What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9f5JQrnOwTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not much

clock speeds weren't high enough to compete with Shintel chips in gayman scenarios, so the Sup Forums faggots shit on it.

>single core performance doesn't matter

20 pcie lanes 4 dedicated to m.2, and the NPT bug.

this is not true

Terrible single-threaded performance, low clock speeds and segfaults. It was still a decent value versus Intel's quad cores for six months there, but Coffee Lake has made it completely irrelevant.

the state of intel fans.

what went right**

considering how the shills called it DOA, AyyyMD is finished, WILL THEY EVEN MAKE ANOTHER YEAR??? for the last 3 years, everything went right.
Its a more than solid Foundaition
more than the advertised 40% performance gains, everyone complaining about performance is an irredeemable brainlet

This is probably the only ryzen that I would consider owning, but the performance hit in vm is something I don't want to deal with.

40% gains from what, the fx-8350? Sounds about right

Ryzen 5 is still a good budget option, I wouldn't even consider Ryzen for a high tier build

Is this the new brand wars general?

Coffeelake kind of ruined that though

IPC is nearly on-par, and is sometimes slightly better than Broadwell-E. What really hamstrings Ryzen is the clockspeeds.
go on?
no, I own a Ryzen system.

Uh, nothing?

from excavator you fucking retard
i swear, this board is making you dumber for ever minute lurking

>Broadwell-E

Why the fuck would you pay 100$ more for 3fps

You wouldn't.

ryzen is years behind in single core performance and is only able to compete by LOL MORE CORES. hmm why does this sound so familiar

haven't found anything wrong with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>merkleposting

Its not 3 fps. 1% is 3-5 fps and average framerates are ~20fps difference in most games. Benchmarks are all over youtube and google for 10-30 titles.
>inb4 cherrypicked single game benchmark or "intel shill"
I'm most likely going with Ryzen on my new build but that's because I won't notice the lost gayman numbers at 60hz. What I will notice is the far better performance elsewhere.

I bought a 1700 to replace the 5820K that I lost to a flood since the 8700k was months away at that point. Gaming performance is the same or better with a 4 GHz 1700 compared to a 4.4 GHz 5820k so I don't really mind too much. I do enjoy the significantly better multi threaded performance than my old 6-core since I do a fair bit of FEA engineering simulations for work.

Will probably end up selling my Ryzen and swapping back to intel if the 10nm release is any good, and/or if they suddenly make 8 cores available on the mainstream line. Only regret I have is that I wish I had bought a less expensive motherboard since I won't really recoup any of that cost.

I think it's the fact that people shill FPS as the end all be all of CPU performance and not testing anything else.

That's one thing that a lot of people miss; you can get a 1600 and motherboard for under $250. There's next to no difference in games compared to an i5 that costs easily $100 more if you dont have a 1080+ and 144hz monitor

except it's not. ipc is similar to haswell, power usage is even better than intel's, it just can't clock at 4.5+ ghz (yet).
it's not like bulldozer, where the architecture already was a mess.

>100 dollars more
187 + 120 = $307

you need to buy a cooler for the i5 too

And the delidding kit, etc

>good performance
>good price
>more Robust Platform than intel
>Will support platform until 2020 when new DDR memory standard forces major revision
>dont have to worry about buying a new mobo with new CPU

Overall its a massive success and forced intel to massively price drop. Now the new i3's are 4-core i5's with OC for sub 200$ and that will drop even further when second ryzen series drops. And we finally have a 6 core i5 in the 200-250 range which in newer games performs almost identical to the old i7-K chip when overclocked. We only have this because of Ryzen so even if your an intel fanboy you should keep your mouth shut about AMD unless you want them to give up and let intel go back to ass raping you by forcing you to pay 400$ for a quad core again.

No, you don't. The 8400 works just fine with the stock cooler. All of Digital Foundry's testing was done on the stock cooler.

youtube.com/watch?v=9f5JQrnOwTE

Im very happy with Ryzen and the only minor draw back is the lower single thread performance which will be solved very quickly. They already have the design down and its only a matter of tweaking for more IPC and moving to 12nm and then 7nm for more clockspeed and viola! you have single thread right where you want it. When you have performance this good out of a chip that can only hit 4.0-4.1ghz when the new node lets you push to 4.5+ and memory support reaches 4000mhz and faster? your golden.

