Affinity Graphic Design Software

What does Sup Forums think about Affinity? Has Adobe finally met a formidable competitor?

>Affinity Photo, professional image editor
affinity.serif.com/photo/

>Affinity Designer, professional vector editor
affinity.serif.com/designer/

>Affinity Publisher, professional desktop publishing software (beta coming soon)

>only $49.99 for each
>no required Creative Cloud-like subscription service, just buy it once and that's it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZPGBaaAVwk
wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Multipage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Has Adobe finally met a formidable competitor?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

No.

t. ADF

>No Linux support

No. Free and Open Source tools are Adobe's only competition.

Affinity design begins worst illustrator CS2 or Freehands, a lot bugs.

>Free and Open Source tools

It hasn't even been three years since their first release and they've already far surpassed GIMP and Inkscape. They have stuff that GIMP's roadmap says are still a couple years away.

I have been waiting for YEARS for features like CMYK support, non-destructive editing tools (adjustment layers, layer styles, smart filters, editable rotated text, etc) in GIMP and artboard support in both GIMP and Inkscape, and Affinity just comes out and delivers all of that and more in just a fraction of the time.

this.
and this.

Adobe Creative Cloud is actually amazing. Worth every penny. And it's actually not that expensive if you work as a graphical designer.

And if you are a hobbyiest or semi-pro - GIMP and Inkscape (please, make GPU work!) are very capable editors in their own right. Plus, they are free as in free speech.

probably not, because photoshop has the legacy of being photoshop

That's fine, and I agree with you that GIMP's development is slow. Hopefully with the increase of things like patreon support we'll see more rapid releases, and I can see people stop bitching about non destructive editing as the only thing holding them back from switching.

But what I'm personally interested in is the long term, and file formats with open standards, so that in 40 years when you need to open a file made now, it'll be possible. I don't trust Microsoft, Adobe or any other large company to actually supply documentation about their file formats, because they purposely obfuscate shit so it doesn't work on competition.

>free as in free speech
So, they're dead? When dis happen?

>Illustrator
>Designer
Inkscape is better

>No
Adobe only has Photoshop and After Effects. That's it. As soon as capable alternatives pop-up, it's over for Adobe' media empire.

>Just lumps Inkscape with GIMP as if by association, Inkscape is shit
>No proof
>Can easily find proof that Inkscape is better than Illustrator by miles
Retard

I like Inkscape, but the fact that they're bound to the SVG specification and for this reason can't implement support for multiple artboards like Illustrator makes me sad. :(

Layer management in Inkscape could use some work. Using the XML browser to manage individual objects within a layer feels overwhelming. I definitely prefer the way Illustrator handles layers.

I wouldn't be surprised if other open source editors surpass gimp in functionality, from what I've heard the codebase is hard to refactor to add new features

what are multiple art boards?

>can't even make decent logos
>competitor to Adobe

>hi guis i was born in 2000 have no clue what im talking about lmao

To be honest, its probably better that Adobe has some new competition then none at all, but in the end its just more proprietary software and file formats.

Prettymuch every designer I know is completely dependent on InDesign. It is a shame Scribus is not anywhere near a viable replacement :(

Really what we need is an Emacs of visual design software. Every tool, every plugin would be a installable package that can be modified or removed, new ones written and installed. All packaged up a bit like Atom so its easy to configure.

>"LOL I'll call him names. That will surely prove that Adobe is king
>Being an Adumbe retard

lol, something like emacs, but not like emacs, like atom instead

Basically multiple canvases/pages in a single document. Very useful for projects.

youtube.com/watch?v=cZPGBaaAVwk

Inkscape almost got support for it, but they had to scrap it when W3C subsequently removed it from the upcoming next version of the SVG spec.

wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Multipage

cheers

>>"LOL I'll call him names. That will surely prove that Adobe is king
he memes as he proceeds to call him names

>using photoshop for anything other than photo manipulating in the current year
lmaoing at all these Sup Forumsesigners

What about 3D textures?

i guess i was trying to say that people STILL do this in photoshop when fucking figma in your browser is a billion times faster AND lets you prototype it