What are so bad about these?

>5k, 27" IPS
>good colors
>i5/i7
>1tb fusion
>mediocre graphics, but who cares, still better than integrated
>upgradable RAM up to 64GB (32 if older)
>cozy OS

Seriously, I priced together a nice computer for photo editing with a 8700k, and with ONLY integrated graphics it came out to over $1700. If you just bought the iMac and 32GB of ram, with the included 8GB you'd have 40GB for the price of $2k...

>i7-8700k = $475, if you can find one
>water cooling = $100
>mobo = $150
>32GB ram = $350
>1tb SSD = $250
>PSU = $100
>non-autistic case = $75
>keyboard + mouse = $150
>good 27" 4k monitor on par-ish with iMac = $600
>win10 (only needed because LR/PS) = $80
>~ $2.3k ... just using integrated and having less RAM (price in Canadian pesos, and I'm even being conservative)

I understand not buying MBPs because you can find a Dell XPS that is twice as fast for $500 less, but iMacs are a good deal if you can a recent refurb. But can this "all Apple products are overpriced" meme die? Some things like the SE and iMac (not pro) are great deals if you aren't a Sup Forumsaymer.

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.com/Answers/View/236320/Fusion Drive to SSD
macrumors.com/2017/06/08/27-inch-imacs-compatible-with-64gb-ram/
everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i7-4.2-27-inch-aluminum-retina-5k-mid-2017-specs.html
apple.com/shop/product/G0TR1LL/A/Refurbished-27-inch-iMac-38GHz-quad-core-Intel-Core-i5-with-Retina-5K-display
apple.
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Lightroom-CC-2015-12-CPU-Performance-Core-i7-8700K-i5-8600K-i3-8350K-1056/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have one and it's fucking great. Linux fags and gaymers will never know what it's like to have a nice, good looking computer.

>>i7-8700k
>>water cooling
>>keyboard + mouse = $150

Wtf user

I was with you until that last part.
Cringy faggot.

>look mom! i'm getting butthurt about being redpilled on applel trash again!

confirmation bias

I can find "heating issues" for thinkpads, XPS, MacBook pros, etc just by googling for it.

>t. assblasted mactoddler

>water cooling
>32GB ram
>1TB SSD

wow this kid needs to be shot, how can this be a acceptable behavior

Absolute BS. I bought a new iMac last year and it had a single dead pixel, I took it back and was given a new machine.

do you need a hug, user? you must feel terrible with all that buyer's remorse

I tried to price out a build that included the components you'd get when buying an iMac.

You can't just build a $1200 PC without a monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc and say "look, it's superior". Half the reason the iMac is used is because of the screen.

And the watercooling is so I can put a small OC on the 8700k, and a watercooling kit doesn't account for much of the difference in the PC being $350 more than the iMac. It's just a hypothetical build, I'd much prefer the iMac at this point.

I had a $5k dell precision dual xeon at the office.
The nufag supervisor had a $5k apple fagproduct.
I used all kinds of equipment on my machine, programming linux drivers, building peripherals e.t.c., machine was strong when I left.
His ifag had a speaker/sound crysis. It had to be carefully shipped 800 km away.
A dell vostro breaks in the lab. 500$ machine. Call dell, they send a technician the next day, repairs the laptop, leaves.
I will never live the ifag experience.

A 1TB fusion drive is not the equivalent to a 1TB SSD, lol. Not even close.

2 rupees have been deposited in your loo Sanjay.

>I tried to price out a build that included the components you'd get when buying an iMac.
Don't forget the $2000 liquid nitrogen cooling system so you don't set your house on fire.

tb fusion
tb SSD = $250

Mactoddler brainlets everyone. See pic.

>fusion
Nucular

It's literally the same panel...

I'm aware they run hot. That's why I don't know why people are meming the liquid cooling ...

8bit display.

>1tb fusion
L
M
A
O

For photo editing, this is the only weak spot I see for the iMac. Even then, I could swap the fusion for an SSD

ifixit.com/Answers/View/236320/Fusion Drive to SSD

eventually every single one of them do this

>Apple

>What are so bad about these
Ghosting rendering the whole thing worthless in 2-3 years

k, 27" IPS
>>good colors
>>i5/i7
Underpowered laptop ULV trash.

tb fusion
Hybrid trash.

>>mediocre graphics, but who cares, still better than integrated
Damage control.

