/mkg/ - Plis rate my new blackwidow edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL

>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp

>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

prev.

Other urls found in this thread:

40percent.club/
amazon.ca/Professional-Transparent-Characteristic-Mechanical-Keyboards/dp/B074N4QWJN/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1508640907&sr=8-14&keywords=round+keycaps&th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We can see your ugly neckbeard burger face in the reflection. Go end ur life.

remember to never buy cherry mx blue, they are loud and hard to push

remember to always buy silent blacks, they are quiet and have a good level of resistance

>linear

while on the topic, clears or browns?

vintage black or gateron black?

Gateron

You can get probably 3 to 4 times as many switches for the same price, and they'll feel just as good

>hard to push
what?

Clears are too stiff, browns are almost linear.

The one true answer is Cherry 62g ergo clears. Zealios and Mod are also ok.

Colourful SSK ftw

My only exposure to vintage blacks are my friends HEAVILY used vintage blacks hes had for like 15 years now, I prefer them over gateron blacks but I'm not sure if they all feel as good as his do

OP BTFO

It's terrible alike Saudi Arabia's democracy

Following user's recommendation , I am about to get an AJazz AK60 as my beginner's poorfag mech.

Any last minute opinions before I confirm? Keyboard linked below, it looks like good value for its price, but if you can think of a better keyboard at

holy shit it's literally the "install gentoo" meme guy

>41 keys
holy shit this is like the most cucked keyboard ive ever seen

how about a rosewill rk9000v2 no led version?

there's a whole site dedicated to much smaller keyboards than that one

40percent.club/

>cucked
_donald

It's a fucking keyboard, damn.

How do Gateron blues compare to Cherry blues?

>AJazz AK60
Wow that actually looks really good

I find they're louder and crisper than blues, but much more wobbly and less tight feeling.

>Budget
Under $200
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
I was thinking either browns or clears, maybe blues
>Layout
No preference
>Form factor
Full sized
>Back light
Preferably yes
>Previous/current keyboards
Blue badge IBM with broken numpad

I keep coming back to the Corsair K70 because it is the only keyboard I can find with the independent volume and media control plus the black light (I lost feeling in my left hand from an accident so I can't really touch type. A back light helps me see the keys in peripheral vision)

keyboard?

Indeed, that's a keyboard

>Purchase keyboard 7 years ago
>Still works flawlessly
>Use mouse manufactured in 2003
>Still works flawlessly
Good.

How did you know?

holy shit dude lose some weight

>cucked
WHO IS KEKED NOW!!!!!!

i don't even know how i ended typing keked lol

still you

This black friday I might buy a mechanical keyboard.

Please reccomend me something cheap, max 60€.

I never owned a mechanical keyboard so I'm not very picky. I don't need those gay lgbt-like led keyboards.

>cherry mx

just go to the trash store and pick up a g80 for like 4 yurobucks

op you fat neckbeard faggot

How hard is it to replace all the switches in a keyboard? I really like my M65 but red switches absolutely suck for typing. I was thinking of putting brown switches in.

those are some shitty artistic (autistic) pictures famb

K70 or a ducky shine 6

I just bought Masterkey S Pro with blue switches and Im loving it.

How do I get the nice feedback of a mechanical keyboard without sounding like a typewriter? I've read that red switches are the best for it but the ones I tried still sound very loud

is red dragon vara okay?

Exactly what's wrong with that sonny?

O rings

Rubbery bottom out though

keyboard?

I wouldn't trade that knurled metal volume wheel for anything.

Cherry blacks and don't smash your fingers down.

Top kek. Tada68 shipped out yesterday, hopefully it gets here this week

Guys I have a thinkpad that I damaged two keys installing the thing.

Is there a technique or something I need so I don't break those little plastic clips?

I believe it's a Filco mate.

>Budget
Below £200
UK
>Preferred switch type
Greens or blues.
>Layout
Not fussed, ISO or ANSI's fine.
>Form factor
100%.
>Backlight
LEDs are for homosexuals.

What's the difference between o-rings from a "proper" mechanical keyboard shop and cheapo $2 o-rings from ebay?

I could go into a hardware store and get tiny O gaskets for the same price, what makes "keyboard" o-rings special?

Some sort of Filco with Tai Hao caps

Filco Majestouch with Tai Hao PBT Doubleshot Lavender caps and MX Brown switches.

Its not too terribly hard but a bit time consuming. You'll need to desolder each switch which lets you remove them from the plate, and then you solder in the new switches. Just make sure you have a decent solder sucker or some solder wick. Never leave the iron on for too long otherwise you will lift the pad, if the solder is not coming out add some more to it then try suck it again.

