Arch Linux is amazing

It's not like it's hard OS. If you know English, you can just use Google to solve every issue. After small configuration it becomes really comfy. Why so small amount of people are using it?

Other urls found in this thread:

arch-anywhere.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yo en inglés solo se decir "Yes".

because i always fuck up at the kernel.

>Why so small amount of people are using it?
systemdicks dependency in every fucking half-useful package. Arch is meant to be easy for the developers and the maintainers, not for the end-user. Every Arch install I have is broken in some way and I don't feel like fixing it.

I will admit pacman is nice, it's better than apt by far, but that's about the only good thing I can say about Arch. I'm using Alpine Linux for all my future server installs because it uses musl and openrc, both which are less broken than their glibc/systemd counterparts. I don't know if I want to use Gentoo or go with LFS for my next desktop install; right now I'm lazy and am using Debian in the meantime

this is a test

wut

are you so autistic that you forgot how much time it took to get it working?

because it's too easy.
I don't like it because:
pacman
gnu
systemd
kernel
& pretty much any other arch's feature

just use alpine with gnu coreutils and glibc

took me an hour, maybe 90 minutes if you count setting up firefox

Takes less time to install than windows 10.
I dual boot both and arch is easy peasy, a bit of fdisk, mount partitions, pacstrap, done.

Plus there are install scripts.
I actually wonder why they don't have a proper installer.

>I actually wonder why they don't have a proper installer.
to keep the idiots not smart enough to use antergos or arch-anywhere out

So you're that kind of a guy that """smart enough""" for spending more time for nothing?

>Why so small amount of people are using it
Are you mad? It's kinda of a mainstream distro. I believe it's close second after APT distros.

>you can just use Google to solve every issue
This is what people don't seem to understand, no one wants to have to deal with fucking issues.

This is why linux doesn't work as a desktop computer.

It sounds like a declaration of homosexuality

>too much of a brainlet to fix arch
>thinks gentoo or LFS will serve him better

> I believe it's close second after APT distros
Pffft. First, those are deb-based. Second, no, it's not, rpm-based distros are much bigger.

Should I go with Arch or Gentoo?

>implying antergos/arch-anywhere consume significant time

only fedora on desktop though

think back to the 90's installing linux with only a shitty FAQ to guide you, looking for help from snarky autists over NNTP / IRC, being forced to learn everything about each and every system to be able to properly set up config files.

>complaining about being able to use google to solve every issue
enjoy life in the walled garden friendo

>just use alpine with gnu coreutils and glibc
coreutils and glibc suck, busybox and musl work great
arch and debian have always caused irreversible issues for me. with arch, it's some retarded systemd bug that i don't have the patience to learn how to fix (i want to work with systemd as little as possible, it's a waste of time to try to figure out what that piece of bloated shit is doing to my system) or some retarded libsystemd dependency on my arch+openrc server on a program that shouldn't have to use libsystemd.
with debian, i had to downgrade glibc to fix a unicode rendering bug, but the way apt works, if you try to do that then apt breaks because of its shitty dependency resolution management. also i had to spend a day setting up dovecot for my mailserver because the dovecot init script had a hidden hook to systemd that called the unit file and completely ignored the init script.

i've used alpine for about a year now and any issue i have caused, i was easily able to fix because the distro is light enough not to get into my way for stupid shit like that. lfs/gentoo are both meta-distros and from what i can see, they'll behave similarly and will be easy for me to troubleshoot if i mess anything up.

tl;dr stop shilling your babby distros

not a meme, install gentoo

> only fedora on desktop
CentOS may be used for desktops too.

> coreutils
> suck
> busybox
> work great
Don't try to sell anything here.

Arch-anywhere removes the difficult parts of Arch. You have no excuses to not use it.
arch-anywhere.org/

To be fair, you need an extremely high IQ to understand Arch Linux

clearly you don't have one.

right now there's a bug in the 4.13 kernel that fucks up the display if you got an intel and uses the i915 module

for me it shows a black square overlay at the top of everything but the mouse cursor. i have deducted it is some sort of screen resolution issue. the black square is like that zone tries to keep a 640x480 resolution while the rest of the screen works at native resolution. turning off modeset keeps the resolution when systemd is doing its thingy, but the screen locks at 640x480 ignoring everything off the screen, in other words, the screen focus on the previous mentioned black square.

