Is programming dying? Doesn't seem people have the same passion and desire for it anymore...

Is programming dying? Doesn't seem people have the same passion and desire for it anymore. Have we finally realized most programming jobs get out sourced? That unless you're a fag, woman, or tranny it's hard to get hired? That unless you're literally god tier at programming you wasted all those countless days reading stupid books and spending money on classes that were meaningless? Are we starting to finally realize that programming is actually destroying society and taking away our humanity? The only thing we need to program is a time machine to take us back to the 1950s.

It's not that the passion is gone, it's just getting moved around.

Less passion for web dev, more passion for AI/neural networks/machine learning/deep learning/etc

Everything is becoming "web centric" and it's a clusterfuck. So, everyone becomes pissed.

Front-end development is ironically becoming harder than backend development, especially if its on a platform riddled with bugs that never get fixed and has poor documentation. I'm looking at you, Salesforce.

>asking for a friend
hypothetically if my friend was to pretend to be a tranny will you get instantly hired for top positions? Do these sjw's get to count my friend as a female hire? my friend would be willing to wear a wig and a dress during work hours if it means better pay and easier hiring process.

Are you retarded? There's more programming jobs available in the US and abroad than ever. Do you actually have a job because this reads like you're viewing this purely through the lens of the internet.

>Doesn't seem people have the same passion and desire for it anymore.
I still genuinely enjoy writing programs.

Actually, young white males are realizing that by working, they feed the state and welfare queens that pass legislation against them, discriminate against them, and blame them for everything that's wrong in the world.

So the smart choice is to not feed the tiger until it dies of hunger. If you work, you lose.

AI is taking over programming

It would work if you don't burst out laughing or something like that. But you'd lose your dignity so, your call.

>Alexandros Eskenazis
>Eshkenazi
>Ashkenazi

Truth has been spoken.

The problem is that, firstly, big companies now control the tech market. The exciting days of small internet startups is mostly over.

Secondly, hordes of people are trying to learn to be programmers just because you can work from home. Unlike actual engineering disciplines, there's little to weed them out before they hit the job market.

It's because programming has went from a profession and passion to a cash grab for idiots.

That's why every day I try to get Sup Forums to stop support work/uni/job threads, because every single one of these threads, EVERY SINGLE ONE is full of people who are untalented, unskilled and don't even like the subject. But have, due to propaganda decided that they're going to major in it, study it, and work in the field because that's where the money is.

Without fail every day, day after day, braindead pajeets making thread after thread about what language to learn to get a job. Or what to major in, to get a job, or what companies to apply to, to get a job.

You read these peoples posts and you KNOW that they no passion for the topic whatsoever. You know that they're idiots who probably couldn't barely scrape by middleschool science/math and yet here they are. People who were destined for a career flipping burgers at mcdonalds now think that they can be the next big web developer.

It's disgusting.

Not only does it lower the quality of commercial software. But it also drastically waters down the quality but also dilutes the hobby with brain dead shitheads.

And so what effect does that have on Sup Forums? Thread after thread, after thread, of talentless, skill-less morons talking about their useless, worthless overpriced university degrees as they clamor for some shitty, underpaid, overworked job with no career prospects in sight.

We gave up desktop threads for this? Job/career/uni threads are the cancer killing Sup Forums and should be banned on sight.

>untalented

Check this.

#include

main() {
printf("Stay angry\n");
return 0;
}

>Thread closed because mod decided to go on power trip and considered question not relevant

This. If you didn't learn programming as a kid/teenager on your own you shouldn't be allowed to graduate in computer science.

The hacker/open source/whatever is it called now communities still exist and are doing fine. The only reason you don't hear about them is that they don't really need to be heard about. They once were in the spotlight because they were the only groups capable of providing functional software in many cases.
Now the difference between programs made by communities and by corporations is that communities make software that works and corporations make software that sells. Compare Windows and Linux - one is perfectly suited to the average user of computer and actively prevents you from breaking it too much at the cost of customization options while the other can be infinitely riced to hell and back when you know what you're doing. IF you know what you're doing.

Want to see passionate programmers? Look for people doing obscure FOSS projects, not for code monkeys in cubicles.

yeah, if you tried this in some shitlib infested town like SF, Seattle or NYC no one would dare to call you out. they all would accept that you are a mental ill wig wearing faggot^H^H^H^H^Htrans person and you'd get the job. unless a disable lesbian black jew muslim tranny applied.

programming is only good for realizing your own ideas

>Doesn't seem people have the same passion and desire for it anymore.
There never was. It was always a couple of spergs ruining it as a craft and ruining themselves.

