Windows Thread

I installed Winshit 10 LTSB. I fucking hate it. The UI is terrible and it hurts to look at it. Productivity is a meme because there isn't shit I can do with this that I can't do on GNU/Linux. It's pretty fast (Core2 Duo, 4GB of RAM, 256MB of vRAM) but I still can't get over how fucking horrible it looks. I've tried changing the colors and the wallpapers but it just looks like complete ass.

This is a Windows love/hate thread. Feel free to praise it or shit all over it (the Pajeet design devs already did a nice job of that).

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Man I don't really care much about the fucking layout. For me ltsb is almost like 7 with better performance and some changes.

I don't use it because it looks neat, but because it does everything I need to deliver work and manage windows networks.

Ui isn't stellar but seriously, all Linux desktops looks like shit. Osx is even more shit.

>all Linux desktops looks like shit
And this looks worse. The Aero glass design was great but they had to fuck it up with this. Default XFCE looks better.

>calling it gnu/linux

This thread is about Windows/NT.

Taste is personal like your own ass.
I think the over gloss style of aero and the infantile style of osx shit.
Anyway it doesn't matter. Just use the terminal.

>Aero glass design was great
It was worse than XP.
Windows 10 isn't particularly beautiful but it's still better than the thick transparent borders and rounded corners that Windows 7 has.

XP looked like vomit.

And Aero is worse than that.

>whine whine whine
literally do you guys do anything else?

It is but you get used to it. I refused to switch to 10 for a very long time, ultimately ended up upgrading PC and due to 7 blocking updates for my CPU I switched to 10 Pro. Some aspects of 10 are downright ridiculous, some are actual improvements.
Virtual desktops, built in mse, ubuntu for windows, new manager are good ones
Cortana, store, botnet, UI are bad ones.
If you care about botnet you don't use windows, period. I'm not autistic enough to care about stupid shit anymore, I did when I was a college children ricing openbox on crunchbang because I had nothing better to do with my life. Now I have limited amounts of time and bigger problems than minor nuisances with my OS.

should I really jump ship from win7 and move on to w10 ltsb?

I have a relatively old pc (temps are not right for cpu)

Note sure about wi n 10 but when i put win 8 on my old shitty pc i noticed a significant performance improvement

goto deviantart and get some unoffical themes some of them look amazing you'll have to use UX theme patcher

>ricing windows
what kind of uber faggot rices a work computer lmao

Are there any good alternative UIs like Litestep that work with w10? It seems like a lot of them aren't updated anymore. I'm running Cairo now, but it's broken in a lot of subtle and annoying ways.

Like a fucking moron, I've been up since seven o'clock trying to unfuck win 10's dogshit default network configurations on a new PC.
Internet access and wifi, but no connectivity, at all.
I have no idea why you normalshits say it just werks.
Going straight back to Arch.

8 improves on 7 significantly in terms of performance and resource management, and 10 supposedly improves on 8, but I didn't notice much difference. At the least 10 should still be a significant improvement over 7 but if you don't like 10 you can probably just use 8/8.1 and get the same performance.

I disagree

>literally too retarded for even windows
you cant make this shit up LMAO

>install windows 10
>wifi works flawlessly
>it even detected and installed all my network printers for me

I don't know about getting the LTSB version though. As I occasionally play games and will I be left in the dust without the fall or creators update?

Doubt it, unless you want to play the MS games that are exclusive to the Windows Store.

looks like some retarded deviantart theme for XP circa 2008

This.

where can I find a ltsb iso? I found one on reddit but the sha was wrong.

OP here. Got mine off The Pirate Bay and used dd to put it on a flash drive.

If you have more than 4gb of ram and perhaps an SSD you will be good

An SSD will make even oldass core 2 duos fast enough at win10

Win 10 Education is the proper choice.

Ok Sup Forums I took the plunge after 5 years of win7.

Idk about that cpu usage, but everything looks cleaner. Especially qbittorent which looked awful on 7.

Any recommendations?

>Any recommendations?
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

>voluntarily being cucked by micropenis software