other people has posted other weird issues on the arch forums. i didn't bother because my netbook is i686 and officially i have less than two weeks of support because arch is dropping 32 bits

for now dowgrading linux to the last 4.12 available fixes the black square. after november 1st i will simply switch to other distro, or not update anymore

explain how i'm wrong

i've installed Arch close to 10 times on different machines, never actually did it manually, I've looked over the steps and somewhat know them from using the different "installer" versions, I know I *could* easily do it the "hard way" but I don't see the point unless there's something specific I want to do with an install that I can't do with an installer.

started with Evolution, then Architect, then Arch Anywhere (now named Anarchy Linux rather unfortunately imo pretty cringe name even for an open source project)

Install Arch, don't listen to gentoofags.

you argue for only a few minutes here and there versus every other distro where you haven't had to do any of that since 2007. On any autism or snowflake distro you're just trying to get it exponentially closer down to 0 minutes spent while everything else is 0 every day.

they don't really want you using arch linux, threads like this are to flaunt it in your face and insist it's super easy so it blows up in your face, you come back and complain, this makes them think they're smart or something. the entire wiki and forums are geared towards this.

arch linux turds are hipsters first, they don't really care about computers, they're just here because it's a new way to be different. just like the rest of them the story is always a variation of double think in the same sentence like "oh it's super cool but you wouldn't understand so get lost"

One of my favorite bullshit arguments you see arch shits flaunting is how we could spend 2 decades going back and forth between installing it the "real" way and knowing it by heart, installing it the "real" way from the wiki, using a script, and then just using a distro based off this. If you're a supposed newbie, the answer you get is something on the easier spectrum like use a script. But come back tomorrow and talk to the same person and suddenly you're not part of the club because you used a script. Go try to install it the hard way, get stuck somewhere because the docs are shit and come back and we go right back to "suggesting" install scripts.

Can't you see this is just a loser, hipster game for getting the maximum amount of attention? They want you to spend years here because they're so socially lost that the only way they can even communicate is by making you jump through these virtual hoops so they can sit back and say "lol i did that". Arch linux is not really linux it's a bunch of hipsters who need attention who haven't killed themselves yet. Linux already succeeded so we're just waiting for this to happen.

arch is easy as hell to install off the wiki instructions. if you use that as an argument against arch, then you're just fucking retarded and should stick to windows. arch has issues and i hate it, but not because of the installation

Yes I shouldn't stick to ubuntu and just go back to windows. Like I said arch is just about getting everyone out of linux so you can pretend it's your secret club.

>arch has issues and I hate it
>but I still use it

Why would I or anyone waste my fucking time with this over any distro that hasn't had problems for a decade. Fitting in online in IRC doesn't count.

>he doesn't use Artix

>>arch has issues and I hate it
>>but I still use it
actually i'm going to get rid of my arch server installs as soon as i can; there are just some services i'd rather not take down until i'm prepared to sit down for a day and reimage everything

I fucking love Arch. I've literally never used it but the Arch wiki is a great resource for figuring out shit other distros don't bother to document.

Sodomy is evil and those who practice it and support it are an abomination before God

Why are there scratches in the logo?

so it's failed you and you're getting rid of it... why are you here defending it again?

You should also have a version of this where it's sick and diseased but the owner doesn't give it the pill and just keeps the cat in a box. Actually seen some arch shits end up older than debian and forego the entire "muh edge!!!!!" they claim is the number one reason they're using it because they know it will break and the novelty of pretending to fit in the club has run out versus the work they'd have to do again.

He was probably "defending" it because he disagreed with your point. You clearly suffer from some form of low level comprehension so I'll try to spell it out for you. The installation isn't hard. Arch isn't necessarily good but the installation isn't hard. Tedious, maybe. Hard, no. Not even for newbies. Hope I was clear.

>why are you here defending it again?
i'm not? see

Arch-based w/ openrc
This is the ultimate linux distro rn

dude its arch you just need an hour or even less if you know what you are doing

Main thing that puts me off about Arch is that it feels so contrived and inconsistent and flaky, a total patchwork quilt, not something put together by professionals who know what they are doing. I hate many things about the big Linux companies like Redhat but at least their shit feels right.

>muh feels
Literally not an argument

>docs are shit
Show me an OS with better documentation

>I actually wonder why they don't have a proper installer.
Keeps the filth out in their eyes, you can always use Arch Anywhere and sneak around the autism.

>not an argument
Literally not an argument