GTX 750 TI No Signal

Hey Sup Forums,
I'm trying to run an EVGA GTX 750 TI on my P.C. I have a poverty-tier Dell Precision 690 that I got from a friend. I know that the GPU works because my brother told me he was using it fine just the day before. Since I have a Xeon I have no integrated graphics. Whenever I try to boot it up, the fan starts and I get all the lights, but I get "No Signal" on my monitor. I am using HDMI. I then hear two beeps from the system speaker, which signifies an error, but it's not a beep code. I've looked online and apparently others have had the same problem, and fixed it by plugging in some 6-pin Molex connector from the card to their PSU. I don't think I have one, as I can't find one. Please help.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00H33SFJU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/show_picture.pl?l=english&rais=1&oiu=http://www.fudzilla.com/images/stories/Reviews/Graphics/Nvidia/Maxwell/GTX_750Ti/EVGA_FTW/gtx-750-ti-evga-ftw-front-2.jpg&sp=6b93f592520132bb2b60cda352236b69
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also, of note is that I tried a different GPU (Gigabyte GTX 420) in the same PCI slot and it worked fine.

Check to see if you have thermal lube applied to your gpu fan.

Make sure the thermal conductivity between the PCI-e connector and the motherboard is good, it might need its thermal paste re-applied.

WITH SUCH A TINY CARD, HE'S GONNA
Wait
He's not gonna need it if it's tiny.
Wait, unless THE CARD IS THE VAGINA IN THE JOKE, WE'RE BACK ON TRACK--

WITH SUCH A TINY CARD HE'S GONNA NEED IT RIGHT, user????> HAHAAJHAHJAHAHAHA

>gtx 420
>gtx

You have to go back.

u wot
I didn't know you had to lube your GPU fan

sir are you fucking with me right now

You have to go back.

No, I had the same trouble with an Optiplex the other day, the diagnostic lights weren't giving any meaningful hints but I troubleshot until I figured out I had thermal conduction problems.

Elaborate.

did you plug the hdmi into the motherboard or into the GPU?

hint, it's supposed to be plugged into the GPU

I'm not autistic, good sir. I plugged it into the GPU.

The card edge connector has to have the right temperature to work, it has a sort of "golden zone". The motherboard's resistance on the traces heats it to a temperature in a specific range to make sure the extremely high-speed PCI-e signal has minimal interference across the data pairs. It's likely that your GT 420 works because it doesn't quite get hot enough to bring the motherboard out of the "golden zone". Your GTX 750 Ti draws more power and has more heat output, so it needs to have better thermal conductivity between the motherboard and GPU to keep the thermal dissipation happening at the right rate.

Ask reddit (seriously), this place is a shit hole

kek, okay

Okay, so apply a bit of thermal paste to the little thing on the side then?

install Gentoo

Please kill yourself

faggot
now install Gentoo

THIS

Just fucking hang yourself
You think you are so "hip" and "funny"
Just fucking do it

Wait, you're saying you didn't plug in a 6 pin molex cable? That's your problem. I'm running the exact same card with this PSU and it works fine.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00H33SFJU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kys faggot

I can't find the female connector on the card though.

You probably have the 90w version and not the 75w version and your motherboard doesn't like it.

750ti is 75w it runs from PCIe power not 6 pin.

Then it is the 75w version.

Reset CMOS.

I see. But it turns on and my screen goes black, but I'm just no getting any signal. So it's obviously doing something. Plus, why would the 90w version have no power connector and the 75w does?

Wilco. Thanks.

There are 90w GTX 750Ti cards that have a 6pin, they will still work with only PCIe though.

Do the BIOS logo shows up? Can you enter to BIOS?

Nope, no BIOS logo.

Check what the POST beeps mean.

It isn't a beep code, it's just a generic error beep. I think it's able to pass the POST but I just can't see the error message.

>poverty-tier Dell Precision 690
It's probably the PSU being so shit it can't handle any additional devices, even the low-powered 750 Ti.
Try to unplug any unnecessary components (like any optical disc drives, additional HDDs, etc.) and try to boot again. If it works, then it's the PSU. If it doesn't, it might be something else and can't help you there. All I can say is to build yourself a system or something to avoid any more troubleshooting.

Only dual-fans from what I've seen.
And OP keeps saying he can't find a 6-pin connector yet you insist that he has a 90w card? Pajeet-tier help.

I have a 750W PSU. Pretty sure that's not the problem.

Nevermind then. I guess you can just mess around with the BIOS settings if you're set on making it work. Re-seating components might also work.

Been there, done that.

Which little thing? If you do it wrong it won't work.
Sorry for the delay, took a shower.

>Gigabyte GTX 420
I may be wrong, but don't these two cards use different drivers?

Damn I need to too brb

A little extra bit on the end of the PCI connector.

Yes they do, and I installed the drivers for both.

The position of said connector is preety obvious. If you couldn't find it, I guess you don't have it.

ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/show_picture.pl?l=english&rais=1&oiu=http://www.fudzilla.com/images/stories/Reviews/Graphics/Nvidia/Maxwell/GTX_750Ti/EVGA_FTW/gtx-750-ti-evga-ftw-front-2.jpg&sp=6b93f592520132bb2b60cda352236b69

Yeah, I definitely don't have it.

He didn't get to this point, his OS never loaded.

>Yes they do, and I installed the drivers for both.
Shit. I thought I was gonna be a hero.

Oh, I didn't catch that, I thought he just swapped the cards and got a black screen. My bad.

Despite what your brother said, do yoh have another machine to test this gpu? Always go for the obvious first, the gpu could be fried.
If not, plug your old card, reset your BIOS to standard settings and try it again.

I do, but I'll save that for tomorrow. It's getting pretty late where I am. Thank you all for the help. Goodnight Sup Forumsuys.

Uh, just did some searches and it looks that you're fucked. This 690 MB or BIOS don't like modern GPUs, it's look like. The slot is theoretically compatible, so the PSU, but things won't work. I read something about the 750ti having a switch to provide compatibility with old BIOS non UEFI, but the guy (supposing it's not you) tried both positions without luck.
Well, I hope you fox it, but maybe it's time for a full upgrade.

the 750 ti is shit we told you this years ago

no one cares, Dominic