Don't bother with o-rings they reduce travel too much and feel like shit, trying not to bottom out as hard is not really useful advice either if you type at any decent speed. Try find dampened switches, e.g. matias quiets, dampened alps, cherry silents. Personally at this point I would wait until gateron silents become more readily available, cheaper than cherry silent but still mx mount.

Here's my new Ducky YOTH, also have a standard ducky mini and a ducky legend.

Wrong picture.

xd84 or kbd75?

More angles

hi!
my bfs birthday is in two months and she really likes keyboards and is pretty much a walking stereotype for Sup Forums
she has wanted a new keyboard for a while, i'm fairly experienced in this sort of shit, so I was thinking of making one for him.
is there a pcb board you'd reccomend for a 60% keyboard? also she really likes plain keys, mainly in dull or pastel colours, they are currently using some clear keys that are cherry red, any recommendations for some nice plain ones?
thanks a bunch, I have it mostly worked out I just wanna make it a good birthday present for her.

Can someone tell me why the fuck my Filco has ubuntu and windows keys

Is the Anne Pro a meme?

I'm looking for a 60% keyboard to lug around, and it seems really good for the price.
The only problem I see with it so far is that the keycaps look like trash, but those are getting replaced right away.

BLACKED

> bf
> she
Aaaa ok

>bf
>he
>she
>they
>loves Sup Forums
christ the memes are true

my rk61 was pure shit, if im going a chink 60% again it will be an anne
whether or not its shit it cant be worse than the rk61, some user had a broken anne pro last thread

Are the Bloody b820 keyboards really good or are they a meme?

ive had one of those, it was shit in my opinion, the stop on the switch when you bottom it out is like a soft dampened bump.
but what are you going to use it for?

>Budget
less than $200
south america
>Preferred switch type
cherry blue/red
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
tenkeyless
>Backlight
YES!
>Previous/current keyboards
none, mouse user only till now

Has anyone had any problems with the leopold 900FCR ? I can't find a better keyboard in the same price range apart from the FC750R which MechanicalKeyboards.com doesn't have it in white anymore , so this is my last option.

cherry switches are better, ive had cherry mx blue and red and also the bloody lk blue and red.
if you were gonna get lk blue just get cherry mx blue and if you were gonna get lk red just get cherry mx reds or speed switches

Holy shit what's that keyboard

RS68
there is also a 78 and a 96 key model

I was specifically looking for a keyboard with arrowkeys but without those fucking F1 to F12

I'm the guy with the duckys

is the ducky one rgb tkl decent?

Everything ducky is high quality

Preparing to buy a mechanical keyboard (thinking ortholinear, or I go DIY and make a custom layout), just got my tester set from Massdrop.

8 Cherry MX switches (Red, Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Gray, Clear, White)
6 Gateron KS switches (Red, Black, Blue, Brown, Clear, Green)

WHAT DO I DO /mkg/, I MIGHT BE CLICKING ALL DAY. THESE SWITCHES DON'T SEEM ALL THAT AMAZING. DEPRESS, DEPRESS, DEPRESS...

Leopold is updating their entire line with the next PBT keycaps. Look at mech keyboard's incoming stock page.

maybe this one but with the correct position of F1-12 keys.
does it have backlight?

>mechanical keyboards arent that great and the switches arent that different

woah

You mean like the RS84
They all do, the acrylic case is their specialty, but its a good thing they come with a more sensible one too

forgot pic

looks like you've finally realized how lame cherry style mechanical switches are lol.

Better grade rubber that won't disintegrate as fast

Holy shit

I spray painted this wrist rest nearly 40 days ago and it still reeks like paint what the fuck is this? Fucking pissed.

dude that's a massive wrist rest

It's the perspective, it's only 3.5" deep

Can anyone actually handle the sound of the clicky blues/greens?

hahhahahaaaa

yes, just don't hammer down on the switches like an autist

i do, but my family don't so i ended up buying another keyboard with linear switches.

do you live in a house made of cardboard?

Chinkshit masterrace.
40$ all mechanical, free shipping.
Bought some typewriter-esque keycaps, should be arriving sometime soon.
amazon.ca/Professional-Transparent-Characteristic-Mechanical-Keyboards/dp/B074N4QWJN/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1508640907&sr=8-14&keywords=round+keycaps&th=1

no that's the thing, the walls are massive and the doors are from solid wood, but the sound still sips out :V

Must be my room, so empty that it generates a massive echo wave