/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Coffee Lake has been released! Benchmarks / Reviews
techpowerup.com/reviews/

====

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example builds; click on the title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
[YouTube] how to build a pc. (embed)
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed)

If you want help:
>State the budget & currency for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>i3 8100 - Better budget CPU; extra cost of the currently available Z mobos lessens the value of the CPU
>i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Check your Mobo's QVL before buying RAM or look for user reports

GPUs:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070 / 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>Consider a 240GB or larger SSD.
>Consider a Wireless Network Adapter, either 2.4 or 5GHz

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/CdtLM8
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QtZ2XH
aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Palit GeForceĀ® GTX 1060 JetStream 6GB Graphics Card ?productId=66427
novatech.co.uk/products/evga-geforce-gtx-1060-sc-gaming-6gb-gddr5-graphics-card/06g-p4-6163-kr.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/gqjdyf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is the i5 8600K never on any graph? It's always just between the i7 8700K and the i5 8400.

>no ryzen in OP

Once again OP fumbles at the first hurdle.

>i5 8400 OC
>locked
the absolute state of intel shills

You can overclock the uncore, dumbshit.

>But you're not completely blocked from improving performance, as you can raise the uncore clock from the default 2.8GHz to 4.0GHz and it did appear to improve performance a few percent.

Brazilian monkey attacks again. Hide.

Intel didn't send any out to reviewers and its impossible to buy. This is a paper launch just to slow down ryzen. I sure bet motherboard manufacturers are happy that all their kaby lake motherboards are now dead stock.

How much should I ask for FX8320+ GB 990FXAUD3 mobo+ 8gig of Corsair Vengeance?

>overclocking a locked cpu
the absolute state of intel shills.

Isn't the graph meant to show that it's not really worth it?

Much, much less than you'd want.

When Poozen is the only other option, people are forced to take what they can get.

the graph is clearly shilled by intel. let's see legit ryzen oc'd vs cuck lake oc'd.

>ryzen oc'd

That's a good joke Raja

>9:25 AM
>Saturday, October 21, 2017 (GMT-2)
>Time in Brasilia - Federal District

Pajeets became a lot more annoying since Coffee Lake took a shit on Ryzen.

>tfw cuck lake is out of stock for 3 months
the absolute state of intel shills

they will have plenty by black friday

>Out of stock, and 8 reviews.
What did they mean by this?

i don't like housefires, so i bought ryzen.

>tfw the same intel shills post pics of cuck lake

>t. intel insider

tfw I like to run virtual machines with gpu passthrough, so i have to wait for inteli7 to be in stock.

wew lad

I live in a second world country and I accidentally got sent 2 i7s.

There is limited stock but if you're lucky and keep an eye out you can get it.

>tfw intel shills refuse to post temps of cuck lake
>tfw intel shills are actively causing deaths

>I live in a second world country and I accidentally got sent 2 i7s.

>There is limited stock but if you're lucky and keep an eye out you can get it.
Makes sense I reckon it would be easier to purchase something that has a limited stock if you have the money in a country where there's less people with enough money.

Are all amd cpu/gpu no longer eccommended besides the threadripper?

none of them ever were - if you discarded the opinions of pajeet shills

>Intel could make coffee lake work on Z270 if they wanted to
>but they dont

And i just happen to have a Z270 mitx board lying around

This OP is just a retard who didn't include them. The 580 and vega 56 are good buys if you can get them for close to MSRP and ryzen 5 and 7 are still entirely viable choices depending on your usage case.

the only relevant cpus are amd. the only relevant gpus are nvidia.

I think they were gone within an hour. From the site that had some on stock.

I was just refreshing all the bigger sites that sell PC hardware because I really wanted one fast.

Still better for anything but videogames. But really, only turbkautists upgrade their desktop PC for anything other than videogames

>turbkautists
>Sperging out so hard he can't even control his keyboard

SOPA DE MACACO

>posting on a keyboard
>posting on a pc
Get w/ times gramps is 2017 lmao baka

You have to be a special kind of retard to buy intel after ryzen was released.

>pcbg
>not posting from a PC
fucktard

Why?

ryzen is better and cheaper overall.