>>cozy OS
Neck yourself homosexual.

Also you forgot:
>thermal throttling
Cuts 70% performance to the already shit tier CPU.
Hope you have home owner's fire insurance.

>shit tier dead pixel warranty
Enjoy 15 dead pixels before they even begin to consider a replacement.

Not surprising since apple only sources the cheapest shit tier components they can get their hands on.

How brain dead do mactoddlers have to be to think that 30% profit margin is somehow a good thing for them as a consumer?

You autist, I compared an i7-8700 build with INTEGRATED graphics to an iMac that at least has a discrete card that is 3-4x stronger than the 8700k's intel 620 integrated graphics

The only strong argument against the iMac I've seen is the fusion vs SSD, and even then I can swap it out.

>i7-8700 build
The ABSOLUTE state of mactoddler brainlets.

Vs

>max ram 16gb

That's how I know you're trolling.

>macshit is good

That's how I know you're trolling.

Their IPS panels are shit and they have mostly laptop tier components that overheat.

macrumors.com/2017/06/08/27-inch-imacs-compatible-with-64gb-ram/

>look guise i'm gonna talk about the specs of a $4000 imac and pretend it only costs $2000 like the lowest end model

Mactoddlers everyone.

This build is also compatible with 64gb ram. The mac that costs 1.5k more comes with 8gb aswell. Nice damage control u got there.

You compared the 21 inch iMac, which I didn't mention once.

That one you just quoted costs like $1k ...

everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i7-4.2-27-inch-aluminum-retina-5k-mid-2017-specs.html

please stop with this same damn thread. apple products are grossly overpriced for what they are. period. end of story.

The mac build you just fucking took a picture of or saved one literally circles "max ram = 16GB"

You used the 21 inch model which nobody is talking about and now you're in damage control.

I have no doubt that if I build a computer instead of getting the iMac I can get at least 64GB of Ram in there, that was never in question...

L2control variables

/thread

I'm sorry, I think ur getting me confused with someone else.

This is the 27' Australian model with 8gb ram
This is an Australian build I assembled with a better CPU, gpu and 8gb ram

This was not posted by me.

>What are so bad about these
>* is
My ex works on those ( graphic designer ). First thing she does when she comes to work is to try to create a "dark room". Otherwise she can see what people who sit beside her browse on the internet. She made me a photo. It's a really expensive mirror. Just saying.

This is the Australian build.

apple.com/shop/product/G0TR1LL/A/Refurbished-27-inch-iMac-38GHz-quad-core-Intel-Core-i5-with-Retina-5K-display

I can't believe Sup Forums is this stupid. What happened to you guys?

OP

BTFO
T
F
O

In 7 minutes flat.

>apple.

I can't believe mactoddlers are this stupid.

Actually, no, I do.

You're comparing a refurbished mac with an i5 to a brand new pc with an i7 that's twice as fast.

>refurbished

>browses a website and copy and pastes the entire URL
>"lmao guys he used HTTPS COLON SLASH SLASH"

buy a ryzen 1700 if you doing productivity, its slightly faster than the 8700k and a fuckton cheaper plus comes with cooler and mobos are cheaper. dont say building a pc is more expensive if you dont really know how to build one for your situation. dumb shit like this is why intel and nvidia have low key monopolies and why the shit is more expensive than it should be in the first place. basically fuck the majority of pc gamers.

>hay guise! look how cheap this refurb fruit toy that some fag jizzed all over and returned is!
>why would anyone buy a BRAND NEW PC over this?

Can op be quiet and stop confusing peoples posts now?

Senpai, I don't think LR utilizes multithreads, which is why I'm not beating myself over i7 vs i5 vs ryzen.

At any rate, the 8700k performs better in both LR and PS

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Lightroom-CC-2015-12-CPU-Performance-Core-i7-8700K-i5-8600K-i3-8350K-1056/

Kek op is to mad to respond

It's expensive and locked down.

The hardware isn't exceptional, but you still pay out the ass for it.

What are you talking about? I haven't bought shit, I'm just trying to get a good deal.

A 2017 refurb with good specs is cheaper than the integrated GPU setup I literally pieced together on pcpartpicker in the OP.

I can't reconcile the shitty prices Australians have to pay with their $18 min wage for working at Burger K- ... sorry, Happy Jacks or whatever the fuck you call it.