Not much really, they put out some good competition. Me being an intel fag will probably never know how it feels to use one of these. Clock speeds and thermals are not shabby though

normies out, we only want Sup Forumsenuine ryzen praising

The ceo is a female and women are not good are running a bussines.

>ryzen is years behind in single core performance
>years behind

If 7% IPC is YEARS worth of performance, then it's even less relevent then ever before. For me, growing up, YEARS behind would equate to 100% or more in IPC gains.

Here's my point, you are a faggot.

/thread

well, technically 7% IPC is more or less what intel managed to improve in years, so he's right, in a way.

>buying shitel
enjoy your stutters even at 144hz

cant wait to see them 9% behind

Proprietary benchmarks are meaningless.

where's the rest of ryzen then
>has standard deviation
professional

is this the new speccy thread for muh ryzen bros?

There is a performance hit? I know about the issue with nested page tables with kvm when you use pci passthrough, are there other issues?

>buying a B350 board that costs almost as much as an X370 board

wew lad

>yfw all the AMDtards talking about "future" performance and how in the "future" having 16 weak threads will matter is the exact same thing they said about piledriver

was ~$130 AUD, about the same as most mid-range B350 boards

J-Just wait, the 8350 will c-come good... any day now...

So if we put liquid nitrogen on ryzen it would equal 7700k performance?

This is also a huge problem.

DON'T BULLY MOM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>There is a performance hit?
Yes
>I know about the issue with nested page tables with kvm when you use pci passthrough, are there other issues?
That's the issue.

No igpu

So just use Xen?

Yes.

Says the dude that is ruining Intel.

They spent more on advertising, shills, and YT sponsorships/paid reviews than the product.

Fuck AMD

Brian please stop shitting this very board.
And don't delay 10nm a third time!
That will be embarrassing.

Will the Zen refresh bring us good enough clock speeds to go against coffee lake?

Stupid ass name and toilet seat as a logo.

I'm fine with just using kvm/qemu whenever I need to start a vm though.

>So just use Xen?
Then I wouldn't be able to use my nvidia gpus to the fullest anyway, so what would be the point.

Zen is gonna eat Intel's lunch on laptops too.

lol wut
it has better single core performance at 3.6ghz than a 4.6ghz ivy bridge chip
that makes it very good single core performance..

Very likely

I don't believe you

doing a budget upgrade, is the 1500 or 1600 good for 75hz?

Sup Forumstard tier question

I haven't upgraded in like 5 years, still using a i5 2400

Nothing. Only Sup Forums shills are shitting on it. It's selling very well irl.

Clockspeeds and memory support.
If they can fix those, AMD has a winner for the next 3-5 years.

upgrade to r3 1200
better value if you're only doing 1080p gaming and light editing

>Only Sup Forums shills are shitting on it.
Most shills on Sup Forums were amd sponsored though.

Its recommended but not required. Deliding would be retarddd

game I play mostly is Arma 3

the r3 will be fine
r5-1400 is better, and r5-1600 is overkill.

>game I play mostly is Arma 3
Stick to unlocked intel cpus then, because amd still isn't good for this title.

with what video card

also what about 1500x?

1050Ti if you're on a budget
1060 with 3gb would be good

>the r3 will be fine
for sp with low draw distance, and if you get fast ram
>r5-1400 is better, and r5-1600 is overkill.
not for arma 3

Yeah I might stick to the 7700 with a good cooler desu, I will do an OC in a few years.

1500x and 1500 are memes.

I'm upgrading from a 750ti, so I might as well get a 4gb 1050ti, these are good cards for the $

dunno how much it is now but it was 80 bucks most of the summer

very good baord fur gehmerz

Minimum with ryzen is the 1600.
Ryzens biggest strength is core count.
>O.C.
>7700
Pick one.

if this
is you then maybe you should just upgrade to whichever unlocked i7 that your board can take, and overclock that as far as you can (if your system can handle overclocking).

no i mean a rig to OC at a later date but the 7700 to tie me over for a few years

I went full jew and bought a cheap micro atx, I intend on buying a good board, full ATX

in the same am4 platform?

not you it seems, brazillian

Im sorry you've been diagnosed with autism

yes

I love spending 30 mins dressing up my soldiers before a mission

it's like barbie for manchildren

typical

>I went full jew and bought a cheap micro atx
What board? Maybe it has good enough vrms.
A cpu/ heatsink upgrade might fucking save y9ou a ton of cash if you just want to play arma.

Why make fun of orcs? They are the best race fth