Ryzen is shit at gaming and emulation so no.

I'll take it off you for free

>ryzen is better and cheaper overall.
But it can't run vm with gpu passhrough, or any of my vidya that I like, so I doubt that I'm amd's target market.

Ryzen APU here i come if and only if GPU price never come down.

shill sage and hide

>shit at gaming
>5% difference and still close to 144fps in most games
>better frames per dollar than anything except 8400 which needs the expensive mobo

>playing shit wii games
genius

>Want to upgrade to i5-8400
>Doesn't even list a delivery date
>The only thing available is the lowest i3
Reeee, let me spend money!

You can't buy an i5-8400 anywhere and it's 30-40% slower than a 1600x in multithreaded workloads

Where is the real thread?

just gat a 1600 its the same fucking thing stop being a waitfag

Why is the coffee mobo expensive?

same, but I want the i7-8700k

My budget is under S800. I mostly want to watch movies and play dwarf fortress. Are there any good machines for this use?

%

You're not fooling anyone Pajeet.

Ryzen is just another disaster like FX.

Well the new sockets are hard to manufacture hehe just be a good customer and spend some money

>shit at gaming and emulation

Not a Demon's Souls fan I see.

CPU's Ghz is almost always directly related to range of FPS right? Then, considering playing on 720p with 30FPS then 3.0GHz will be far enough ?

>no info on resolution, gpu, ram or if MCE is turned on.

Gee, I wonder why such critical information has been left from this post?

>CPU's Ghz is almost always directly related to range of FPS right?

No.

Get a Coffee lake or Kaby lake i5 and use it's integrated GPU.

delivered

ACTUAL THREAD

>muh special snowflake rules

Find me 1 cpu-bound gaming benchmark where Ryzen isn't shit. Just 1 buddy.

Even in AMD special snowflake Ashes of Singularity bench Ryzen gets shit on.

>Find me 1 cpu-bound gaming benchmark where Ryzen isn't shit
Good fucking luck finding a non gpu bottlenecked benchmark for ryzen m8.

>Find me 1 cpu-bound gaming benchmark where Ryzen isn't shit. Just 1 buddy.

Civ VI.

I have a black edition FX-4300 (quad core 5GHz AM3+ CPU) laying around unused. If I bought a new mobo for it, like a gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3, a 4GB 1050ti and tossed n 4x8GB of DDR3 1600 RAM, would that be sufficient to run most "modern" games @ 720p, stuff like Fallout 4, GTA V,, etc? The 32GB of RAM is really just because I plan on running VMs and shit. RAM is cheap enough, and the mobo supports 32GB so I figure, why not?

I already have a case, a decent PSU, and tons of storage devices like SSDs and 7200rpm HDDs, and I've got a mechanical keyboard and g400 mouse, and a 1600x900 display

Dont listen to this troll. Get a Ryzen 5

????

pcpartpicker.com/list/CdtLM8
I will be good for 4/3 years with this build ? I don't feel like upgrading my PC every year just to save a few bucks

Explain yourself Pajeet

>integrated GPU.
They should at least be clever if they're going to troll.

user do you have updated yaab, and pbug benchmarks?

I'm thinking about upgrading to a 1080 TI, but rumors are going around that Volta will launch early 2018. If all I want to play are 1440p games at 144 FPS and VR supersampled to 1.5, is there even a point to waiting for a new generation of cards?

What point is there to a new $800-$900 card that beats a Titan Pascall by 25% before overclocking? Unless you're playing everything on 4k ultra with an expensive as fuck monitor, you don't really need any more power for gaming. Are there enough FPS obsessed rich people and overclockers going for benchmark scores to drive sales of a new card?

73rd post for aib Vega still not released

We're probably 18 months away from an 1180 Ti. The 1180 will be a small die ripoff with crippled memory bandwidth as always. The 1080 Ti will continue to be an absolute beast for several years to come, given just how overkill it is right now and the fact that most "PC" games these days are just shitty console ports.

>Are there enough FPS obsessed rich people and overclockers going for benchmark scores to drive sales of a new card?
Yes, because 4k.120Hz monitors are out next year. 4k/60 is old news, the goal now is 4k/120.

