The p*ssyreker of all phones

The DoCoMO Sharp SH-04a is and will be the literal best phone ever created. Come at me Sup Forumsentlemen!

inb4 shills
inb4 fagertainment

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/2028347278/tohkbd-the-other-half-keyboard-for-your-jolla
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

literally who ?

> serif on the keys
is this a thing now ?

>have a physical keyboard
>have a physical keyboard in the proper landscape slide-out orientation, not that gay shit that blackberry was doing for a while
>then ruin it by making it only three fucking rows

Proper sized keys you mean?

Still better than any phone out today. It truly is /ourphone/

Wannabe phone

I don't even like verticle keyboard but I really am considering picking up a Priv or Keyone because there's no other fucking option anymore and it makes me mad as fuck.

The G1 is literally the perfect phone for me in almost every way. I would use one today if someone replaced the processor alone, a better screen would be nice and maybe a front facing camera but I really don't need them either.

>that material
>that physical trackball
>that curved handset
>that small form factor
>slide out keyboard
I'm about to fucking burst.

runner up

Also good

Meanwhile

why are the keys in the dark souls font?

>literally who
DoCoMO (It's a Japan thing)

right
right
right
right
wrong
wrong

All of these are shit compared to the angled blackberry keys.

PRIV owner, physical keys are a gift from the tech gods, would reconmend

I like the angled keys but I still dislike the vertical layout.

Just get over wanting to pretend your phone is some miniature laptop. It doesn't look as good or cool but there's a reason Blackberry went with that design choice.

I'm using a Blackberry Classic now and the keys and trackpad alone make it worth it for me even if the apps are very slow today. I can type 60WPM, special characters included, without having to look at the keyboard. BB10 phones don't have key combinations for copying and pasting text anymore, so that's a bit shit, but you can select text with shift+trackpad and menu button for copy/paste options at least. Maybe I'll get a normal modern smartphone or minitablet for landscape web browsing and videos and have this one pretend to be a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for it.

too bad they are locked to hell

I miss my og Droid sometimes

>miniature laptop
That's literally the purpose of a business phone though.

High tier device.

The G2 was a downgrade.

It's not 2005 anymore, they did that because that was the only way they knew how and it was shit, the market made that apparent when everyone and their fucking mother jumped away from the form factor the second a new paradigm challenged it.

It may be locked to he'll but for $300 dollerydoos 2nd hand it is a pretty nice

>there's a reason Blackberry went with that design choice.
Yea it costs them less.
Actually pretending that blackberry makes amazing design choices.

>it's not 2005 anymore
That's my point. Phones today have more power than some of my old desktops and you literally always have one on your person.

>everyone else does it so it's okay
I disagree and it's not true regardless since nobody else even uses physical keyboards anymore.

I miss this layout with a navigational d pad on the left.

>> serif on the keys
I didn't realize how ridiculous it looked until you pointed this out

>>everyone else does it so it's okay
I don't think you really get it. There's no fucking desire in the market of millions of people who pay for and actually use their phones for this shit anymore, they don't care about it, it didn't make their life better, and it only comes in handy for a few niche use cases that are better suited to a fucking laptop in the first place that in the age of 11'' ultraportables that can slice bread isn't really that difficult a thing to bring with you if your job requires it.

You're entitled to your opinion but don't act like it's some kind of general truth, layout is going to remain a subjective issue, nobody catering to this niche will remain a missed opportunity.

Yeah that's a great idea lol.

I mean only the form factor. It absolutely doesn't have to be shaped like some laptop to be a business phone.

You can keep deluding yourself all you want, but the sooner you realize that there is no massive niche market of people hungry for the landscape sliders they've been soundly rejecting for the last decade, the more constructively you'll be able to articulate your own wants and demands in a way that doesn't sound like some nostalgic luddite trying to act like he's got his finger on the pulse of the industry.

People don't give a shit about keyboards on Facebook toys anymore, there are no "business phones" because improvements in software keyboards and touch screen technology along with more affordable and powerful ultraportable PCs and tablets have rendered their existence to be pointless. The huge pool of Linux systems administrators who cannot take a moment to sit the fuck down to SSH into a system at work and need a phone catered to them just aren't there, people aren't faunching at the bit to edit tiny-ass word and excel documents on a 5.5'' screen with a gimped keyboard that hides everything behind symbol keys.

If you'd ever bother to read a book in your life you'd be surprised how much thought went into BB devices at their peak, they designed things the way they did because it was more convenient for the user, not because they were some shitty chinkphone maker trying to appease the lowest bidder. Most of their cash flow came from monthly carrier fees, rather than skimping on hardware.

