Well, here we go

wccftech.com/ataribox-creator-explains-console-succed
...all your "fears" and "doubts" been alleviated now. The wait game has begun. Summer 2018. Time to post 'em, boyz & gurlz.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YinvawEs1-s
youtube.com/watch?v=V8BBUvJw4Qc
youtube.com/watch?v=YQFLCK8f2qs
kickstarter.com/projects/750308586/stormfly-like-a-pc-on-your-wrist/comments
youtube.com/watch?v=GwxJyb1G6kk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=YinvawEs1-s

D O A

Do want!

>succed
What did wccftech mean by this?

It's a NUC.
Whoa.

>wow, you've really put some effort into this marketing campaign, user!
>that must have taken at least an hour!
₹5 have been deposited into your account.

Excuse you Pajeet, Atari is the white man's console. Go poo in the loo, faggot.

They're curry niggers.

>We want to own this box. The design is something we spent a lot of time on, making it just right. We’re also trying to get to a price point and an audience—we’re going to be focusing on indie games. We’re not looking for triple-A development like Sony or Microsoft. There are incredible indie games out there. It’s not always just about graphics. A game like Undertale has sold millions of copies, and that’s almost Commodore 64 graphics. Yet it’s beautiful. It’s genius. Taking all that to this platform is what we’re interested in doing.

It's DOA

U MAD

are there any fighting games on linux? i would only get it for that reason.
and tekken 7 is one of them that i would like to play often when i travel to places

Anything that came out on PC and can be played through Wine, is on Linux. Including emulation, if anything.

>linux
>gaming
Is this 2013 again?
people are excited about the next Steam box?

>we’re going to be focusing on indie games

motherfucker didnt turn of vsync
youtube.com/watch?v=V8BBUvJw4Qc
i would assume you meant play as in barely.

What exclusives do they have?

well I can't wait to get one

[spoiler]and install Windows on it[/spoiler]

Why not?
Analogously, movie theaters that don't show brain-dead popcorn tripe exist, and survive, too.

That's actually the best thing they could do

Invest in AAA where 1-2 games soak up the entire budget and you have a 95% chance of a piece of shit game nobody cares about?

Or invest in indie games where you can fund 15-20 different studios and even a 90% failure rate gets you 1-2 good games.

And depending on what indie devs they hook up with, it could be a lot better than 90% failure. House of the Dying Sun - there's an indie game that could've been funded by paying a single developer's salary, and look how that game turned out.

The future of gaming is in indie studios where dev teams are less than 30 people each and often less than 10. It's never required $300 million dollar budgets to make a successful games, no matter what the hollywood EA/activision brainlet execs think.

checked, dubs of truth

Update your hardware already, shithead.
Also
>Memeken 7, when I was clearly talking about GOOD fighting games (like KoF XIV, for example)

Why do marketeers not even try to hide their threads anymore? The same forced meme over and over again

I think with Steamboxes, Valve has to bite the bullet and make them competitively priced.

Imagine this.
>Valve makes a prebuilt with $500-$600 worth of parts
>But they sell it for hundreds less than if you, part for part, were to build this machine yourself
>At this point, you would be retarded not to buy a Steam computer. It's clearly a better value anything else
>All Valve would have to do now is LOCK IT DOWN, make it next to impossible to overwrite the system with your own operating system. The Steam Machine boots to the Steam Store landing page whenever it boots up to entice customers to buy games and where Valve will make up all of their lost profits

That's how you get a Steam machine in every home.

This thread is fun at least

tekken 7 isnt perfect, but kof xiv it's fucking shit.
and that isnt my video, it's actually representing a mid range pc, the said atari console it's going to be. fuck off if you don't know what you are talking about

That's fine in theory, but when seen in startups, it usually just means that they're going to release some piece of generic hardware that anyone could have made (though, of course, with some marketing gimmick, in this case the Atari brand), and then leave it to other people to actually make something useful of it.
>We're super-excited to see what YOU can do with it!

>I haven't played KoF even once in my entire miserable life and I don't know jack shit on it
Why you didn't say so right from the very beginning?

