Ruby package "FactoryGirl" renamed because of "Girl"; shit breaks

So this person complained that the FactoryGirl Ruby gem was called "FactoryGirl". The maintainers tried to protest, but soon gave in. Then they renamed the gem, its classes and the repos DISREGARDING SEMVER and a bunch of code broke. Fucking Ruby community.

github.com/thoughtbot/factory_bot/issues/921

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tastycode
github.com/thoughtbot/factory_bot/issues/921
crystal-lang.org/2016/12/29/crystal-new-year-resolutions-for-2017-1-0.html
slashdot.org/story/14/04/22/0252213/github-founder-resigns-following-harassment-investigation
github.com/thoughtbot/factory_bot/issues/1055
naldzgraphics.net/11-reasons-why-white-spaces-are-good-in-graphic-design/
boagworld.com/design/why-whitespace-matters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oh

The problem with that type of attention seeking whores, is that you niggers tend to reply to them.
Delete their posts, send a mail to explain they have been banned (basically: go fuck yourself), and make the world a better place.

This.

Never negotiate with a terrorist

>I personally found this issue when cleansing a code-base of unnecessarily gendered class and variable names.

does github get involved if you tell sjw's to fuck off on github?

github.com/tastycode

LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT
EWWWWW

Yes

no, but twitter does

> The woman I was working with didn't explicitly say that she felt uncomfortable (people almost never do), but my subjective impression was that she felt uncomfortable. I also felt uncomfortable.

I had to make ruby project last sem and I had noticed that and thought how SJWs allowed it to exist. Kinda makes me feel like it is a reminder that these menacing demons exists. Wheww.

>I don’t speak for all women, just myself- but this seems potentially overblown. If you want to rename please just 1st make sure that this is actually something that makes women uncomfortable and that the folks (none who are women) in this thread are not projecting discomfort.
>There is real, honest, awful sexism in tech, but this is not it.
>The origins of the name, if anything, have roots in empowering women economically. Maybe throw something in the readme to highlight that.

>Don't worry, I'll feel this out for you
How do these people not realize they are a walking meme?

>github.com/thoughtbot/factory_bot/issues/921
lol

based

this is pretty funny

>yfw you aren't a Ruby dev

t o p l e l

>ruby
Deprecated by Perl 6

Elixir, because Ruby is mostly a webdev language, and Crystal for command line utilities.

Is Crystal usable now?

>giving a shit about the opinions of a gremlin
>fixing what isn't broken

Yes, except on Windows.

crystal-lang.org/2016/12/29/crystal-new-year-resolutions-for-2017-1-0.html

l i t e r a l l y s h a k i n g

I wish they would incorporate a new garbage collector. Focusing on Windows support seems like such a waste of time for this project

Why is this person so offended by girls? I didn't think that GitHub's community allowed people to be openly misogynistic

I may have to deal with legacy Java systems that break, faulty deploy scripts that fuck up JMS, and every manner of retarded error under the sun, but at least my coworkers are capable.

It is offended by genders that aren't neuter.

That's anti-feminist

>assuming assumee's assumptions

>github.com/thoughtbot/factory_bot/issues/921
>Unfortunately, the software industry is also a male-dominated environment, and it's widely acknowledged that tech has a serious diversity problem.
>and it's widely acknowledged that tech has a serious diversity problem.
>tech has a serious diversity problem.
>diversity problem.
>problem.

Is he a white knight or retarded?

Maybe it is time for a post-women feminism.

>Maybe it is time for a post-women feminism.
Yes

>Is he a white knight or retarded?
Also yes

Jesus Christ stop letting these fucks dictate everything, stop listening to their bullshit and empty threats. This is why we’re losing everything to these rats.

Half these sjw's work at Github. The place has a long term reputation for supporting and enforcing this bullshit.

I would say "just use Gitlab" but the monoculture has gotten so horrible job recruiters think you can't code unless you use one particular git host.

Just plain retarded.
Obviously never had to live next to a Jamal, and thinks any social studies major can be fluent in C++ tomorrow

Why didn't they rename it factoryboy?

