What do you expect top of the line consumer technology to look like in 2027? (Ten years from now)

(Ten years from now)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qSBAunYna5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I expected to be even worse with even more functionality removed for the sake of (((ease-of-use.)))

I think there will be a few even more powerful people (those building AI-based empires) and consumers will have less and less say in anything.

Look at artificial smart phone demands. They initially marketed them as, "phones are getting smaller! isn't this amazing, doesn't everyone want a small phone? Smaller tech is the future!" and then it just bounced back to "large screens are the future, everyone should want a large screen".

No one is caring or listening to what kind of functionality people need to make their lives better. We're just being told X is a feature we want, and then people crowd. AR emojis? Really? that's what we're doing with this technology when our oceans are full of trash? fuck outta here.

Technocratic dictatorship when?

>walking a robot dog
for what reason

>I think there will be a few even more powerful people (those building AI-based empires) and consumers will have less and less say in anything.

This.

youtu.be/qSBAunYna5Y

Who cares, let's just pray that crispr will lead us to genetic engineering and that cyberbrains become a thing

>letting yourself get copied before death
I suppose at least your accomplishments will continue even if the real you isn't around to witness it forever until the end of the universe and then forever onwards nothingness.

Why copy? Just stop aging?

>Self-driving cars will be purchasable, but very expensive
>phones will have changed little overall, but will have some more advanced minor features like more storage, better audio tech, improved cameras, etc.
>gaming won't have changed much. A single new generation of consoles will be released that will probably be digital download only with near PC graphics performance. PC graphics will have higher frame rates and resolutions, but ultimately studios will not invest the amount of time needed to push much further beyond current graphics tech
>voice control and IoT of everything will be ubiquitous, every appliance in the house will connect to the internet and integrate with alexa and google home. Apple will release a standalone alexa competitor, people will fall over themselves to buy it
>best buy will file for chapter 11

I think that after solving entropy all matter in the universe should become part of a neural net superstructure running on fusion/physics magic.

Imagine every individual living until the end of time, thinking, joining with other minds and doing whatever they wanted (with safeguards to prevent destroying the net, of course.) There would be no death. No purposelessness of existence due to it's inevitable end, only endless joy and experience, truly the entire universe experiencing itself.

>Self-driving cars will be purchasable, but very expensive
Uhh Tesla's aren't expensive right now buddo. Unless you're poor/unmotivated

>wake up at 6AM martian time
>see my smartwatch, smartnecklace and smartglasses aren't charged, forgot to charge them when I went to sleep
>fml rite
>put those to charge
>pop a breakfast pill
>after 5 mins devices are charged
>go to work with electric self driving car
>read news on my way to work
>"IPhone 19 released, no screen, no buttons, no ports , no battery. $10K"
>lol apple fags
>go to my cubicle, put lenovo thinkpad X1 carbon 7th gen in dock
>everyone has shitty macbooks with LiFi charging and 8K screens. Hahaha loosers spend 150K while I only spent 3K on my dankpad
>work till 10PM (new murican laws)
>buy lunch with donaldcoin on my way home
>eat gluten-free free-range soy-free non-gmo salad (150$)
>get my car stolen, fml didn't even see who stole it
>ssh into my car from my Pixel 8 XL 2 1TB space gray
>disable car and get gps location
>get donaldtaxi to car
>pay ransom because the car drove itself to car part shop (car was hacked)
>ransom was in bitcoin cash
>finally drive home without self-driving, GPS or yahoo music
>watch (((reddit))) a bit and then go to Verizonchan.org/g/
>FML living in 2027 can be hard.

Top of the line tech right there

>safeguards

Careful there.

well, if we look at what we had 10 years ago ... probably shitty iphones and androids and even less usable notebooks.
it's like the last 10 years were a lost decade concerned with making shit tech even more shitty and adding normie-support to everything

what if the technocrats are bluepilles SJW manchild idiots and mandate everyone to use Macbooks?

Why don't you have one then user?

Now that you mention it, you're right. What is that idiot doing? Getting a robo dog seems like the choice if you live in an urban environment where you can't take it for walks.

>implying you can drive in Martian gravity
Fucking Sup Forumstards I swear.

>vidrelated
normiecide when? also check'd

everything will be in the cloud

10 years isn't very far away so there won't be any major differences. We're going to see 00s-themed "nostalgia" pandering soon so the mixture of that and potential protests against flat UIs could mean glossy UIs might come back.

I believe that wouldn't fit the definition of technocracy. But what do I know?

Aloha reddit-san!

>place VR goggles over eyes
>tearfully watch my waifu reach out to me one last time
>knelt down to the chopping block
>Ra'id lifts his scimitar.

Really great, no motion sickness at all.