Has your country ever been ruled by a dictator?

Has your country ever been ruled by a dictator?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k-s51B66Sl4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yea, it was cool.
I didnt know Abraham was a dictator tho. Yea, brazilian education.

Yeah, the best one of 20th century latin america.

Also, best dictator was pic related

Good dictators
Bad dictators
Single party state
A maniac
And an absolute moron

i thought dracula was romanian?

Abraham wasn't a dictator, he was legitimately elected.

They be saying like it isn't
but it do

it's not a single motherfucker but a conglomerate of thousand members families

>lincoln
>dictator
>t.southcuck

We are currently at the mercy of this guy.

Let the world know, I might get V& for this post

Yes, people in Russia aknowledge only dictators.

Multiple ones actually

He is up to something
I recomend you lay an eye on your gold user

FDR

Yes, one of the most powerful persons in 20th centure, guy with steel nuts

Why did you start a dictator thread with his pic then

RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DO NOT TALK SHIT ABOUT VARGAS

Because I'm not the one that started the thread.

OP is a butthurt Southfag.

Díaz was an absolute cunt. People defending any kind of dictatorship has no fucking idea of what it is to live in one. It somehow reminds me of the edgy cunts that want to have a zombie apocalipse or something like that because "it seems fun".

OP is probably a southern cuck who's going to inevitably point to Lincoln suspending Habeas Corpus even though the constitution allowed him to do so as we were in the middle of a war.

He's also going to ignore the fact that Lincoln was elected TWICE.

He wasn't. OP is probably a butthurt redneck.

>inb4 edgy fags post Bush or Obama

I agree with you

Lincoln did all of the following:

1. Destroyed the US Constitution
2. Started an illegal war on American citizens
3. Got 600,000 people killed
4. Reduced entire states to waste
5. Urinated on states rights

Old people said he was nice

Diaz industrialized and modernized Mexico at a huge toll in human life. The lower classes were essentially slaves and all wealth owned by the small ruling elite as Mexico was turned into a source of raw materials for the US and Europe.

Good.

>2. Started an illegal war on American citizens
As a confederate flag loving southern I can tell you honestly we fired the first shot.

Daiz?

>no fucking idea of what is is to live in one
Well, if you're not a commie you REALLY shouldnt have any problems, so... enjoy your economic growth and live peacefully, that's how it is.

no, never

no

we still have one for 5 more months

>Destroyed the US Constitution
By following it?

>Started an illegal war on American citizens
The constitution has provisions for dealing with traitors (hint - they get the death penalty)

>Got 600,000 killed
>Reduced entire states to waste
Southern cucks started a war. You reap what you sow, motherfucker.

>Urinated on states rights
Are you going to argue that the states have the right to own and sell human beings as property? Because that's what the confederates fought for. The confederate government was even more centralized and imposing than the one in Washington.

t. Southerner who's tired of your bullshit

t. butthurt southcuck

I see that this good man should have done an even better job.

youtube.com/watch?v=k-s51B66Sl4

no

Dictators can be elected.

The suspension of Habeas Corpus was unconstitutional and Supreme Court Justice Taney wrote to Lincoln informing him of that. He did not budge from his position.

Lincoln called up about 75k militia and ordered a blockade of Southern ports. This violates the constitution because this is an act of war, something that only congress can do. Then he called for about 40k volunteers to serve for three years, even though Congress has the right to raise armies not the president under the constitution. Even the Empancipation Proclamation can be argued to be of dubious constitutionality. He further violated the freedoms of speech and the press by ordering newspaper printers jailed

Lincoln himself declared "that the American people will, by means of military arrests during the rebellion, lose the right of public discussion, the liberty of speech and the press, the law of evidence, trial by jury, and Habeas Corpus, throughout the indefinite peaceful future "

He stepped all over the constitution for the sake of preserving the federal government and forcing South Carolina et al to remain in the Union. Since the Civil War those states have done nothing but drag us down and they have never recovered their antebellum prosperity. It's a mutually negative relationship that should have never been preserved for so long, especially at the cost of so many lives.

Democracy is a tyranny of the masses

Why didnt you let them leave though?

They declared independence like you did to the Brits.

Because it would harm our economy

That doesnt sound like they cared about freedom at all.

not for very long :^)

It was a completely different situation, bro. The southern states had full representation (probably more than the northern states because of the 3/5ths compromise as a matter of fact), and didn't even have to get rid of slavery. They just preemptively chimped out because they thought Lincoln was going to free their slaves.

With Britain, we were fighting to get a say in our own affairs. Southerners had that from the beginning.

ahaha boob lmao

Thats bullshitarguing though, doesn't matter if they were mroally "right" as this is debatable in allmost all cases.

The question is, was it LEGAL to do that for them?

Yes

It was legal to secede?

Then it is clear who was a dick and who wasn't.

North: Dickss

South: Also Dicks, but should have been allowed to go.

No, it was illegal to secede. The North's response was legal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White

2 dictators plus general who make coups from time to time.

>Southerner who's tired of your bullshit

lol sure, more likely

>yankee transplant who couldn't afford rent up north

I bet you live in a city and your parents weren't even born here.

Texas v. White is some shit and contradicted pretty much every southern law textbook written before the war. The legality of secession was not at all a settled question until that SCOTUS case and their opinion was balls anyways. Do you really think they'd declare secession legal after 600,000 people had just died in order to prevent it?

I was born here and have lived in the south my entire life. I also grew up in the countryside.

Although I do live in a city now.

Only Vargas really.

Miliary Govt wasn't a dictatorship since the congress aloowed and power was passed.

the south could legally secede, but the north could legally not recognize them as a state. and the south attacked a union fort in the south and rallied the north against them.

also as the union was under no obligation to recognize secession, once they attacked a union fort they were all legally traitors to the US

Soeharto did nothing wrong.

Pretty sure that fort attack was bs like the gulf of Tonkin

Don't worry, the rest of the South hates Georgia, too.
t. LA

Based Abe. Stupid fucking degenerate drunkard rebs killing great men out of butthurt. You're still weighing us down today.

Fort Sumter wasn't some 20th century sneak attack with plausible deniability for the attackers though. The commander of the Union garrison exchanged messages with the Confederate commander during the siege.

Also, the rebs took a fucking photo of them claiming it.

No. The bottom line is, slavery was against the constitution. The only reason it was ever allowed was because southerners would have chimped out and fought for the brits if their right to have their wives bred by the bbc was put in jeopardy. Jefferson and everyone else of good conscience wanted to destroy it from the start. The southerners were a bunch of aristocratic tools trying to hang on to an outdated aristocratic society at the expense of other human beings' rights. When northerners dared to elect someone who was willing to call it out for the perverted bullshit that it was, they chimped out preemptively and got their shit pushed in. They weren't morally or legally in the right and they didn't have the strength to achieve victory for their cause. Petulant children and crybabies through and through. Feel no pity for these foolish cretins. Just look at them and laugh.

Lincoln wasn't a dictator, and arguing he was one just makes you look like a retard

Why not just start your thread with "Historical figures you don't like" instead of this retarded pretense

Oh right

>Americans

Right now 2bh

We had one before it was cool

Yes,its Tsai ,a populist whore.

Fuck off, flyover void.

nah...

Yes.

> Napoléon
> Dictator

Sérieusement, on voit bien le mec qui n'y connait pas grand chose en histoire.