There is nothing wrong with solving a problem one has at home or toying with a new technique or whatever. The recreational programming meme has to die, though.

If you want a honest answer...

I'm 21, been programming since I was 10. I went to national competition, went to England for some project by European Union, did mainly C# and C++ (depends on what I was going for which week/month). I dropped out from University, didn't feel like it.
I did learn some web design (now it's called front end) back when I was 11-12. Old HTML and CSS, and and tables...
Now I work as a full stack dev, I have no passion towards my job. Client asks for something, talk to him, offer solutions blabla...

Zero fucking passion and zero fucking will to do it. Sick of it. Everyone is a front end or back end developer nowadays, stuff like Treehouse ruined it as much as it could.
I lived in a town (I moved a month ago for work) where IT sector is really taking off, there are fucking buildings and whatnot made especially for developers and startups. Town has ~70k people.
I can't even count how many times someone hit me up "hey, what framework should I use for *insert one of the popular languages*?".
Fucking. Hell.

I learned everything on my own, browsing forums and watching videos on Youtube made with Unregistered Hypercam and some explanation was typed in notepad.
I played with open source shit, git wasn't even a thing back then. Now, people just want to be spoonfed.
Front end devs cum when they tell you about how they do "sudo apt get" in terminal, because that makes them feel cool.

Nowadays people are not willing to learn programming but are interested in scripting something to make it work, using as many libs or frameworks as they can.
Web development is a meme because cooks and bartenders start making websites and then do it under price for someone.
"Programming" nowadays means making a mobile app.

People without any programming background or some solid knowledge start working in IT as UI/UX "engineers", QA testers or whatever...
Fuck that.

I hate my life and I hate that I chose this path.
I hope I die soon.

You could do this for a few months and slowly start dressing male again and if they bring it up, mention that you're genderfluid and your kinda feel like a guy today.

Also, what good is dignity when you're poor and destitute?

>eskenazi
>es ken nazi
>ist kein nazi
>(is not a nazi)
maybe is polish

I've been thinking about doing this, I already look like a tranny without even trying. I've been asked if I'm on HRT multiple times.
My dream job is right there for me, I just have to claim I am actually trans and I'll get hired with a nice salary.
Thanks diversity?

Now to find a place that would wanna hire me that isn't cancer to work at...

>I'm 21, been programming since I was 10
>git wasn't even a thing back then

>Git was created by Linus Torvalds in 2005

uhhhh

"a thing"

It wasn't praised as something back then.
Now just go to github, download something and post a screenshot social media as your own.

This.

We're on so many layers of abstraction now that it all feels like scripting.

>i'm not a tranny
>posts tranny propaganda
Do real trannies not realize that no man will ever love them for anything more as a cheap, exotic thrill?
Gay men want real men and straight men want real women once everything's been said and done.

Anyways, there's absolutely no drawbacks to your plan so long as you don't get mindfucked into liking it so much you want to transition for real.

how do i learn java

This has been happening for a long, long time. Why do you think the C64 still is loved and has an active fanbase?

>not declaring return value type for main

pajeet detect

but google usually links to stack overflow

People are still writing software for lots of old systems.

Fuck off. I didn't learn until college and it turns out I liked it and did well in it.

This. Computer science is inherently a changing field as technology advances.

>i went to college for PROGRAMMING!!
Fuck off, kid.
CS is literally the default major now, and it's full of literal adult children who still play video games and watch cartoons.

I am literally the meme you're talking about. I switched majors halfway through college after taking an intro course. It was fun and i heard cs jobs pay well. I graduated w/ honors and a math minor, and went and got a job. (And I like it). I have no idea why this board hates me for this.

broke: stdio.h
woke: #STUDIO.IO

You went to college to learn a programming language.
This isn't some privileged knowledge that requires years of schooling and special facilities like chemistry and medical school.
You literally sat in a classroom to learn how to program at the rate of the slowest student in the classroom.

Yes. Also for the piece of paper that most job applications require these days. You hate me for this?

Do you even have your own projects?
What is the most complex thing you've written on your own?

> That unless you're a fag, woman, or tranny it's hard to get hired?

It may estrange that you that degenerate people get jobs so easily, and you, the Sup Forumsood guy are left in the shadow.

These people get hired because they're impures, hence they pay taxes 2.0 because they don't really deserve their freedom. Arbeit macht frei.

Why are you lewding on this abusive incarnates? Did you know every 1st-world country has a decent well-ware system? Use it.