>4k/60 is old news, the goal now is 4k/120.
Does that even look noticeably better enough to justify the price? Holy shit!

>all I want to play are 1440p games at 144 FPS and VR supersampled to 1.5
That's about as graphically intensive as 4k@100Hz. Not that far away from 4k@120Hz.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QtZ2XH
Rate my build please
My worries are ram and PSU, and whether I can get the graphics card cheaper.
I don't think i will want to overclock the ram as long as it reaches ~3000. I heard QVL is just a marketing myth perpetrated by the chinese so they can sell more fortune cookies on the 4th of july.

1600x or 8700k?
is really justifiable to pay 50% more for about 20% increase?

i would do gaming, programming and vm. running 4 vm at a time?

>Intel's 10nm still isn't ready, and has likely been delayed until H1/2018.
>Coffee Lake is the last good gaming CPU from Intel until Tiger Lake, which won't arrive until Q4/2019 or Q1/2020.
>Intel has nothing to compete with AMD in price/performance in HCC CPU's (HEDT/server/workstation) until 2021.
>Intel's new uarch isn't 100% P6-compatible so it will probably be ignored like every other time Intel's tried to move away from x86.
Intel is pretty much a dying company, but they can still afford to pay shills.

aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Palit GeForceĀ® GTX 1060 JetStream 6GB Graphics Card ?productId=66427
OR
novatech.co.uk/products/evga-geforce-gtx-1060-sc-gaming-6gb-gddr5-graphics-card/06g-p4-6163-kr.html

Dual fan has a lower clock speed. Single fan has a higher clock speed. There are good reviews on the single fan one. What is user's opinion(s) on which to buy?

Can someone who isn't experiencing severe buyers remorse and confirmation bias tell me if 4k actually looks better? And what screen size you're supposed to get with it?

27" 1440p is what I'm using right now and I don't see the point of 4k at all.

Bought r9 290 for 350$, recently sold it for 250$

Got another r9 290 still, going to sell it soon for 250$ or so.

Going to buy vega 64 with the money.

R8 / H8

Come on dude. OP is clearly a faggot.

If you compare 6core cpus then the 8600k and the 1600x are the best buys. Please do not buy the 8400 it is a shitty cpu.

When considering the 8600k and 1600x the 8600k is the winner performance wise. And since it it's a true hexa core it won't bottleneck tour system for another few years.

On the other hand the 1600x is cheaper. But you pay a premium for better RAM.

Again got daily usage the 8600k wins. But mot by much imo.

Both cpus overclocked should have the Intel beating the Ryzen by 5-10%

Why would I spend additional 70 eurobucks on a 8600k and then 40 eurobucks more to get a cooler? That's 110 eurobucks for like 10% extra performance

Its more like 10% when both are overclocked. Consider the 8600k instead. Unless you do heavy workload. You won't need more than 6core

Then get the 1600x. I have it and love it. Overclocked to 4ghz on a shitty cooler.

Sup Forumstard here, this will be my first built computer so excuse me if I dont know what the fuck I'm saying
>budget: $1000 USD(Give or take I have room)
>purpuse: gaming, browsing Sup Forums (games like Dark Souls, TF2, PUBG, GTA etc.)
Any suggestions? I don't know where to start

Can I get some opinions on this build for a HTPC that can handle some light social gaming, i.e. FIFA and wii tier shit
pcpartpicker.com/list/gqjdyf

>Sup Forumstard

get the fuck out you fucking underage piece of shit

6100 is old, you may as well get something newer for a similar price, the 8100 (if you can find one) or Ryzen 3 1200.

>consider a housefire that he can't even buy instead

Why does every PC case need fucking flashing LEDs and shit.

I hate watching movies on my PC connected to my TV. The LEDs are fucking blinding.

I basically just want a really cold, black box to store my components in. Is that so much to ask? And I don't want to deal with liquid cooling.

You're a fucking cuck, I'm 19, retard. Anyway, does anyboy other than this fat fuck care to help?

HAHAHAHA

Dumbass

>these pretty colors mean compooter is gooder, yes?

There are plenty of bland computer cases, components and shit colored Noctua fans for your neckbeard needs.

gtfo entitled pos