>I'm just trying to get a good deal.
>mac

Found your problem.

Now go cut the pcpartpicker prices by 30% to account for refurb versions of all of that.

If u wanna buy a fucking mac just buy one, just dont pretend you're not paying a big premium for it being an apple product

It's just as bad with US prices.

Wrong image

>Z270 Pro
>1050 Ti
>Seasonic

That's being very generous to Applel's Foxconn trash.

In the previous one I even had a pcie thunderbolt card but I couldn't be bothered to find an American one.

it's true

we had like 6 iMacs at school

all of them would smell like burning plastic after a while

FIXED

When something breaks like the PCU in your Imac you are fucked

where's the 5K display?

I'm probably giving Apple the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not bullshitting on the $2.3k build with only an i7-8700K without a graphics card. Sure, it goes down to $13-1400 if I don't include a monitor or water cooler, mouse keyboard, etc But those all come with the iMac, save for the water cooler, but I'm not using a house-fire like 8700k without at least a water cooler.

I'd say a computer with a 7th gen i5, 40GB ram, and a 5k monitor isn't that bad of a deal for $2k, all for the purposes of photo editing. Sure, it's refurb but it's a 2017 model and is under warranty.

AFAIK companies can get a special on-site warranty service.

The noctua fans are cheaper and allegedly cool better than water

Fucking kek.

>talking about housefires
>trying to shill iHousefire

Fuck off brainlet.

Everything Apple makes is trash, no exceptions. Any trash, no matter how highly spec'd, is still trash. I do not fancy spending any money on trash.

You sure love to artificially inflate the prices, don't you?

I don't know anyone drinking eight of those cans per day.

If you're going to get a PC that doesn't/can't use much power, just buy something cheap because what's the point in
>i5/i7
>32-64GB of RAM
Seriously what are you gonna do with that

You know you're on an Apple shilling thread right?

Why?

/thread

I edit large 50mpix photos. When I want to move a photo from LR, after doing absolute basic things that correcting for the lens profile, I move it to PS to sharpen, edit blown-out skies, remove stray branches, etc.

8GB RAM barely cuts it using PS alone. I MIGHT be able to make due with 16GB using LR and PS, but I'd likely need at least 24GB (so 8 from iMac and 16 from upgrade). Now, if I also have other applications open - research, music, etc, I think having a few GB buffer is much better. The difference between 16GB and 32GB is like $100, a fairly cheap upgrade to ensure that your workflow doesn't stutter.

I've done the LR + PS on a 5th gen i5 and the only thing that really bottlenecked me was 8GB RAM.

Seems a bit expensive just for one specific task

Apple is all about the design, right? Well I don't think computer equipment should be shaped like body parts. I think people who want the sensation that someone is touching them when they are using computers have mental issues.

>a fairly cheap upgrade to ensure that your workflow doesn't stutter.

Don't forget the $10,000 sprinker system for your home so that your entire house doesn't catch fire when the iGrill does.

Realistically, over one summer I'll have thousands of images to sift through and edit. That takes months as I spend a good amount of time (>1h) on like 5-10% of my photos.

The computer would also be for general use.

I mean, people spend $1500 on a gaming PC that they upgrade every 3-5 years then spend hundreds each year on AAA titles and on random things like upgraded GPU.

Are macfags more power autist than a normal Sup Forums user? This image proves it

>First r*ddit paragraph
So it could be done faster without a Mac or cheaper
>Second
Pretty sure every computer is
>Third
I mean, people spend $4000 on a iMac that they replace every year then spend hundreds getting Tyrone to cuck them and on random things like dragon dildos.
Also who actually buys games and is not a normie let alone hundreds?
I honestly don't know anyone that still buys games especially single player games for PC

same place the imacs 10bit panel is

MACTODDLERS BTFO

OP, they are wonderful and YOU should buy one.

Now fuck off to Mac forums. See how easy that was?

Really makes you think...

>8 cans monster
RIP

Lenovo workstation don't begin used by gamers usually engineer, engineer making more graphic design and need nvidia quadro card plus resistent laptop.

OK buy Mac, but LR and PS begin more fast on Windows, I use Mac/Linux but windows is fast on it.

>huge bezels and chin
>glossy display
>can't be used a standalone monitor

Just get a Mac mini when they eventually get upgraded.

I remember the story, he was an actual autist.