Smartphone games do it, but all studios goes to pay to win.

i played kof 2002, xi and xiii, tho casually. seeing how much of a downgrade kof xiv was i never bought it, voice acting, animations, art design, the way hit feels, sounds. fighting games, are a thing that you are gonna spend a thousand hours practicing, and with those obnoxious things in the way, how can one torture themselves through that even if the "core gameplay" MIGHT be good.
i played tekken casually since forever aswell, and 7 had a lot to offer. i play it a bit more serious now, just Fighter rank anyway.
bought umvc3 when it came out on pc, even tho it was dead by then, and MvC:i... looks fun to play, but i wouldnt play it in a million years because of the same reasons

>KoF XIV
Yep, pretty much confirmed for never playing KoF any and not knowing jack shit on anything SNK every did or does.

you don't like reading do you

I don't like reading BS FUD. KoF XIV is fucking GOOD and it's a FACT. XIII and XIV are both good. XII was trash. And starting from XIV, the old SNK (minus the Shinkiro and SST) is fully back into the game because it finally got itself bought out from the shitheads that are Playmore and SNK is now, once again, fully free. The Future Is Now. And KoF XIV is the start of that new future. New Samurai Spirits and Garou are next, then it's KoF XV and everything else (Metal Slug, Sonic Wings, Art of Fighting, etc) after that. KoF XIV is very good and it's a success, but you're spreading FUD BS about it. So no, it's you who should STFU and go play the fucking game already, you fucking scrubshit.

played at a friend's house. what i said wasn't bullshit, i would play it if it wasn't so annoying to play it, and i don't mean i got bullshited or anything that felt cheap, it was just, uninteresting. im happy for snk, i just hope the next game will be good.
would kill for another metal slug

If you're saying (and you've said it) that "KoF XIV is a downgrade" and "it's shit" - you ARE spreading absolute and total BULLSHIT, because neither of those is any true. You're just showing yourself to be an uneducated and inexperienced lamer scrubshit in others eyes if you say shit like that about KoF XIV, it just denotes you as a fucking n00b.

and i explained where it was downgraded. are you going to tell me kof xiv has better animations, sounds, art style and feeling of hitting combos than kof xiii?

They are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS, you dumbass!
It's like comparing Guilty Gear X and Guilty Gear II Overture! 2D is 2D and 3D is 3D! If anything, you should compare fucking MAXIMUM IMPACT to XIV, in this regard!

ok, maximum impact, more than ten years ago.
better sounds, better voice acting, better character art style and it had Fio. the backgrounds were dull tho, and a few new characters aswell.
the maximum impacts were dumb fun, not very competitive since they were broken as hell.
if they add shion to kof xiv i might play

>Maximum Impact
>Better at anything
>Better than 2D KoF
>Ever
NOW you've fully confirmed that you're a total scrubshit AND a very crappy troll to the boot. Get fucked already, why did I even waste my time on you, sheesh.

They better fucking price this thing correctly and not lock it down.
It runs linux and not some weird amalgamation of proprietary software and freeBSD, so it should be pretty capable as an emulation box.
If it is it'll sell well, especially with retroarch/Lakka being a thing now.
Otherwise it's fucking Ouya 2.0

i never said it was better than 2d, i was comparing it to kof xiv like you asked pal
learn to read please

KoF XIV is 3D only in graphics engine, you dumb schmuck. Gameplay-wise it's good ol' 2D KoF all the way, like SF IV/V. KYS, already.

i don't feel like repeating myself. the way you talk proves that you don't give a shit about kof, because you are not doing a good job defending it. you should be a fan of the game, not a fanatic.

Again - KYS, you imbecile.
I've been playing KoF on a competitive level when you haven't even been born yet, you scrubshit trash.

i guess i know why you are mad. you can't find anyone to play or tourneys take part in, because the game is shit. go back to fightcade pedro

youtube.com/watch?v=YQFLCK8f2qs

It looks kewl to me. I'm kinda intrigued by this idea

ok, so what? it's an indie box, the consoles already have their foot dipped in that shit and pc is host to an army of indie games with some real gems in that lake of shit.

This is literally just a kickstarter scam

OUYA 2.0

>linux gaming console

I want one just as a collectible

if it has games that's a bonus

Because they have absolutely no incentive to do so. It's painfully obvious at this point that there aren't going to be any moderation attempts to remove them, and that's assuming they're not paying Hiroshimoot to be here in the first place. All that aside, they also know that you want them here. And let's face it, you really do. The fact that they choose to come here to shill their wares makes you feel special, like your demographic actually matters to them. They came all the way to your secret clubhouse to hawk garbage to you. They're quite obviously "one of us" right? Anyone who shils here is obviously, dare I say it, "our guy" right? Better open your wallet.

