Entry level jobs require Bachelors for 12$ an hour

>Entry level jobs require Bachelors for 12$ an hour.

Mods can we PLEASE ban jobposters. Every single day stupid job threads. This cancer needs to stop.

I haven't even completed high school and I'm making 18$/hr putting computers together and doing basic html

Can we ban you redditposters too?

how?
where?

yes they are still paying too much

>About to apply for job.
>They were full of opening yesterday
>Now they have none
>Ask friend
>He said Reddit made a giant thread to help people find tech jobs or jobs you can do from home
>Redditors took my job
I FUCKING HATEEEEE REDDIT

Better being unemployed than having to hang around with ledditor fucks.

You didn't vote for a $15 minimum wage? That sucks for you, dude.

This

Didn’t mean to sage

>bachelors are difficult or expensive to get

Shit

That's like, web designer in a flyover state entry level.

getting a bachelors isn't hard, but fuck 12/h

How much does someone out of a coding bootcamp make? I actually see job positions that will accept someone with a 4 year computer science degree or a bootcamp certificate

Bloc.io has a job guarantee

fuck off you dumb nigger. this is the least of what you should be complaining about. go back to your circle jerk generals potato brain taco baby nigger

What kind of job guarantee? Contractor jobs are dime a dozen. No corporate giant wants to hire direct campiers with full benefits.

>working in grocery store
>called HR about interest in IT department
>Director of said department calls me
>meets me in person
>Tells me that over half of his staff are over 60, chances are someone will retire in couple of months
>most likely at the end of the year/beginning of the new year
>he mentions all employes are salary based except one is hourly based.
>already making 10.75 usd a hour to slice meat for stupid ass holes.
>really hope I am salary based, and will be enough to live on my own.

I am needing to get back up plan in place.

fuck off moron. This is a technology board, not a fucking "hurp durp jobs/uni" board.

diamond dozen*

>HURR DURR IM AN IDIOT
go back to your consumerism daily watch thread or whatever you're browsing, sack of shit

welcome to the post-2008 economy

robotics and AI will eventually take over everything. yesterday it was cashiers
earlier today there was a thread discussing google translate getting good and the lack of need for actual translators.

tomorrow, we'll leave all decision making to machines. nuke deals, foreign affairs, and all that stuff will just be variables input into a machine, and the answer it prints out will be the country's optimal foreign policy.

>go to adult daycare
>get paid adult daycare wage
lmao college

Correct.
Either you make a lot of money now and become an owner of robots and AI in the future or get left behind with 90% of the other humans. Their lives aren't going to be horrible since all kinds of things will become super cheap but they will basically be peasants for the rest of their lives. Now, if you live in the US, then you have to get rich soon otherwise the Randians will exterminate you and the other poors with their robot army so that you won't be a breeding ground for disease nor will you unlawfully occupy their land for their new gardens, personal farms, wildlife refuges, monuments, earthworks, etc.

>Falling for the CS meme

>masters in theoretical maths
>mfw 300k a year starting position at any job I want

>any job
So you cans tart 300k at a grocery store? Or like the startup worth 100k that finally hried you?

Is there anyone more cucked than an Amerimutt?

That means you're in a saturated job market.

I'm a CNA and earn $12/hour. It requires 1 month of training and passing licensing exam. It might be low considering I live in California but there's always job around the corner.

In todays world you can't get a job through on-site training for non-experienced people. No more companies look for workers offering training from the very basics. You have to have experience and higher education. It's kek and sad. Career or nothing.

Yeah it sucks. Now fucking get that bachelor's (which is literally just the highschool diploma of 20 years ago), get out there and do that job for 5 years until you can actually ask for a real salary.

don't get too excited, that guy has literally reached the peak of his "career". $18/hr full time is barely $35kpa, and I guarantee you that guy isn't doing full time work.

>everyone gets a pay rise
>everything else just goes up in price accordingly
amazing job.

Perhaps don't have such fucking asinine labour laws and such a pathological hatred of unions and perhaps wages will naturally grow.