Not him but I hate you because you're degrading the work of those who actually have a passion for it. And you wasted going to college for it.

I never had a chance for college, I couldn't afford it and never will be able to. And you're meme degree is the reason self starters can't find any fucking work

Kill yourself

>i went to college for a piece of paper
lmao
you couldn't even get hired on your own merits
you don't need a college degree to make web pages

Not the guy you answered to, but what can we all do when all companies are looking for are just some shiny papers and no meaty bit dangling between your legs.

People with passion and actual knowledge will always find a place to be in.

>I never had a chance for college

Hmm. LOOK A LIKE SOMEONE smoked weed, didn't study but wasted time away like an atheist shithead and removed all oppurtunity for them colloge daeys

If you're an American white male (or female) with a CS degree who has a non-ethnic sounding name and are not applying to Indian body shops like Infosys and Tata, you're actually at a competitive advantage because there are tons of companies out there who are sick and tired of getting piles of resumes from chinks and street shitters who either graduated or cheated their way through some worthless for-profit "university" in either the US or back home and who lie about and over-exaggerate their credentials. These people make up the vast majority of applicants received especially here in NY (believe me I know). They can't say it outright, but many companies really prefer white dudes over these people. Eastern Europeans are also preferable. This is most unfortunate for American-born persons who have Indian or Chinese names because they end up unintentionally grouped in with their ethnic brethren even though they're culturally the same as white Americans. So no, programming is not dying. There is actually a huge shortage (of white American programmers).

I was hired 4 months ago into a security firm (somewhere around 800 employees). Almost all programmers I've seen are male, we have some testers and analysts who are female. No gay shit. Everyone's happy about work. Pay is literally more than twice what I was getting before. Wew. No passion.

>"But what can we all do"

The answer is nothing. Either make a start up that has to compete with literally thousands of other start ups and then finally get crushed or bought by the monopolies that exist. Or accept positions below your station at said monopolies.

True competition and innovation is dead. It's the day of consumerism and Big Corp/Big Data. We'll never be able to topple Google/Apple/IBM

ISP's, Computer Manufactures, Cellular companies. All literally too big to fail; there will NEVER be competition for them because it's just not feasible

>People with passion and actual knowledge will always find a place to be in.

And that place is in your welfare provided apartment, because if you're not retarded, you will fake autism and get a welfare check to let you live a modest comfortable life without participating in the rat race.

>you're actually at a competitive advantage because there are tons of companies out there who are sick and tired of getting piles of resumes from chinks and street shitters who either graduated or cheated their way through some worthless for-profit "university" in either the US or back home and who lie about and over-exaggerate their credentials

There are also tons of qualified people who lost confidence in IT because they were rejected, and will never work there after all. Too bad.

I think a professional programmer's passion is misplaced if their passion is programming itself, for a programmer to really feel passion at all times while developing, the passion should lie on solving problems.

for me, the passion I feel with programming comes from this fact, I'm solving problems, I'm making someones life easier by writing the code I write, I'm building something people are going to use, I don't care if it's not the best thing they've ever used, but it's there for them to use, and I built it or helped in building it, I'm always glad to hear happy users, that is what drives me forward in programming, I think

my father, an architect, when I asked ¿Why do you like architecture?, told me: I like the fact that I design these buildings and draw them for months, I love doing that, but what really is amazing, is when people walk in and awe at the beauty of the building, or the fact that I've changed the landscape of a place or city, that's what drove me to this profession.

that really stuck with me, If your passion is within the 'action' of programming, you're gonna find yourself frustrated really fast, cause you won't always design or program in your favorite language or style, or to the standards you want to, and there will be always better than you, even if you are the best, time will take your throne.

so don't rely on programming being your passion, channel your passion through programming.

That's as far from passion as anything could be.

I'm specifically talking about software development. I don't know much about the general IT industry,

You're right IT is easy to get into. Its snare lies in software development.

>>that really stuck with me, If your passion is within the 'action' of programming, you're gonna find yourself frustrated really fast
How fast is really fast, user?

I've been programming since 12 years old, I'm 31, my passion is exactly programming, more precisely going through execution paths or generally reasoning about why something doesn't work, why it works, how to make something work better, etc.

yeah I know, entry level tech support is piss easy to get into because the turnover rate is like 90%, there's no room for advancement tho

topkek

Help Desk isn't even considered to be IT anymore. Many companies don't even have their IT departments perform help desk duties anymore. Those tasks are instead relegated to "general administrative" departments. There is no longer the possibility of advancement from help desk to a better or "real" IT job.

