How do we fix the tech industry?

How do we fix the tech industry?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/1994/10/godwin-if-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Everyone and their grandma is "meming" now. Get over it.

Remove pajeet

Ban mobile devices, anything made by apple, and Facebook users from the internet.
Normies get out.

by coding a solution instead of arguing about semantics.

>coding
Writing isn't "wording". Code is what is written, the act of writing it is programming. Go back to watching TBBT.

Thank fuck someone else feels this way. You are my new favourite user.

Do you guys remember when there wasn't a word for "meme"? A time before the meme "meme" gave people a word to describe the concept of a meme, and we call called them looser terms like "trends" instead?

Shit like
>I for one welcome our new [whatever] overlords
>natalie portman, naked and petrified, with hot grits
>[anything referencing Gay Niggers from Outer Space]
That was a meme, but we didn't call it a meme at the time.

Were those better times?

>Waaaa, people aren't using words the way I want them to, even if they're objectively correct and understood! Stop it, waaaaaa!

>objectively
No

It's the gerund of code, and when used people, including you, understand it to mean the exact same thing as programming.
Do you act this way when people use other synonyms you irrationally don't like? How about you try to actually try to say something worthwhile, instead of posting a reaction image and saying no?

>stop using words in the way I don't like them to be used! english must match my autistic sensibilities! waaaaahhh!

Coders code, golfers golf. Deal with it.

I really disagree with the things you are wording. Stop wording at me.

Writing lots of words doesn't make what you've written worthwhile. His "No" was a better comment than yours.

But he didn't actually make an argument for why he thought no, he just said no. As far as I can tell it's just him stating he disagrees with me, then shutting up, because he knows he's actually wrong.
The original point was dumb anyways. Of course, no one says "wording". Word isn't a verb. Code is used as a verb often and people naturally started adding the ing ending to it, because that's the way you use verbs.

>I think eating poop is really great, it tastes so good and has many health benefits and it makes you cool and blah blah blah blah
>"No"
>wtf you only said one word when I said many words, that means I'm right

No

>I think we shouldn't kill babies, its sad and if we murder so many babies population will decline and blah blah blah
>"No"
>wtf you said no that means you have to be right. i praise you for your concise and brutal discourse oh great one.

You're analogue is retarded, of course we both think eating poop is bad, so when you say no it's effective. But clearly in this case we aren't agreeing on this, so yes, just saying no is dumb.

>That was a meme, but we didn't call it a meme at the time.
We did though
wired.com/1994/10/godwin-if-2/

>Your position is like eating babies
No

inb4:
>but my position is like eating poop?
Yes

Remove 70% of (middle-)manager leeches. Problem solved.

Very few people did. Meme was not yet a meme until 2010 or thereabouts.

>the period where people pronounced meme as may may

how do I invest in memes?

You fool, can't you see that "meme" is already past the inflection point?!?

You work in fintech.

Where did we go wrong? was it 2007? iirc memes were generally hated back then too. Did Sup Forums users ever like our bastard child: "meme" ?

Remove sjw scum. Fixed.

The word "meme" came from Richard Dawkins.

Back in 2007 the "memes" of Sup Forums were mostly "image macros" and what would become known as "rage faces". Both were pretty fucking cancerous and retrospect and have since become associated with facebook, because those normalfag losers are always several years behind us.

It's still Mehms for me

Meem sounds dorky

>2007

That fucking year...

based as fuck