Landscape sliders aren't convenient, they require two hands, typing is more uncomfortable, they don't really lend anything to actual use besides faggots who want to play pretend UMPC or emulate children's games.

>user wants a full-sized keyboard for a 3.5inch screen
the pinnacle of autism

only reason i would buy this phone is for packet injection.

I wasn't who you were talking to but I want a keyboard phone and I know adults that do. I think there is a market for it.

What are its specs? I recently pulled my Droid 4 out of cold storage to play with, and while it was good at the time, the thing's a piece of shit now. The screen has serious ghosting issues, can't handle glare, has pathetic battery life (exacerbated by the physical keyboard), the actual hardware (CPU, RAM, etc.) suck donkey balls, it's slow as shit even after flashing stock rom and the official lineageOS ROM is broken. The arrow keys are shit too compared to the OG Droid's, and the thing weighs a ton and makes my pants sag (can't even wear them with bball shorts or I'll pants myself)

A physical keyboard is nice but not worth all those drawbacks, especially when hardly any software utilizes it. It makes typing out text in, for example, a browser or SMS or Clover a breeze but with such a tiny, shitty screen, I'd rather suffer the tedium of software keyboards.

>If you'd ever bother to read a book in your life you'd be surprised how much thought went into BB devices at their peak
>Blackberry at their peak
It's 2017, and I wouldn't read a book about blackberry unless I want to read up on exactly how they failed ie; how did it go wrong
> they designed things the way they did because it was more convenient for the user,
They design shit, because it's cheaper for them
>not because they were some shitty chinkphone maker trying to appease the lowest bidder.
They are currently just some shitty chinkphone >Most of their cash flow came from monthly carrier fees, rather than skimping on hardware.
they skinp on hardware, and most their cash comes from the occasional lawsuit that they piggyback on.
>Landscape sliders aren't convenient, they require two hands, typing is more
Landscapes are more convienent than the mess of a keyboard that BB shits out.
1. They offer a larger keypad without sacrificing screen real estate.
2. They aren't in the way if you don't want them to be, because you can keep them in the retracted position
3. They aren't oddly proportioned, so they fit easily in a packet
>uncomfortable, they don't really lend anything to actual use besides faggots who want to play pretend UMPC or emulate children's games.
In all honesty Blackberry hasn't done anything right since the time that they were properly ousted from the smartphone industry. If they had then they would hold more then their personal modern market share high of 0.01 percent of the market. Blackberry was a device that was on top in the early days, because there really wasn't anyone trying to compete. When interested parties decide to compete blackberry was quickly dispatched by the competition.

maddox was right, the e70 really is the best

Who are you trying to convince and for what purpose? Calm down sperglord, we get it you don't like it.

>Landscape sliders aren't convenient, they require two hands
Unlike portrait keyboards, wait.

I think the popularity of the sidekick shows that most people like them.

nice leapster bro

txt me l8r :)

Don't get me wrong, I think there's a market for it, just not as big as what a lot of proponents think there is. Manufacturers didn't stray away from the design in some cynical ploy to "save money", they strayed away from it because nobody gave a shit but a tiny body of niche users who probably wouldn't pay for it anyway, those that did had vendors like BlackBerry that they'd never be able to compete with anyway.
>s-sperg!
I'm sorry you have difficulty comprehending posts longer than a tweet.

how about this?

Not an argument and you might legitimately have autism, I'm not saying that as a joke or to be mean but you can't comprehend that others have differing opinions. Just because blackberry wrote a book about something doesn't mean anything.

CHANGE YOUR FUCKING PREFERENCE RIGHT NOW

Palm phones were too good for mortals

>It's 2017, and I wouldn't read a book about blackberry unless I want to read up on exactly how they failed ie; how did it go wrong
So yeah, you don't read, because you've never heard of Losing the Signal.
>They design shit, because it's cheaper for them
You sound like a teenager going through a leftist phase.
>They are currently just some shitty chinkphone
We're talking about decisions that were made decades ago.
>1. They offer a larger keypad without sacrificing screen real estate.
Screen real estate is already fuck all on a phone.
>2. They aren't in the way if you don't want them to be, because you can keep them in the retracted position
The point is that you aren't going to be retracting the input constantly... because you'll be using your phone.
>3. They aren't oddly proportioned, so they fit easily in a packet
What the fuck is "oddly proportioned" about a standard candybar form factor no different from any other phone on the market? If anything that bullshit point makes your position even weaker because an inherently thicker slider design will be slightly more difficult to fit in whatever hipster rags with tiny pockets you're wearing.
>Blackberry was a device that was on top in the early days, because there really wasn't anyone trying to compete.
You really have no fucking idea what you're rambling about, do you?
>When interested parties decide to compete blackberry was quickly dispatched by the competition.
That competition was purely touch-based iClones, not the slider shit you're talking about that withered away with them. Appealing to the market isn't really something that bodes in favor of your position.