>ruby
And an individual biological output was not confirmed in that time period

>empty threats
They aren't exactly empty. They can get you fired.

>monoculture
Sad, but true. The best solution at the moment is to use GitLab or Gogs for development and mirror everything on GitHub.

>most upvoted comment is a woman saying sissy is overreacting and completely ignoring context
>breaking changes get implemented anyway
I hate the pussy's that give in to this shit more than the sjw's demanding it.

>Ruby
>Not seeing this coming.

And nothing of value was lost.

There's a 50/50 chance of you just getting straight banned from the site if you let one of these human roaches complain to github staff.

The only way to win is to delete their issues, DO NOT give them the attention they want, that's how they thrive.

wouldn't want wrong think politics touching their résumé filler project. most big tech companies are of the San-Fag variety, so either bend the knee to the socjus religion or become a pariah.

won't be long before every open source project worthwhile has purity testing and wrong think purging happening. these people destroy everything they touch.

Oh man I thought you were just making that quote up.

patriarchy

Completely ignore them, do not invite them inside your house. Anything you say can and will be used against you, so the only way to win is not to play.

How could this happen? Why did the Ruby community became so toxic compared to the other programming languages?

This is far from unique to Ruby, but being popular with webdevs and being an easy language to learn and use, it will attract more sjw

basically everything that starts with a R is shit now

Fuck you R is only used by statistics who don't give a shit about anything but numbers and graphs.

What about R?

i obviously meant coding languages that start with the letter R, not R itself

You obviously meant the only two languages beginning with R you had ever heard of, Ruby and rust.

Fuck you, don't pull Red and Rebol into your SJW shit.

This.

The fucking irony is, the more you listen to them, the more shit you get from them. Google tried to empower those with their "women in tech" program and gut sued.

It's sad to say, but you must not give those people an inch. Because it's not about sexism in any way, it's only about gaining personal advantage for them. You must understand that, because there is no way to do it right:

>FactoryGuy
"Oooh, so sexist!!! Guy are working and women are at home, looking for the children, eh?"

>FactoryGirl
"Oooh, so sexist!!! The name is trying to seek attention and makes me soo uncomfortable!"

>FactoryChild
"Oh no, are you really saying child work is OK, you first word asshole?"

>FactoryBot
"Yeah, nice way to dehumanize work. How many people lost their jobs because it was automated? How dare you chosing such a name?"

..you get the point.

Perl has nothing on Ruby.
Ruby = Perl + Python + Lisp + Smalltalk + (...)

Oh well, is the "Master/Slave" thing of Django any better?

Every language with low entry barriers gets attacked why SJWs nowadays. The goal is always personal advantage ("I am the creator of the code of conduct of blablabla"). And the strategy is always the same:
1) Try to seek through code or libraries until you found something which is related to genders in any kind.
2) Throw shit at them by saying it makes you feel uncomfortable and it is a flaming example of sexism. You don't even need logical reasoning here, just trash talk.
2a) They do not give in --> Nice! A reason for a shit storm. Just blog how sexists this company/developers are and invite some other bitches to follow your example
2b) They give in --> Nice! You just made a valuable contribution to the project for you to put on you C.V.

The trick is to always have the moral high ground. For every sane person that says "But this is not sexism, issue closed, user banned." there are legions of idiots who try to give in.

Recently I was corrected at work for calling Servers slaves when they are Jenkins build slaves, the terminology used within Jenkins itself.

>let's just call it factory!
That's stupid poltical capitalist pig mansplaining do you know how many kids die in africa becuase they make tshirts for nike?

I'm ready for sexbots. Women are a nothing but a fucking career ending liablity waiting to happen if they decide to "feel harrassed" or "feel offended". Anyone who hires a woman for any job in $currentYear is asking for trouble. These fucking cunts can just claim sexual harrassment without any evidence and your career and life is ruined. This scenario is what got one of githubs founders removed so that the sjw feminist cancer could fully infect github.

slashdot.org/story/14/04/22/0252213/github-founder-resigns-following-harassment-investigation

>women being empowered economically so they can fuck chads and tyrone until they're in their mid 30s, have one autistic child, get government support instead of marrying and growing old, lonely and addicted to red-wine is based.

