Vivaldi Shills

Whats with the influx of Vivaldi shills recently? Is it paid marketing? It's literally some obscure Chinese botnet browser that popped out of nowhere. It's not even free software

Other urls found in this thread:

activistpost.com/2017/08/mozilla-joins-george-soross-efforts-launching-strike-fake-news.html
forbes.com/sites/leemathews/2017/08/10/mozilla-wants-to-save-the-internet-from-fake-news/#7bfd562e7b0d
vivaldi.com/story/
twitter.com/firefox/status/896800319769804800
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Idk
I'm using Vivaldi since the 0.x beta, but I don't understand the appeal of making a thread for this.

>It's literally some obscure Chinese botnet browser that popped out of nowhere.
It's not through, stop being autistic

hows the pay?

Thanks for proving my point. 10 shekels have been deposited into your account

>proving my point
You are wrong on these points:
>obscure
It's not anymore
>Chinese
It's Norwegian
>botnet
This meme again
>popped out of nowhere
Made by the dev and creator of Opera (that explain the name and the logo color)
>not free software
It's literally the chromium base with plain text JavaScript
>paid marketing
Go take your autism treatment

>Is it paid marketing?
Maybe.

>It's not even free software
And this is why I refuse to try it. They complain about Google, but take their code, modify it, rebrand it and release their browser with a proprietary license.

Plus, FF is fast as fuck in the Beta and Nightly channels, so I'm not actively looking for a new browser anymore.

> It's literally some obscure Chinese botnet browser that popped out of nowhere.

You're mixing up Opera and Vivaldi. Opera is the company and browser that was sold to China and is a literal Chinese botnet.
Vivaldi is a browser made by a lot of the same people that made Opera, who left when the Chinese deal was announced.

Opera = Chinese botnet
Vivaldi = Made by former Opera developers who didn't like the idea of becoming Chinese slaves

>BAAAAWWW, it angers me that some people like a browser different than mine.
Vivaldi makes Chromium based browsers usable and that's enough for a lot of people who are fed up with Mozilla's SJW bullshit.
Also, as some people pointed out, Opera is the Chinese botnet and Vivaldi is made by the ex Opera boss in Norway. Get your bait right at least.

Someone who works at vivaldi goes on Sup Forums and shills it

>confusing shitposting with shilling

>Implying Vivaldi isn't made to bring back the consumer base that left Opera back to the chinese botnet

You're retarded.
Anyways, enjoy Mozilla and Daddy Soross telling you what to think. That's something that's really happening.
activistpost.com/2017/08/mozilla-joins-george-soross-efforts-launching-strike-fake-news.html

>activistpost
:thinking:

>>>>> Sup Forums

That's fake news, in reality Soros through the chinese bought Vivaldi, and is gathering all your data.

Those tons of other sources inside the article don't count either because...
forbes.com/sites/leemathews/2017/08/10/mozilla-wants-to-save-the-internet-from-fake-news/#7bfd562e7b0d

I'm here waiting for some kind of source for your claim which is not your ass.

Let's use the Sup Forums boogeyman because Mozilla can do no wrong!!

Reactions like those make mozilla fags seem like shils doing damage control since their little hugbox is falling apart.

I don't think you're right because it's not a wealthy enough organization.

BTW try to read some articles about Vivaldi before slinging your shit

>It's not through, stop being autistic
Can you proof absolute proof of this?

It uses no RAM!

>Whats with the influx of Vivaldi shills recently?
Literally pissed off Firefox users who are jumping ship.
t. pissed off firefox user with 3 other browsers installed since ffv57

Vivaldi seems the least worst of the alternatives I've tried. I need to test out otter browser still. Brave seems good for non-power users but not me.

>I save pictures of unflattering men on my own computer
Not an argument, just a condition.

>I don't think you're right because
Tons of source but I refuse to believe it because contradicts my world view!

Mozilla hubox snowflakes everyone.

Isn't Vivaldi non Mozilla?

vivaldi.com/story/

Every bump is free advertising

>chinese botnet browser
cannot be confirmed or denied and most of Sup Forums has stated on many occasions as white americans they have less to fear form the chicoms snopoping than the NSA snooping

> what we actually do know
- its made by creator of opera
- opera was based
- creator was based for leaving when moved away presto engine and sold out
- we dont trust chrome or even chromium

its not being shilled here, its a good alternative and that people use and like to talk about: simple ...

also dont get high and mighty - the opera 12 source code has leaked and Sup Forums has done absolute jack shit with it..

I just picked up a refurb T430 and put it on here. Haven't had any problems so far. The bar is an annoyance but I'd rather have it I guess.
I quite like that it tells you how much loads between pages in size (1.1mb for Sup Forums)

SYNC WHEN

>we dont trust chrome or even chromium

Well I have bad news for you user, Vivaldi is Chromium + tweaks.

yeah i know, but its in the best hands possible and will only get better the more we support it

> i thought chromium was de-botnetted and boy was i wrong

You can close those bars though in the view menu.

>stop being autistic
fuck off shill, this is where autists come to be exactly that.

chromium is maintained by google staff, what do you expect
degoogled-chromium is chromium with botnet mostly patched out

The only true de-botnetted Chromium is Iridium. They recently put out an update. I like it.

Mozilla said the guy who made this article was full of shit and he mixed up two news
twitter.com/firefox/status/896800319769804800

vivaldi is ok desu slightly less faster than ffx57 and more ressource intensive but the UI is way cooler. I'm not certain I'll keep it though

>iridium
>not talked about

took me forever to discover, cant believe i used chromium for so long, Sup Forums should be ashamed

It doesn't make it any better if it's "just" the Mozilla SJWs who want to tell you what to think.

It's not a meme, so naturally nobody will talk about it

They've literally posted pictures of their office, dumbass. 2017: Where normies have invaded so hard no one remembers Opera 12

>Vivaldi makes Chromium based browsers usable
Not until HTML5 video works smoothly and consistently it doesn't.

It's an interesting project and it's got promise, but I'm holding off on it for a while longer.

I'm really hoping that they decide against following through on the integrated e-mail client, though. I know that a vocal subset of users wants it, but I can't fathom why. Netscape-style Swiss-army-knife browser-plus bloat is SO 15 years ago.