>I like the horizontal layout
>>hold the fuck up, have you even considered the business phone market? The majority of consumers today do not enjoy this and you need to get over it. Be sure to read my reference, which is an actual book, maybe then you'll learn why your opinion is invalid
sperg

ITT: former RIM employee has a meltdown

>I-it's just my opinion! You have autism!
Who's the one without an argument here?
I'm not here to change your preferences, I'm just here to call you retarded because it's fucking Sup Forums, if you want to be coddled and encouraged to be a dumbass then you can fuck off elsewhere.

This isn't Sup Forums friendo, you can drop the edgy 13 year old shtick. The only reason I'm replying to you is to keep the thread bumped, you started the argument in the first place, all I said was this which is an opinion and now you're arguing with multiple people over why it's wrong. You're a spastic loser, nobody gives a shit about you or your affinity for some company.

But my book!

Palm is the Opera Browser of phones. pic unrelated

I never replied to that post, it was a legitimate expression of preference. I replied to your second post that was just a retarded "hurr they didn't do what I like because they're an evul corporation that just wants to save money" shitpost that deserved to be scorned, because it was retarded.
>You're a spastic loser, nobody gives a shit about you or your affinity for some company.
How hard you've been trying says otherwise, but keep on crying into your keyboard.

Part 1:
>So yeah, you don't read, because you've never heard of Losing the Signal.
My time is precious, and I'm not going towaste it with reading about blackberry (a company that I am not interested in)
>You sound like a teenager going through a leftist phase.
Nah m8. I'm an adult, and I have an idea why blackberry devices always have issues with hardware, and overall build quality
>We're talking about decisions that were made decades ago.
"WE" weren't you were hence my reference to the year 2017.
>Screen real estate is already fuck all on a phone.
You're an idiot, and most modern smartphones don't sacrifice display real estate (outside of blackberry devices).
>The point is that you aren't going to be retracting the input constantly... because you'll be using your phone.
The point is to have access to a keyboard when you want to have it (when it's in use), and to keep it out of the way when you don't (when it is not in use)

Part 2:
>What the fuck is "oddly proportioned" about a standard candybar form factor no different from any other phone on the market? If anything that bullshit point makes your position even weaker because an inherently thicker slider design will be slightly more difficult to fit in whatever hipster rags with tiny pockets you're wearing.
Blackberry passports are oddly proportioned, and q10s have retardedly small displays to keep a candy bar shape.
>You really have no fucking idea what you're rambling about, do you?
You're full of yourself, and you really misplacing the critisism here.
>That competition was purely touch-based iClones, not the slider shit you're talking about that withered away with them.
The touch based "iclones" have outcompeted blackberry for many years, so maybe they are doing something right while blackberry has doen nothing, but wrong.
>Appealing to the market isn't really something that bodes in favor of your position.
Appealing to the market is exactly what you do to sell devices, and it's how you stay in business (but then again you seem halfway retarded, and you think that blackberry does things the right way)
tldr; just slit your belly you fucking mouth breather

That wasn't me, dumb ass.

Then why exactly are you so butthurt about it when I wasn't even attacking you to begin with? You didn't say anything retarded.

>having a breakdown in thread

Because you replied before the post you just mentioned telling me to "get over" it as if I had to change my opinion just because that's what the market trended towards. Then you conflated me with the other person and got angry with me later despite the fact I'm not who you thought I was.

On an anonymous imageboard you should reply to each post based solely on the content it contains, don't just assume that because multiple posts disagree with you that they're the same person or that they share the same ideals. It's fine if you're mad at them but you've had an attitude with almost every post in the chain, and you just said your reason and it's not a valid one since I'm not the same person.

I know this isn't a hugbox but when you criticize someone for expressing their opinions, in a thread about a subjective topic, when it isn't even an extreme opinion, it makes you seem pompous and rude.

Actually let me make that more concise.

It would have been better if you just replied with "I like the vertical ones" or "the market seems to prefer the vertical ones" instead.

