/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Does the Google Pixel 2 XL have a screen burn-in problem?
androidcentral.com/google-pixel-2-xl-screen-burn

Pixel 2 XL - Green line appears on the display when pressing a certain area
youtube.com/watch?v=upLTjUzrRxw

Best Buy $250 off Note8, S8, and S8+ for ATT and Verizon
bestbuy.com/site/conditional-offers/samsung-phones-offer/pcmcat1507219279019.c?id=pcmcat1507219279019

Meizu M6 Note vs Xiaomi Mi A1: Best Budget Android Phones in 2017
youtu.be/vUwsO5ALRKY

Samsung's Note 8 feels as fast as the Pixel 2, and that's a big deal
thenextweb.com/opinion/2017/10/20/samsungs-note-8-feels-almost-as-smooth-as-the-pixel-2-and-thats-a-big-deal/

Google Pixel 2 XL vs iPhone 8 Plus Drop Test
youtu.be/hvZI8QO1QW0

HTC U11+: SD835, 4/64GB | 6/128GB, mSDXC, 6" WQHD+ LCD@ 538dpi, 12MP-f/1.7-LEDx2/8MP, 3930mAh-QC3.0, IP68, E.Sense, B.Sound
twitter.com/evleaks/status/921761852291502081

Moto X4 Android One review: A good reminder of what a great deal looks likepcworld.com/article/3233316/phones/moto-x4-android-one-review.html

old

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mia1
youtu.be/FBWvXZP_frg
amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-SM-T580NZKAXAR-10-1-Inch-Tablet/dp/B01EUC7NPI/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1508706137&sr=1-5&keywords=galaxy tab a
amazon.com/gp/product/B0171BS9CG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3GMNP3CXMIPDP&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anime tiddies on a phone

Should I do the $300 trade in thing with my v20 for a note 8?

, Bought a mi max 2

Holy shit yes cunt

Is that a limited time offer?

>Moto X4 Android One review: A good reminder of what a great deal looks like
Yep, $400 for a phone no better than the $270 G5+

So now that I have my super comfy linux laptop set up the way I like it, I'm questioning why I'm still in the Apple ecosystem. I'd like a new phone (currently iPhone SE) and my wants are:
> Good camera
> Good cellular (i tether a lot), on verizon but would prefer one that could handle GSM too
> Decent sized screen (neighborhood of 5 inches)
> No shitware and timely access to security updates

Not opposed to buying used. Can Sup Forums recommend me a phone? I havent been in the Android game for quite a while so IDK where the good shit is

>No shitware and timely access to security updates
Pixel or Pixel 2 pretty much

>Willingly giving google all of your data

user pls

Samsung has the best hardware but you'll be a bit slow on updates and patches, you'll get them eventually just not quick.

Pixel 2 or the Pixel 2 XL are your only choices for good fast software. However you'll get shit hardware this year.

So you get to choose between shit software or shit hardware. Welcome to 2017

Why is this piece of shit still $300?
specs:
Snapdragon 650
Adreno 510 gpu
3gb ram
64gb rom
5" ips 1920x1080
2620 mah non removable battery
I wanted to buy a few, but the current asking price is fucking insane for the specs.

So, I want to buy a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4(32 GB international model) from Aliexpress, what are your experiences with them? I am buying from Europe(Italy). Also I want to unlock its bootloader and install Lineage, but I heard the process is fairly tedious, anyone here tried to install a ROM on theirs? How did it go?

dumb lewd idol slut

Is there a good place to buy cringey borderline hentai phone cases that you weebs know about? Or is it just wherever I can find one.

pixel 2 has a fucking soc on board powered by a single a53 core (same cores found on poorfag snapdragon 630s), some lpddr4, a fucking pcie lane, and a dedicated asic for photos

And it's not even fucking enabled.

1000 fps slow mo and extra crazy shit soon

currently with one, but the 64GB version. Solid as fuck, literally no trouble, MiUI is suprisingly fine considering what I expected. I don't think it's that bad of a phone. Can't help with Lineage though, too pleb.

Don't buy it, the redm note 5 is coming out soon.
If you can't wait buy the Mi A1 instead, it already comes with stock android so you don't have to mess with roms and flashing.