"I have high hopes for this, but they bettered have decent graphics, if it doesn't have stronger graphics than the PS4 then it's DOA, even if it's only marketed for indie games."

Gaming is truly dead.

Sorry, when I said "open your wallet" what I meant was that you should "ironically" open your wallet and "ironically" buy whatever they're selling. Ironically, of course, because that way you're not actually falling for marketing when you buy their crap. It's all for the "kekz" bro.

>AMD
Will probably have a 10 times worse performance than a windows PC
t. AMD user whose GPU has an absolute dogshit performance under Linux it's almost as if I'm using integrated graphics

Is that real wood©?

>t. AMD user whose GPU has an absolute dogshit performance under Linux it's almost as if I'm using integrated graphics

Everything > GCN 1.0 runs better than Nvidias fully closed driver

>Well
Well?

the atari flopbox

Nope. Mine is GCN 2.0 and performs absolutely terrible.

I'll show you some real wood *UNZIPS DICK*

>Will probably have a 10 times worse performance than a windows PC
It's on Zen APU and it performs like a modern late 2017 mid-range build, faggot. The idea was not to compete with top tier enthusiast configs for 100500$, but to obliterate PoorStation and Kusone, and that it does several times over (Ataribox has a hardware that outperforms PS 4 Pro by at least 4 times, both CPU and integrated video-wise).

>crappy AMD linux drivers
>linux game library where 50% games are wine ports and perform worse anyway
>trust me, it performs well even though there is no evidence the box even exists and no benchmarks were made yet
Yeah, okay.

Oh hey atari is gonna come out with a console after so many years
>its the game band guys
Welp how big of a scam is this gonna be?

This ain't no scam, this is endorsed an directly supervised by Nolan himself. There will also be Ataribox IPs and exclusives, so no, it's not "just yet another Steambox".

It sounds reasonable, it's just a Linux PC with controllers, I don't see how they could fuck it up.

I'm so tired of these shitty Wojack edits being pushed off as OC. Its like shitty games having drawfags and when they can't think of anything else to draw after drawing everything under the sun they start doing video game reskinned memes. It's so fucking lame.

It's literally gonna be a cheap mid range PC. It'll be a good buy if they deliver in time. If they manage to fuck it up then I'll be surprised.

LOL
"indie" games are the most delusional pieces of shit ive ever seen pushed. like 1 out of every 100,00 of them is a gem and all of the developers want $20 just for you to test their unfinished piece of shit

These same guys managed to fuck up a usb drive

How

>crappy AMD linux drivers
U wot.
It's singificantly less powerful than both PS4Pro and Scorpio.

What happened?

>u wot?
This perhaps >AMD has 10 times worse GPU performance on Linux when compared to windows
Probably doesn't apply to integrated graphics.

That's some next-level shilling. Some person in public relations thought making all this meme pictures is a good move since people in internet love funny pictures, haha.

people would just figure out how to root it and install windows desu

Even the original atari wasn't real wood I think

>he thinks atari provides funds to indie studios and just says "just do your thing"
I worked in one of those smartphone game companies that was making games for Atari
the company is not what it used to be, it's just a bunch of businessmen trying to make money, not trying to make games

kickstarter.com/projects/750308586/stormfly-like-a-pc-on-your-wrist/comments
It ended up becoming that minecraft usb stick

>significantly less powerful than both PS4Pro and Scorpio
Kusone and PS 4 use fucking Jaguar APU based on Vishera, you dumb fuck. Ataribox uses most freshest Zen APU, you dumb fuck.

Well it’s linux based, it’s a open platform and doesn’t cater to shitty AAA titles, if the specs are decent i’m in

It was. The original hard model, that is. Weighted a ton.

youtube.com/watch?v=GwxJyb1G6kk

It seems like another kickstarter project that will be a piece of shit and fail.

Yes, but that doesn't change the vast majority of consumers who aren't smart enough or don't care enough to do it.

>redditor gif
and I thought shilling was just a meme

>Anyone and everyone who disagrees with me, is automatically a "ledditfag"