>My time is precious, and I'm not going towaste it with reading about blackberry (a company that I am not interested in)
Whatever you say. The point is that you don't know shit about what goes into designing something, anything.
>Nah m8. I'm an adult, and I have an idea why blackberry devices always have issues with hardware, and overall build quality
It was garbage quality control, shitty vision from management, rushing of development and a whole host of other incompetent bullshit. Not something as mundane as the choice of keyboard layout.
>"WE" weren't you were hence my reference to the year 2017.
Yes we were. The candybar vertical layout has been around since the fucking early 2000s on their products and others. That's what we're talking about, not the company's overall merit, just the fucking decision to use a vertical layout over a slider.
>You're an idiot, and most modern smartphones don't sacrifice display real estate (outside of blackberry devices).
Have you never seen a software keyboard before? Or do you just use your phone as a YouTube appliance?
>The point is to have access to a keyboard when you want to have it (when it's in use), and to keep it out of the way when you don't (when it is not in use)
You're using the keyboard pretty much continuously, that's the point. You don't want to hide the fucking keyboard.

I'm not that first reply, though. I honestly haven't even read it.
I really don't give a shit if you like vertical or slider designs, I just want this cringy retard I'm greentexting with to kill himself.
>Blackberry passports are oddly proportioned, and q10s have retardedly small displays to keep a candy bar shape.
First you're whining that some shit won't fit in your hipster skinny jacket and now you're complaining that it's "too small?" Were you born in 2010? And the fucking Passport? That's all you have?
>You're full of yourself, and you really misplacing the critisism here.
You're a dipshit who can't even remember juggernauts like Palm and Nokia, the only one who's full of himself is you.
>Appealing to the market is exactly what you do to sell devices, and it's how you stay in business (but then again you seem halfway retarded, and you think that blackberry does things the right way)
My point is that you're trying to appeal to what the market prefers when that same market shit all over slider devices to the point that they barely exist anymore in the mainstream.

pretty close to the greatest smartphone ever made

>something as mundane as the choice of keyboard layout
I hope you don't believe a decision like this isn't important. Especially today where phones have less unique features than ever before. It might seem frivolous to you but decisions like these are massive for companies like this and obviously one of the only comparison points with other products a consumer sees.

Does it have a keyboard at all? What are the features of the keyboard if it has one? How does this product differ from the competition and/or what does it have that I prefer?

A "mundane" change like that can be the cost of a brand.

Shit word choice, that wasn't really what I meant by "mundane." I was trying to highlight how inconsequential it is to a product having dog shit quality and hardware issues.

>Whatever you say. The point is that you don't know shit about what goes into designing something, anything.
Neither does blackberry though, and neither do you fuccboi.
>It was garbage quality control, shitty vision from management, rushing of development and a whole host of other incompetent bullshit. Not something as mundane as the choice of keyboard layout.
It's all of the above.
>Yes we were. The candybar vertical layout has been around since the fucking early 2000s on their products and others. That's what we're talking about, not the company's overall merit, just the fucking decision to use a vertical layout over a slider.
You really don't know how to focus on a topic, or follow a thread do you.
>Have you never seen a software keyboard before?
Yes I have, and a software keyboard dissapears from the screen when it's not in use you retarded mong.
>Or do you just use your phone as a YouTube appliance?
Media consumption is a common use case for modern smartphones user, but no I don't view youtube videos often.
>You're using the keyboard pretty much continuously, that's the point.
No. You are using a keboard when it's neccessary to use one, and that's the point.
>You don't want to hide the fucking keyboard.
This is why blackberry never succeeds.

Seriously just neck yourself in a closet

I've got a KeyOne user. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty good.

I'm mad as fuck that the black one is AT&T only. The phone itself though seems pretty good, I really like the trackpad key sensor thing they have going on, and putting the scanner in the spacebar is brilliant.

>Neither does blackberry though, and neither do you fuccboi.
Nah, I won't posture myself as a designer, but I feel like I've got a more solid foundation than you.
>It's all of the above.
Now I know you're just baiting me.
>You really don't know how to focus on a topic, or follow a thread do you.
Do you need to go back and read again?
>Yes I have, and a software keyboard dissapears from the screen when it's not in use you retarded mong.
So you never use your keyboard? What's your point? That's a pretty huge fucking sacrifice of screen real estate regardless of whether or not it's only there 75% of the time, even more so than having a hardware keyboard occupying space that never had a screen running software that was never designed to extend into that "lost" space in the first place.
>No. You are using a keboard when it's neccessary to use one, and that's the point.
Which is pretty damn often unless you're a faggot who only consumes.
>This is why blackberry never succeeds.
If only you knew how shit things really were.