This has happened before with someone "contributing" by renaming all the slave master terminology for literally no reason. This was I think 2015?

>github.com/thoughtbot/factory_bot/issues/1055
>schneems commented 17 hours ago
>Wanted to chime in and say I like the name change. I’ve also written a bunch on versioning and deprecations. In the future I think these might be of some use:

Wtf are these people?

incompetent and insane

you'll find they almost never contribute actual code to anything

Github was a mistake

>other people are productive
>this cunt wades through code to find stuff to get artificially offended by so she can attentionwhore on github

Why are people like this allowed?

Time to rename girlwhocode and geekgirlfeminist.

>replace girl with bot everywhere
I see what they did there.

what the fuck is wrong with your font

Can someone tell me why removing "girl" from the name isn't negatively affecting the representation of women in open source projects?

With this one change we have established:
- Girls aren't allowed to work in factories.
- Girls aren't allowed to be mentioned in project names.

What a waste of time.

>mfw no face

C:\Windows\System32\logman.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spaceman.exe
C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe

Overall Microsoft avoids gender-sensitive names.

C:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe
C:\Windows\System32\PkgMgr.exe
C:\Windows\System32\Taskmgr.exe
C:\Windows\System32\tpmvscmgr.exe
C:\Windows\System32\wermgr.exe
C:\Windows\System32\wiaacmgr.exe

Next up:
>'Female' and 'Male' connectors are now to be called 'Innies' and 'Outies'

I do _NOT_ understand why people give in.
You either are a literal beta cuck faggot or you have no reason to even reply to such thing.

JUST
DON'T
EVEN
ENGAGE

Delete issue, until she/her/xir/they/mir/fyr/mer/zer/xey/oy/vey gets tired and stops posting.

But man is short for manager...

>mfw ThotBot

Just look at this subtle dig he has at her.

>MANager

>replacing 'girl' everywhere with 'bot'
Nice foreshadowing

this spacing is fucking awful
you're wasting so much room, stop the reddit spacing please

What basically said is
>Ignore me, I'm a phoneposter!

no im not on phone, it still is a huge waste of space and it's painful to read. what's the reason for using so much room?

>calling it reddit spacing

Well.

Err..

No.

How about "go fuck yourself", my man?

well memed friend

>naldzgraphics.net/11-reasons-why-white-spaces-are-good-in-graphic-design/
>boagworld.com/design/why-whitespace-matters/

>whitespace gives emphasis to content
when you abuse whitespace this much in a single post, i don't know what he's trying to put emphasis on

>it was real in my mind

If you weren't an autist, you'd notice it's actually easier on the eyes.
Well, you will notice in ten years.

Bet you like tiny fonts and garbage WMs too.

that's not the point im making. to make it clear next time, use your own points rather than linking to blogs that explain it for you.
it's a complete waste of space to use that much. i can accept it if it's done to space it out into paragraphs, but when each point is seperated by this much room, it just isn't needed.
you don't need to resort to using insults either, it's ok to lose

This is my first paragraph.
It only considers a small introduction of my thoughts to this topic.

In this paragraph I want to talk about a different point, though. Therefore I added an empty line in front of it, to make it a single paragraph to indicate that it is a "logical unit", so to say.

However.
This is a different thought, so it does deserve it's own line.

Last but not least:
-this is a number of bullet points
-they are equally important
-so they get a new line
-each of them

>some g
reen text for showing off my Sup Forums power user skills here

Haha, did you see this?
I just added a funny remark at the end of my post.. :^)

Fucking pussies.
I've worked on s/w where the dude who made tye library plus scripts to distribute batch jobs based on root, named the program bjob.
So you literally wrote
And i know there was and a bjobs program to dispatch many of them simultaneously.
Letting wymin into something is going to ruin that something...not because wymin are bad, but because a great % of them love to play it victims...and that's how all thise crap happens.

Someone should complain about pythons factoryboy and see what happens

And .bro was supposed to be a browser file type extension, but that didn't stop some pussies complaining about the sexist sounding extension.

Do it.

>complain about pythons factoryboy
>What's wrong with it?
>it makes me horny