Fluent English speakers in your country

Alright, tell me honeslty, what are the chances of going outside in your country and meeting a random person fluent in English? Excluding places of tourist attraction, including only areas, where you'd not encounter foreigners on a daily basis.

People from Anglo countries need not reply.

not very likely

90% if just don't run into grannies or Italian tourists.

Probably about 80%

In southern California there is like a 50% chance that any random person only speaks spanish

depends
about %80 i guess

Mexicans and shieet invading your clay?
Hard to believe that there are THAT many of them though.

Fluent - 10%
Conversationable - 50%

Below 0,5%.

In Russia the chance is very low for suburbs.

Once I met some British guy, who was searching for some business building in deep Moscow South-West.
Literally no foreigners here, it was actually a miracle, that he accidently stumbled across me.

Define fluent.
If you apply a strict definition, even among young people it's quite low, no more than 10%.
Some basic skills just to ask simple things I'd say 50%.
Older people: 1%.

Something like this, probably fewer fluent, more conversables

Around 15% or something, also depends on the region. If you are going to Moscow or Saint Petersburg it rises to about 40% chance to meet someone fluent. If you are going to Caucasus, Syberia or region like that... Well, you know, it will be better to find someone before you go.

Hmm... Let's say "fluent" within this thread will be defined as B1 level.

B1 doesn't even remotely mean fluent in its original sense, however that is close to what I actually ment.

Meeting a person, capable of grasping a common concept or a problem, told in English.

very unlikely

Below 35: About 80%

Above 35: About 15%

Maybe a little below that, but this has been my experience.

Surprisingly low. I thought that after 11 years of studying English in high school people would be able to hold a basic conversation in English.
Last summer I worked at a supermarket and I ended up being a part-time interpreter because the boss and my other co-workers couldn't explain the other workers what to do.

it's actually lower than 99% or 100% as you'd think

Does ebonics count as English? Cause of so then 100%

If you speak with young people, 50/50 I guess

If you speak with old people, I guess winning the lottery would be easier than finding someone who says a little more than "no speak english"

About 50/50 if you count quebec and the shitskins.

Shit, there are some places here in wich people dont even know spanish.

underrated

highly likely

96%
Only very recent migrants from the developing world don't speak English.
I'm a Norwegian on holiday, btw.

>If you speak with young people, 50/50 I guess

Heh, try 1/50. He said fluent.

I'd say somewhere around 20%. I live in a large city on a border state with USA and nowadays a lot of young people are bilingual.

Depends on the area of the country.
Northeast? Around 80% probability
Rest of the country is a wild guess.

I would say 25% for fluid, 66% for conversationable
>including only areas, where you'd not encounter foreigners on a daily basis.
Funfact, due to Merkels refugee policies, these areas are actually pretty hard to find

In the North it's possible
In the south, very unlikely

1-0%

Not very well in the South East.

0%
The US is 100% Mexican immigrants who only speak Spanish