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mia1

Some shops have ways to avoid custom fees (grossoshop, flosmall, hong kong goldway, ibuygou etc)

>dumb lewd idol slut
so all of them?

Custom skins or cases, several companies are out there

youtu.be/FBWvXZP_frg

how much would the note 8 end up costing? I was planning on keeping my v20 another year Ive havent had any problems with it.

$650

>He expects us to know what phone this is when every fucking sony phone looks the same

A few?

Samsung Galaxy Tab A or Nvidia Tablet K1?

>Samsung:
amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-SM-T580NZKAXAR-10-1-Inch-Tablet/dp/B01EUC7NPI/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1508706137&sr=1-5&keywords=galaxy tab a
>Nvidia K1:
amazon.com/gp/product/B0171BS9CG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3GMNP3CXMIPDP&psc=1

I'm trying to find a mobile game device that's not my phone(non-XL pixel, too small for my hands). I'm open for any other recommendation if there's any budget gaming/mid-range tablet coming up soon.

thank you sirs or madams

Dunno

Is Samsung premium care worth it

I have an iphone 6 is upgrading to a Sony Xperia XZ Premium a good decision?

>Nvidia Shield K1
>$299 refurbished
It sold for $199 when it was new lmao

Please don't frogpost.

Blu R1 Plus is the phone I'm currently going with. Don't need a phone more than $200, plus it has all the storage I need.

All right, I'll go with Samsung then. Is the
Octa-core a meme or is it actually a noticeable difference?

if you take care of your phone then it's a waste of money

What games were you thinking of playing on it? The Exynos 7870 isn't very powerful but should be fine for most stuff.

Not a lot of graphic intense stuff, Hearthstone/Shadowverse, granblue, kancolle type of stuff.

I have a Nexus 7 from 2013 and it lags pretty badly, so I'd like a significant upgrade without spending more than $300.

please have sex ya pinhead

Lenovo Tab 8 Plus or Tab 10 Plus

>so you don't have to mess with roms and flashing
But I want to, I don't want Google apps.

Are you talking about lenovo tab4's 8plus/10plus options?

Yeah but does it have a dedicated headphone port or a 3.5mm Jack?

Fuck, yeah I meant the Tab 4. The Plus versions have a Snapdragon 625 which is a decent midrange SoC, quite a bit better than the Exynos 7870 in the Samsung Tab. The Non-Plus versions are much weaker, not worth considering.

What's the general consensus on the Meizu M6 Note here?

It's basically a redmi note 4x with a much better camera and quick charge.

Does anyone know anything about the HTC Campus Store? Are there any decent discounts?

$50 0ff the U11

So it looks like I'm still better off using the $100 off from the Uh-Oh Protection. Thanks.

Oh, you can't stack them?

Is there a music player app or way to will only scan a certain directory for audio files? I don't want to be in the mood for music only to have 50 minute podcasts mixed into the library but I also don't want to have to switch between 2 different media apps just so I can listen to one or the other.

I have both music and podcasts in different folders, but every player/exclusion method I've tried either A) picks up on all of them B) allows exclusions/blacklisting of the podcast folder but then will not play the files within the folder until removed from the blacklist C) putting .nomedia in the folder makes it so the files can never be played again.

How does Sup Forums keep this shit separated?

>all these pixel 2 xl problems
Sigh I am feeling like I should cancel my order

You might, *might* be able to get more in a private sale, but not much more, and it is not really worth the risk and hassle. Do it.

same lad. I hate LG so fucking much. I was about to cancel today but I passed by the phone store to oogle and I'm hyped for the XL again.

Had a HTC 10, within a month it started to bootloop and randomly restart when trying to open apps. Sent it back for a refund, what should I get instead?
I like the non-shit camera and headphone audio quality, as well as SD card slot. Budget is £300, maybe £350 if it's good. Doesn't matter what material it's made of, I'm putting it in a rubberised case anyway.

Was the screen as bad as its sounding?

I am just mad at google. I am thinking about just getting a pixel 1xl instead. I am sick of my nexus 6 so much

Just got a Mogo G5+. I loathe the launcher but don't want to pay for Nova. Which one should I get?

>Was the screen as bad as its sounding?
not at all. the blue tint is real but apart from that I didnt notice any other problems.