This is why after working in I.T. for about 4 years now I'm either going to get into Security, or leave tech entirely and take over/manage my parents medical practice (what I probably should be doing anyway).

I.T. is fucked, FUCKED. If you think pajeets and resume scams are a thing in programming land, it's ten times worse in I.T. 9.5 times out of ten you are working as a corporate drone "maintaining" some arcane system, or working front line help desk support for exactly the type of low-IQ morons who think an office job is something to be proud of.

Programming is just the same shit with a different spice on top.

I'll still use Linux at home, still hack shit, I'm getting my Amateur Radio license in a month or so so I can get into FPV drones, I would like to do pentesting on the side. But tech in general is fucked. Saturation has been reached, hell we probably reached it a while ago. Now there really isn't anything that differentiates it from accounting or H.R. Even the pay is rapidly becoming similar.

In a way, maybe its for the best. The people who enjoy tech and building/breaking shit for it's own sake can finally be left alone once again.

Programming is stronger then ever.

Sure, there are a lot of shitty programmers out there, but for every 1000 shitty programmers, there is one good one. It has always been the case, only before the shitty programmers were unnoticable because being a programmer was not something to be proud of.

Just read pic related. I know its memekcd but I think the guy makes a good point.

Programming will die slowly because of the massive influx of college degree faggots that are in it for the money and the SJW that wants to make sure it is 50 percent women.

>50%
they won't be satisfied until it's 100.
Their only goal is to kick all the nerds out.

Not to mention the HR (welfare job for women) are literally trying to find a chad with college degree so they can continue the cock carousel instead of hiring the fat programmer that have talent in programming.

This is really only going to affect the major billions-in-net-worth SV companies. The thousands of other no-name companies out there (you know, the ones who employ most of America's programmers) will not even be on the radar.

Pajeets are taking over pentesting as well. Mr Robot fucked us over.

I agree that HR is waste, but let's cool it with the /r9k/ memes.

Am i the only one that is tired of watching "hi i am karlie kloss, and i make my own website......with wix" ads in youtube?

F-ing college degree scums, you are ruining programming. Go work in mcdonald, you dont like coding you simply in it for the money. And you are lucky simply because the HR is also a faggot lesbian / cock carousel that does not understand software and just look for a college degree.

Reeee. Damn normies.

There you go, you said yourself

>through execution paths or generally reasoning about why something doesn't work, why it works, how to make something work better

your passion is optimizing processes, and analising algorithms, programming is a mean for that, but it's not the only way, is not like you can't sit down and think how to put on some clothes faster by dissecting it into a series of steps. You are a tinkerer at heart, you could tinker a lot of other things if programming was not a thing.

I can't wait to see that future, gonna be fun shitfest.

you are nothing short of a nigger, people who are mediocre always take a grudge with other people that have nothing to do with them and blame them for the current state of things, focus on yourself you fucking spaz, let them be, they'll die out if they're not meant to be.

There is other field where experimenting is as cheap as it is with programming. Nothing gets even close.

college is so stupidly easy you'd have to be a literal retard to not have a bachelors.

Unless you're american, then you pay for the whole thing and your 50k debt payments start while you're still mailing out resumes, lmao.

yeah, that's the thing, programming is an easier means to do a lot of things, is not meant to be something to be passionate about.

let's say you are writing a book, what do you think takes you further in that field? feeling passion about the fact that you're typing each letter, or the passion for thinking and developing a story?

typing is programming
thinking and developing a story is solving issues, optimizing, thinking pragmatically, etc.

maybe I'm not right about all this, after all I'm 21 and I've only been programming for 5 years now, but I think about these things constantly and build upon my opinions

>Am i the only one that is tired of watching "hi i am karlie kloss
I think she was recently replaced by some faggot Brit for those commercials. In any case, Karlie taught me how to program in machine code for 3-bit ternary computers, so she isn't that bad.

>typing is programming
Yeah. You are not right about all this. Typing is typing. Programming is programming. Programming includes everything you do as a programmer, not only typing. Programming does not exist without thinking.

They are dying out. I just met a cashier that have a computer science degree. I am chimping out because these faggots are targeting my field and they are insulting my field of work indirectly by saying everyone can code.

Why work in mcdonald when everyone can code?

I wouldn't get into pentesting this day and age

You know why this is happening, it is because tech companies MUST keep salaries down in order to stay in business.

Hell the entire modern economy might depend on keeping tech wages down.

That's why this "durr GOOD programmers are rare" meme is bullshit. Sure. But GOOD programmers are also becoming more common, and thusly, cheaper.

