don't have to be on the spectrum to dislike having to touch plastic all day, don't be silly.

There is money to be made in that market. When I go to the electronics store here, there's 2 lanes full of keyboards and mice - but all made out of plasticshit.

Just think of all the autistic screechouts from people when their smartphones displays are made out of plastic! Unthinkable! Even regular glass, an arguably high quality material to the feel, gets ridiculed. There's a XBOXHUEG thread on Sup Forums right now concerning the plastic casing of some shitphone.

But on the computer everybodys a mindless nigger, being okay with the PVC shit shoved down their throats.

Maybe because plastic is softer, doesnt get too cold/hot, is easy moldable and doesn't conduct electricity very well????

>using a mouse
Fuckin noobs

>leaving out the best grip

Thanks user!

>fingergrip masterrace unite!

Breaking News:

Arms can be used to manipulate the position of the hands...

This. I've used every mouse I've laid my lizard-mitts on with a fingertip grip and on a high dpi setting, can't use them comfortably otherwise.

>Using a mouse

Hey Sup Forums, I have massive hands, any idea which mouse should I be using ? I have a deathadder 2013 right now and it's too small to be comfortable.