en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warmia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_man
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1.Leicester
2.>pic related

1. Kiel
2. A FUCKING EDGY LEAF and a boat

1. Detroit
2. oh fuck uhhh i guess the Catholic archdiocese has a coat of arms?

The hell is up with the three ducks
Didn't they run out of ideas?

>Lay-ces-ter

idk, Catholics did it. The ducks probably symbolize the three tribulations of St. Paedico of the Pond, or some such.

1. Mississ Auga
2. This

1. Espoo
2. Pretty lame desu.

Get cucked by big bohemian lion

1. Civitas Labacensis
2. pretty GoT

1. Braunschweig or Brunswick in english
2. A lion, since this is the city of Henry the Lion

A really great ´heraldic figure that you can use well for anything city related like sports teams, marketing, etc

>Rothenburg means Red castle
>Flag is a red castle
>Sheeeiiit nigga

>dat wikipedia logo

As bleak as the city

Vratislav confirmed Czech clay

Well we've got either that

Or this shit here

1. Garching
2. A nuclear reacor

Checkmate

It's not lame, it's both heraldically correct and aesthetic, unlike many more complicated CoAs

disappointing

Posting less disappointing municipal CoA's.

Caxias do Sul.

Beautiful. Loved the message and the atomic structure at the top. Beautiful city also.

The black things are capuchin capes because the town grew around their monastery

no i fucked up my post

Friendly reminder you have the eagle of the Silesian Piasts in your coat of arms.

That is what the flag of Soviet America would look like imo. P cool.

Get away from my tower!
Kek.

Also, superior Leaf coat of arms coming through coming through.

>It is a Linde (Lime?) tree, under which germanic people traditionally held court and assemblies.

PS:

This coat of arms is tradtional and no new invention I was also surprised as it doesn't realyl conform to traditional heraldry rules.

The linden tree (lipa) was the traditional gathering point for village assemblies in Slovenia and Croatia. I thought the oak served the same purpose in Germanic countries.

Also, we wuz bishops.

The resemblance is there

looks like Bud Spencer in the middle, noice

No, our eagle represents Silesia, which we partially still have. The lion on Vratislav means literally Czechia :^)
Zpátky do království!

I love these threads, always nice when people give the story behind the symbols. Please post more if you know the story behind it.

Cannot be unseen!

The germanic "thing" (pronounced Ting) or assemblies were a germanic tradition as well.

The oak might be more tied to worship of gods.

Well if you have a castle in the municipality, it seems, it has to go on the crest.

Wow that looks amazing as well. Best one so far imo.

Here...

I guess this proves slavs are germanics who just decided to speak a wierd language (or vice cersa)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerichtslinde

GOAT

But does it have any meaning regarding the smbols and colours?

I would like an explanation.

Who is the head in the middle from?
And btw a girl from the technical uni of Wroclaw is gonna be my next flatmate by the end of the month. What should I expect?

Was your noble family killed for satanism and witchcraft?

Looks like it.

Tribal democracy was a typically Slavic political system, while the Germans traditionally had a system of hereditary chieftaincy that was influenced by the Romans and developed into feudalism. AFAIK.

Also, we wuz Lithuanians.

What are you smoking?

That only came after the Franks, mostly.

The oldest still existing democracy is Iceland..the longest continually existing is the Isle of Man for the same reason I believe.

Actually we do have a more common one, but i clearly prefer it.

Also regional flag.
The lion and eagle are symbols of Bohemia and Moravia, as the region lies in both of these lands. The rowan berry are kinda symbol of the region, there is also a poetry collection about it called "rowan trees". Hedgehog because its the symbol of the capital city which name comes ethymologically from hedgehog.

Dat czech lion

Pic: prague

St. John the Baptist. Patron saint of the city, bishopric and the cathedral.
What course?

Cheeky hedgehog.

10/10 hedgehog

Continental Germanics (Germans) and Scandinavians are two very different cultures. Also, the Goths were ruled by the dynasties of the Tervings and the Greuthungs even before they migrated into Roman lands. But I guess that on the level of the municipality, a system of advisory bodies chosen by seniority persisted.

Sielasian eagle is a Piast eagle, Silesians speak Polish.

Deal with it.

Its mixed up like hell, as people migrated from everywhere to everywhere.

My only problem was making a flat out claim that is not necessarily true.

Do you study there too?
I think she studied materials engineering but I don't know her personally yet though. Just want to know how are Breslauer grills :^)

if she studied engi then give up on her.. she is gonna be ugly af.
t. engi

It's the eagle of the branch of the Piast dynasty that ruled over Silesia. That's how it became associated with the region itself.

>want to know how are Breslauer grills

:/

I'm an engi too but I kind of hoped female Polish engineers wouldn't be as disgusting and autistic as the ones here.

What's your point with that pic? Are you implying that they are Ukrainians in denial? Is that necessary a bad thing?
Ukrainian girls are hot desu

All the grills from the technical uni I know are pretty cute. Puzzling, but true.
Nah, I study at the university proper and I fucking hate it. On the other hand, the technical uni people seem to like their school well enough.

Will I get banned for posting my city's coat of arms?

small tits/10

Every animal there is cute af desu

They look so resigned to their faiths, none of them want to be there but they just do it anyway

The lions represent Veneto (as the city was founded by Venetian immigrants), the eight flatteries in the shape of a bunch of grapes represent the eight neighborhoods that were the main producers of grape berries and wine, and the grapevines surrounding it also represents our winemaking tradition. The two batons to the left symbolize our industry, and the castle represents the 'Château La Cave' castle, today our most popular winery and restaurant among tourists.

That hedgehog.

>It might be a stupid question, but why is the cute sheep wounded and bleeding? By the corona and the Christian fahne I assume it symbolizes Christ?
not much to explain here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warmia

Thanks!

1: schaan
2: translares to "at the wather"

Ah, I have family there.

You'll have to explain the cavemen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_man

The "wild man" is a very old heraldic sign in europe who also seldomly appears as a figure in carneval processions I believe.
Something about the primal state of a human as a contrast to civilisation.

'S-Hertogenbosch is founded in a forest. Those men are just to express that bit of history

This

>we wuz medicine n' sheeeiit

Know ur roots!!

Is your coat of arms being displayed in glorious fashion on some sort of city wall or historic building?

NO

delet this

Sounds like the bavarian way to say schön.

Nice one, feels old world.

Used to be one of the world's largest tar producers in the 18th century

thus the burning tar barrell

it's a reaper hors

>over 2 millennia old
Fells pretty good 2bh f4m

>Emu
stop stealing from our coat of arms fagget

Helsinki
Get in the boat