Not sure you meant to reply to me but Nova is worth it. Having things set up over 3 past phones just how I like it and knowing it will be the same on a new device no matter what shitware is preinstalled is good enough for me.

Just use the free version

Man , I guess I should pop over to Verizon and see if they have on on display. I have never felt so conflicted about something like this before

Fuck, replied to my own post instead of your reply

Why subject yourself to the spyware though?

Some of them are very intelligent.

Huawei P10 or S7?

From the terms and conditions it doesn't seem like it. I'll probably still give it a shot once the U11+ comes out.

what do you mean by spyware? like android has spyware? not if you're not autistic.

Looking at the ZTE Axon 7, it seems to be a good rival to the HTC 10 in most ways. If anyone has one, is the lack of updates worth installing something like LineageOS for? I use my bank's app a lot for NFC payment, and they block rooted phones. Not sure whether it'd trigger if su weren't installed

What's the best value in midrange phones at the moment? The G5S?

should I get the moto G4 play or moto E4 plus?

Moto E4 and E4+ are both better than the G4 Play

Mi A1

>He expects us to know what phone this is when every fucking sony phone looks the same
Filename.
>63027191
Phones for me, family, and extended family.

>Mi A1
I live in the U.S. won't bands be a problem?

>I live in the U.S. won't bands be a problem?
Yea it would.

Holy shit, I've been on 4.4.4 for some years and only recently I tried nougat and fucking shit if it doesn't feel like a downgrade. Materal design is disgusting, everything has been simplified, there are tons of little annoying things such as notifications interrupting audio.. does anyone feel like this about android past kitkat?

Yeah, bands will be a problem. Moto G5+ or G5S+ then

OK thanks

Whats the best phone behind the Iphone x?

Not in the slightest, there are a ton more features, you probably just don't know about them or how to use them since you jumped from 4.4.4 to 7.0 all at once.

If you kept up with updates it would have been a gradual shit and you'd likely not have an issue.

Your current argument basically boils down to "WAAAA it's different".

Note8, but it's ahead of the iPhone X not behind, sorry.

$169.99 for U.S version, rootable. I was about to buy one, but the custom rom support seems anemic, or just pretty much non existent.

Well, I had the possibility to upgrade up to marshmallow but quite didn't like the changes when I tried it. Lollipop in particular with its changes in the notifications stuff (and that ugly design) was a pain for me. I'll get used to it, sure, but looking back I don't see that many improvements.

I'm getting it for my father and I'd rather just get something set right away to ship to him directly instead of paying for shipping twice more or less.

Went to local phone store looking to replace my work phone which broke

Seller recommended a Huawei
I got it and it's neat but I've never even heard of this brand, I'm not a huge tech guy, this is my first actual smartphone

Could you guys red pill me on this.

Which samsung phone is that

> but looking back I don't see that many improvements
because many of the improvements are backend, not frontend.

Also, true multitasking was added to vanilla 7.0 before that you only had split-screen apps on samsung phones or similar 3rd party implementations. (though if i'm being honest samsung still does mult-app in the best way)

>Could you guys red pill me on this.
Huawei is a huge manufacturer. You probably never heard of them, but they might be the actual manufacturer behind the devices that you have bought in the past.

s8 or pixel 2 lads please asssist

They're the largest manufacturer in China with Xiaomi being 2nd.

>MFW his phone still has a headphone jack

what's a good mobile under $150

How is it ahead of the iPhone X if it's two generations behind?

S8 hands down, pixel phones are for dumbass people.

nice meme, but the display is a generation ahead, and the OS is at least 10 generations beyond iOS.

>ZTE Axon 7
Great phone. I killed mine but I miss it. You should definitely root and install custom ROM though, easy enough and there's plenty of support. I used magisk with mine, bank payments always worked. Just update regularly.

samsung has the best hardware, pixel has the best software

Name a decent phone that doesn't have a headphone jack.

Moto E plus maybe

>10 generations beyond iOS

>2 years of updates (Not even immediately when updates are released, and not even guaranteed two years)

???

They were the world's second biggest smartphone manufacturer few months ago but I think after iPhone 8 came out they're back to number three

Moto E4

Should I trade in my Nexus 5X for a Pixel 2?