HDDs are fragile pieces of shit

>HDDs are fragile pieces of shit
>SSDs are fucking expensive

Everything is expensive if you're poor.

>HDDs are fragile

are you playing fucking baseball with them? they sit in your computer how do you even break them?

this. HDDs last for a really long time and SSDs stop working really fast so SSDs are the fragile ones

>bought 12 seagates and 6 WD hdds in 2012
>All seagates are dead or too risky to put data on due to failure and 5 WD are still alive

>HDD STRONK!

You are as useless as ever Mr. G

From my experience, hard drives slowly croak and gives you enough time back up data before it finally dies

Meanwhile SSDs just immediately die without warning. One day it's doing fine then the next the max write speeds are 2MB/s

I've built many computers for myself since 2002 and not once has an HDD failed on me. The one time I buy an SSD (2009, OCZ Vertex), it fails on me. My current PC has an HDD only.

Then use eMMC

the easy solution is to stop being so poor

He's probably underage.

And SSDs can't effectively be shredded

*suddenly dies*

am I the only one who's never had a hard drive fail? Did I curse myself saying this?

Don't jinx it bub

How long your seagates lasted? Mine are going for the third year and i'm really considering buying some WD to move my files

2794GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1CH166 (SATA)
Over 4 years here

HDDs for storage, SSDs for system and programs. Also only SSDs for laptops since they can take more shocks.
I thought SSDs stop being able to write much faster than they stop being able to read, so you can always copy the data out of it after it fails.

SSDs don't "stop working really fast". They're gonna last you at least as long as an HDD would unless you're writing to them literally non-stop, 24/7.

>have seagate hdd for over 3 years
>makes a grinding noise sometimes when I click on something or move the mouse
The fuck is wrong with those things?

backup data now or live to regret it

Changed my life.

I have nowhere to back my data up. Would it be efficient to create multiple google accounts, and put the data in password-protected archives?

Hdds and ssds both have major weaknesses.
For example in a hot country hdds will last half the time someone from a cold country would.
I my self own a wd and seagate and both hsve lasted me for very long time but then again i'm whiting on them24/7 with small files. The problem happenes when you erase and install or use them in a raid because your using writes on all the raid drived. Not a good idea if you sre poor like me.

Buy a 1TB 5400RPM HDD for $45 and use that.

Is it worth getting an SSD card ontop of a HDD?

WTF is an ssd card?
You mean an sshd/hybrid drive?
No fuck those
Or do you mean having an hdd and an ssd in the same system?
If it's the latter and it's not a laptop then 100%

Yes sorry, I meant having a SSD with a HDD in the same system.

If I do decide to go ahead with it, I can just install it and that's it? i'm not the best with computers and my friend said I should back up my shit if I decide to put the SSD drive in.

SSD cards are SSDs that go into the PCI-E card slots.

My 2 seagate from 2008 is still working

>has never had a HDD in a laptop

i have are you playing football with your laptop? are you not treating it delicately?