That's my whole point user, the truth of it, is that anyone can code, anyone can be given a set of goals and achieve those goals given that they have the right capacitation, with automation and other things, promgrammers will become the lowest of the low in the IT field, if you fail to see why you need to take a deeper look into the world of today, complaining about it won't change the fact that programming is not hard at all

you can do really complex things with programming, but setting up those hard things is up for a systems analyst or a higher up llike that, promgrammers just do as they're told in IT today.

As for you, are you so dense that you cannot grasp the concept of a metaphore? and a simple one at that?

but you're right, most people refer here to 'coding' as programming and I played along, most people in IT don't 'program' they 'code' their path is already set by team managers and project managers or system analysts. So Programmers in a professional field don't do much programming at all, mostly coding, and that was my point, don't be passionate about coding I supose

it's because shareholders expect unrealistic constant growth FOR EVER
the only way to manage this is to keep raising prices and keep wages the same forever, even if you're growing as a company

The only companies that don't do this are silicon valley scam shops whose only business model is to get bought out by a bigger company before their VC funding runs out.

No what they are doing is replacing one good programmer with 5 faggots, each handle front back and server end.

Eventually only the upper level tech jobs like cloud software and obsolete languages for big companies still pay good salary.

They are overwhelming the industry with fresh faggot meat with college degree. I haven't even talk about the minorities and women quota

And you completely failed to understand everything I wrote. Programming is unlike any other field. Good programmers will never be replaced, because being good requires a very specific mindset.

Oh I wouldn't bet on making a career of it. It's like the rest of I.T., it's been scripted and automated to such a point that the jobs aren't there anymore.

Same with programming with the fuckload of frameworks and whatever, this has been happening forever. It's just automating programming itself.

Basically anything rote in tech is bad to get into. Networking, I.T., system admin, codemonkeying, etc, bad bad bad.

Yes, the entire modern econoomy is built on constant growth and debt. That stops and things are going to get ugly fast.

A side effect is professions are being attacked at every angle. Coders, lawfags, even medicine is being hollowed out by the importation of cheap, shitty labor.

>Good programmers will never be replaced, because being good requires a very specific mindset.

nobody wants to pay for GOOD, just good enough, and pajeet from big university in india is good enough and takes half your salary to do the same thing, why should we pay you?

>memes
oh sweet child

Faggot, not everyone can code and software is easy only if you make shit website with no feature and server explode when you have more than 900 simultaneus connections

He does not do what I do. If you're replaced by brainless idiots, you're doing work that can be done by brainless idiots.

This has been happening in all engineering disciplines for a century now. It's a well kept dirty secret that even back in the 60's and 70's an engineer absolutely needed to win the lottery and move to management or he would be shitcanned by a younger, cheaper dude, fresh from university and all the newest skills at a fraction of the old dude's price.

Sound familiar?

There are no such thing as gay "men", only subhuman buttfucking animals you sodomite propogandist filth. Kill yourself you filthy homosexual panderer

That does not work. No where on the majority of job applications have a field to mention you are a tranny. Not many even have gender, if they do it is for reporting purposes and a recruiter should not have access to it.

Don't think you can get by on experience too.
Once you hit the big 3 0, if you're not already in management or retired, you literally get aged out of the industry and replaced with kids who are happy to work entry level wages for insane hours because they don't have families yet.
Older men with decades of experience are too expensive.

Having a feminine name on your application helps a lot, there's no law that says you can't use your preferred name on your resume until it comes time to fill out tax forms.

Here's my first post:
>I was hired 4 months ago into a security firm (somewhere around 800 employees). Almost all programmers I've seen are male, we have some testers and analysts who are female. No gay shit. Everyone's happy about work. Pay is literally more than twice what I was getting before. Wew. No passion.
Hired as a lead programmer.
They literally can't find people with skill to hire.

College faggots cannot replace me. The problem is the HR roastie that wants cock carousel are accepting college degree chad while skipping the fat kid with high school graduate with passion in programming.

Good thing i am a lead developer, the bottom tier programming field are now so messed up. It is all faggot graduates and women and minorities that cannot code but gotta fill the SJW quota or get shitcanned as white supremacist.

Not every company is Facebook or some hipster shop.
t. gainfully employed 31 y/o programmer

Why bother programming when the planet is on the cusp of extinction?

Good luck applying for a job when you reached 40. The HR will vagina block you for a young chad with college degree. Everyone can code afterall, and college degree means they can do the job. Tee hee.

Damn, The Ada Lovelace meme was a mistake, all she did was giving some advice and now she is somekind of feminist programmer n shieet.