>First you're whining that some shit won't fit in your hipster skinny jacket
I commented on how the passport was shaped like a room full of retards designed. Was it meant to be put in a purse when not in use, I know blackberry users are a bunch of bitches, but did the design team take the term "bitches" literally?
>and now you're complaining that it's "too small?"
The q10's screen is too small, because there's a fucking shitty keypad that takes up the space where a decent sized screen could be.
>Were you born in 2010?
Am an adult
>And the fucking Passport?
It's a semi-recent blackberry phone
>That's all you have?
It's a blackberry, so it's safe to assume that I didn't even have that.
>You're a dipshit who can't even remember juggernauts like Palm and Nokia,
I remember them, but they weren't relevent to the discussion.
>the only one who's full of himself is you.
You're really having a breakdown right now aren't you?
>My point
You're fucking stupid, and you constantly drift off topic, so maybe you think that you have made 'points", but really you haven't (maybe braindamaged)
>is that you're trying to appeal to what the market prefers when that same market shit all over slider devices to the point that they barely exist anymore in the mainstream.
>Is this another one of your "points"?

This phone will live longer than your would be children.

>Nah, I won't posture myself as a designer,
You have been "posturing" yourself as some sort of expert this whole time though, but now you say this.
>but I feel like I've got a more solid foundation than you.
How would you know this if you're not even the "designer" that you yourself won't posture yourself as?
>Now I know you're just baiting me.
With what common sense ya dumbfuck.
>So you never use your keyboard?
Yes I do.
>That's a pretty huge fucking sacrifice of screen real estate regardless of whether or not it's only there 75% of the time,
It's not regardless. It's a screen real estate that you regain when the software keyboard is not in use.
>even more so than having a hardware keyboard occupying space that never had a screen running software that was never designed to extend into that "lost" space in the first place.
You never regain the "lost space" with a non retractable hardware keyboard.
>Which is pretty damn often unless you're a faggot who only consumes.
Which is as often as one needs it, and you can still consume media when you decide to not have the keyboard present. It's a shame that you were denied oxygen as a fetus, and you can't fathom this.
>If only you knew how shit things really were.
Smartphone manufacturing sold to foxconn 0.01% of the market = success

>literally all candybar phones with keyboards are the Passport
>major PDA/Smartphone companies that directly competed in mobile data with the likes of the Palm VII/i705 and the Communicator family are "irrelevant"
>y-you're going off topic! I said the vertical design was a shit decision made to save money but we're actually just talking about BlackBerry as a company!
>h-haha you 'no u'd me, you're having a breakdown right now!
At this point you're just pulling random shit out of your ass and interlacing it with namecalling to try and keep it going. It's getting boring, I'm out.

Sorry about the mess, guys, but at least it kept the thread alive.

you mean fujitsu f07c

>At this point you're just pulling random shit out of your ass and interlacing it with namecalling to try and keep it going. It's getting boring, I'm out.
user you're too sensitive, and you're just angry that you retardation has been called out over, and over again.
>Sorry about the mess, guys, but at least it kept the thread alive
Explains why you're responses were just plain idiotic. You're priorities were to keep a thread alive instead of just providing worthwhile conversation.
Shame on you user.

Fuck.
I don't even need the slideout, give me a modern phone with t9, open source drivers so good ROM support and I would gladly pay the $1000 they ask for.
Fuck I miss being able to type comfortably with t9.
Is the patent outdated yet?

6310 was better and actually has some QC.

Bad memory size decisions.

The droid 4 is still usable for SMS, Phone calls, browsing, and shitposting.
Flashing lineage 14.1 is pretty easy.

- Sent from my droid 4.

Not really, it's more than enough for Linux and the kind of programs the CPU/GPU can handle.

For linux it's enough, but you know... i want run other stuff too.

There's a company trying to make a keyboard moto mod

I have two of these lol.

kickstarter.com/projects/2028347278/tohkbd-the-other-half-keyboard-for-your-jolla

Keyboard that attaches to the back panel of a Jolla smartphone.

Why though. On-Screen keyboards are so good nowadays, there's basically no use for hardware keyboards anymore.

too bad it won't work with lineage

Fucking kill yourself you bitch.

Wrong thread

shut up

Reminder that emojis are the reason why physical keyboards on phone were killed off.

Fuck emojis. No person aside from normies and ancients use them.
GTFO underage fag

Normies are the market worth billions of dollars.

You are not. Unless you can kickstarter the phone you dream of, you cannot have it. End of story.

Loved my Palm, shame there wasn't a huge app community for it.