>everything else just goes up in price accordingly
necessities might rise somewhat which isn't great for middle class families earning above the minimum wage, but it wouldn't be "everything else". i.e., the price of private jets and yachts, etc. are unlikely to change. Anything that's not usually purchased by minimum wage workers

>Make 12.50 an hour
>Work in call center.
>Apple Tech support.

Comfy I guess? I mean the shits low level. So low level they hire just about fucking anyone who can read Apple's "Troubleshooting" articles in the support page. That's the only real requirement. Center has people from fucking yard workers, babies first jobbers, and salon bitches doing it. I'm literally more savvy than our own Center IT dept who has to use a sheet of paper just to image the fucking computers and use Casper.

On the bright side it's so easy if you know your shit that I've been learning C in my spare time. Configured Vim the way I like it and no blocks on the systems so full internet access.

>spend 1-2 year learning machine learning
>get dozens of phone per month asking if I want to work at xyz company
>900K starting

What did they mean by this?

doesn't work like that, dummy. not everyone gets a pay rise and not everything can be affected from such a rise.

>babies first jobbers

what does this expression mean?

t. non native

My retarded way of saying someones' first ever job.

I thought that it's about people who make babies first and then worry about getting a job, kek

>rise

are you british? why do you guys call it rise? is that why Roger Waters calls it rise in Money? I thought he just used 'rise' so he could rhyme with surprise. if you're gonna speak our language, please do so respectfully. it's called a 'raise' not a 'rise', Liam

I'm call center for DirecTV. $10/hr starting, but there's also big incentives. Every Protection Plan Premiere sold nets us $4 since we're a contracted company and that's what helps us make money without AT&T giving us more under contract. We also have to hit very high numbers in stats if we want to see bonuses, which add up to another $1000/mo if we hit perfect on all of them.

I'd do Apple, desu. Ours is surprisingly fast-paced and very high stress since it's a numbers game instead of a help the customer game.

Hm op for me it was like that, finish high school - masturbate for 2 years with no care for life.

Last week went for a job interview at a television - they were impressed, hired me on spot - I work 24 hours with 72 at home, great salary, free time even during work - I sleep in the 24 hours of work at night time, all conditions are present kitchen all services ..

The boss told me they want to specialize me in the near future and pay for certifications.

I'm literally IT guy, helping the main sys admin guy - he spends a lot of time carefully teaching me also everyone is young and open-minded, friendly collective.

I wanted to work in programming tho, but this is a start, thinking about trying internship in the free time I get at a software development company, or dunno tbqh I haven't tried to take an interview there but I'm also not so confident on my programming skills still have to learn more.

No robots son, mostly artificial brains at all corners, cheaper - easier and more realistic to deploy.

I earn the same in a similar position. Easyxahit but boring as fuck

MODS, please ban complainposters that shit up Sup Forums and bump threads they don't like.

Think of the poor neets

>Perhaps don't have such fucking asinine labour laws and such a pathological hatred of unions and perhaps wages will naturally grow.

This... Norway has no minimum wage, but we have a lot of unions everywhere so people would be shocked if for example a McDonalds worker earned less than $25 per hour.

>my university is shit

Where and in what fucking field? The McDonald's here pay $10 a damn hour, most restaurants start at $11, and the average tip-receiver is making $15+.

Sounds like you bought into the con of thinking tech related jobs are worth something. Unless you're a sysadmin, an engineer or developer, or you work for the government, most tech jobs are basic bullshit.

Also
>require a bachelors
I fucking doubt this shit. You can get net/net+ and sec/sec+ and make $12-15/hr no problem. What the fuck are you doing with your life? Are you 15 and simply uninformed?

how old are you? literally every single field is grossly oversaturated now with everyone studying since there are so few lowskilled jobs compared to population
unless you're studying at a top 5 school you will be making 12/h no matter what you studied

>You can get net/net+ and sec/sec+ and make $12-15/hr no problem.
and tell me, why should I hire a net or sec certified highschool leaver when I can hire a CS grad for the same wage?