Folding Keyboard

Does anyone use a folding keyboard for thier phone or tablets? Are they any good? Any recomendations or are they a total meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dodocool-Adapter-Delivery-Ethernet-Chromebook/dp/B06X9DGV4X
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_City_Corporation#Bankruptcy_and_liquidation
cy384.com/projects/palm-keyboard.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never found a good one.

This interests me as well.

holy shit id use a folding keyboard as my main keyboard

are you typing essays on your phone?

Bumping for interest.
The closest thing I've found to portable keyboard are the shitty rubber little chink keyboards or le "ergonomic" multi-board keyboards.

I've bought a few of the cheap chink portable ones. Right now I have a portable logitech one. I plug my phone in to a TV, then use a keyboard, mouse, and controller with it. It's easier than dragging a laptop with me on trips.

Can you gib link?

amazon.com/dodocool-Adapter-Delivery-Ethernet-Chromebook/dp/B06X9DGV4X
Works fairly well with Android on a Pixel.

Thanks mate.

I haven't tried the ethernet, doubt it would work, but Android supports tons of peripherals and USB drives if you have the right adapter to plug them in. I've been using Xbox 360 controllers with Android for emulators for years.

Only shame is no PS/2 port.

depends on whos asking

You a PS/2 purist? My favorite keyboard is one that has a DIN connector that predated PS2, I use an adapter. It's an ancient mechanical keyboard that came with a 386.

Ah, I enjoy PS/2 keyboards, but my love for PS/2 comes from my love for old school trackballs.
The speed you get with PS/2, while not that noticeable, is still observable during certain types of activity.

Actually, I wanted a refresh of the experiences I had, so I bought a chink trackball, PS/2, and so far it feels god-tier.
Pic related.

Nice. I think I have a trackball in a closet somewhere. It might have gone with my old Amiga, but I'm not sure. I'm incapable of throwing old tech away so I have a closet filled top to bottom with stuff that goes back to my first computer, a 286 with two 5.25" floppy drives and no HDD.

I take that link back, that one doesn't work with phones. Just look for any hub that supports USB OTG.

Hah, same here.
I simply cannot throw away used things, even if they're borderline broken. I fix what I can, and even if I can't fix it, I always keep it regardless.
Can you post pic of 286? I haven't known many owners of them.
Here's another shot of the trackball, box this time, it got pretty beat up.

It's buried out in the attic in my garage, but I'll get you a shot of the 386 if you are interested in that.

I believe this were good. Maybe hard to find now and it's not wireless and not usb.

They are on Amazon for $9, anyway to get them to connect to USB or is it a proprietary serial port?

Here's the 386.
I haven't booted it up in a while, but I think it's a 20Mhz model with 2Mb of Ram and a 40Mb HDD. Has Windows 3.0 and DOS 5 installed.

Ah, very nice, did it work fine last time you booted it?

It works like a champ, even to this day. I have some 500mb hard drives that still work just fine. I have a SATA hot swap deal on the case I have now and a SATA-IDE adapter so I can pull things off of them. Hardware is pretty indestructible so long as you don't break something yourself. My HTPC is an ancient i3 Micro ATX setup that I've had for 10 years.

Surprisingly enough, I've never had a hard drive die for me, have you ever had any hard drive problems with your other systems?
I had one hard drive die on an Acer Aspire, however that was mainly due to neglect on my side.

Sorry, I meant to fix that, the Acer Aspire came used and I neglected it, **, and while it had already some drive problems, my neglect probably made it worse. So in a sense it was dying by the time I got it, although it still boots.

i hated the keyboards that used this connector. they break really easily.

I've had one or two die on me over the years, but they are in the minority. Usually the freezer trick keeps it alive long enough to get what you need off of it. I think I've lost 4-5 in my life, and it's usually pretty obvious that it's going before it does.
I have lost 1 SSD so far, and I've only owned a couple of those. In that case it just got so incredibly slow I replaced it and lost nothing.
That's why they're obsolete

Here's one of my old hard drive drawers. They all still work just fine.

Did you ever have any troubles with finding old components?
It took me almost six months to find a replacement drive for the Aspire, by which point I found out that it also had a broken fan blade, and I yet have to find a replacement one.
They've been spaced out by simpler and more reliable ports, but from a speed perspective they're still the king in terms of raw input processing. I like them because of the experiences I've had with PS/2 devices.
>IBM model M
>Countless trackballs
>Microsoft PS/2 mouse
And keep in mind, I used all of these after 2005, so they were obsolete by then, yet I still found them more comfy to use.

I haven't looked in a while, desu. I built myself a nice gaymen pc and that's pretty much all I've really messed with recently.
I remember having a hard time finding a sound blaster 16 Isa model a while ago, but got it on eBay. It's still in my Dos gaming machine. Circuit city was still in business when this happened to give you perspective.

I wasn't in North America back then, but I heard they were the original electronics superstore. Can they be compared to Best Buy or were they more component-focused and less pre-built focused?

They were Best Buy's chief competition. Went under in the 2004-5 timeframe? It was basically the same store as Best Buy, like Walmart and Target.

as far as I remember they used some weird serial connector. I think there's people that have succesfully modded that

Is it worth buying? Or do you think it would turn in to a 4-5 day project and not really worth it?

Huh, I thought Circuit City closed it's doors in 2009?

maybe, I know they were bought out and went online only for a few years before the brand dissapeared.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_City_Corporation#Bankruptcy_and_liquidation
Looks like it was '08.
I always like them better than Best Buy.

honestly don't know user, check on hackaday or search around, also I remember there was a wireless version of that keyboard but I don't think it used bluetooth since we are talking about old tech.

I'd imagine it's probably RF. I've been down this rabbit hole before. The hardware is probably rock solid but it isn't worth trying to get it to work on modern devices.

Sorry user, I'll probably be going off, getting late here and I've got work tomorrow.
It was a pleasure speaking to you.

Likewise, have a good day tomorrow!

You too! Night!

user, check the
>EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard
Looks like something worth to look for if you want a portable usable keyboard, also with bluetooth

I'm going to have a look, thanks. Seems like something I would get some use out of.

Well, I just bought one, hope it works out.

you can always make a new thread later down the road to complain.
Hope that's not the case.

Nah, that's not how I roll. I think it was like $30, I'm thinking I'll get my money's worth out of it. I like the idea, though, thanks for the suggestion.

The serial port is nonstandard but the protocol is something regular- I think it's rs232. Didn't have too much difficulty soldering up some cables.

I think I might give it a shot if doesn't work out.

This should help you out cy384.com/projects/palm-keyboard.html

its a meme and yuour a dumb cia nigger