What usability changes and programs do you use on Windows to make it good? Fences? DisplayFusion? Classic She'll?

What usability changes and programs do you use on Windows to make it good? Fences? DisplayFusion? Classic She'll?

Other urls found in this thread:

chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

install gentoo

i use a program called install gentoo

I always move the task bar to the side of the screen. Less scrolling, and more room for tasks. I also bring back the Quick Launch and older task bar icons with titles. This is on 7.

don't do this
install netbsd instead

after a fresh installation of windows, usually one of the first programms i install is firefox and rufus to download a GNU/Linux .iso in freedom and burn it to a USB stick, i than do a fresh installation of a GNU/Linux distro of my choosing.

Classic shell and autohotkey.

What kind of Autohotkey stuff are you running?

Currently im using it to control winamp and thats it. I need to stop being lazy so i can add functions to my g600 using it.
I also have some shitty spam/flood scripts for when i feel incredibly immature.

Why do wintards always try to copy linux a decade after those features were relevant?

The Linux Subsystem thing

I throw it in the trash and install anything *nix of choice.

isn't that available for only the botnetest windows? The insider preview or something

>not installing KDE on Windows

I think its available starting from all 2016 builds, except for ltsb

Ricing faggot

Install Solus

I don't understand the purpose of this. Isn't grouping things together the idea behind.. y'know folders?

Install gentoo faggot.

>having installers on your desktop
>having single image files on your desktop
>cortana at all

>having any files on your desktop ever
>display desktop icons at all

why

ear trumpet

saves you a click, I guess. I use it because I like having icons on my desktop, but with a doubleclick anywhere I can hide them to get that clean desktop

Is DisplayFusion the only viable choice for a multi-monitor setup on shitdows 10?

Classic Shell
Sublime Text
Console Emulator
mtPuTTy
Evernote
Greenshot
AutoHotKey
I constantly use the built-in desktop manager on my main Windows work machine. I keep one standard desktop running monitoring, email, chat, and documentation, and then I create fresh desktops for projects and research as the day goes on. Just save my work and remove them at the end of the day.
If I have something long-term going on (more than a week), I will spin up a stable VM with necessary specs and push whatever I want to save to a shared drive/actual test environment VM. Becomes really convenient when testing something long term--I don't love having to set everything back up again just so.
I work in IT btw so I don't know if my approach would be suitable for a programmer/webdev, but I know sysadmins and DBAs that have benefited from this method.
Also live by Admin Zen and inbox zero (not Windows-only, certainly). Build my topologies/visual representations in Visio (sadly, haven't found a suitable replacement) and hyperlink it to documentation in the intranet wiki I built (which I also back up off-site).

classic shell is the most stupid and useless meme ever.

the standard start screen is way superior, people just can't handle change

Having a reminder to purchase Minecraft™ from the Windows Store™ every time you press the Stupid Key™ on your keyboard seems like it would be fitting for you, user

You obviously remove all of that.

install funtoo

gtfo kevin

it already Looks good

Are you fucking kidding me?
This is literally a fucking KDE thing.
What the fuck microshit
Win 10 is literally just a plasma 5 ripoff at this point

This. Odd considering it was the opposite originally.

>windows is copying KDE which was copying windows which was copying kde which was copying gnome which was copying kde which was copying cde

QTTabBar. Don't have any issues with it, even though last update was quite a while ago.

Not him, but I made some handy bindings for flipping between open windows of the same program. That way I can tile a few windows of 'x' program in the same position and toggle between them, kinda imitating a twm's stacking feature.

It's not a Windows feature, retard.

Windows 7. Classic Shell it's optional. Everything else is shit.

> Having icons on desktop

Old New Explorer, Start10, Display Fusion, and Share X.

You only need Cortana in your life

Stardock made it, dummy.

>having 1920x1070 pixels of empty space

you can fill them with lewd photo windows for desktop threads desu :3

$packages = @(
# browsers
"firefox"
"googlechrome"
# social
"thunderbird"
"discord"
"rambox"
# media
"audacity"
"youtube-dl"
"deluge"
"spotify"
"gimp"
"vlc"
"blender"
# gaming
"geforce-experience"
"ds4windows"
"msiafterburner"
"steam"
"battle.net"
"borderlessagming"
# tools
"chocolateygui"
"testdisk-photorec"
"teamviewer"
"autohotkey"
"7zip"
"speccy"
"sharex"
"openvpn"
"windirstat"
"sumatrapdf"
"rufus"
# devel
"cmder"
"git"
"git-lfs"
"python"
"python2"
"VisualStudioCode"
"meld"
)

Set-ExecutionPolicy AllSigned;

iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))

# hail mary
echo "Installing Packages"
choco install -y --allowEmptyChecksums $packages

oh you need to run it with admin prompt and at least allsigned execution privileges

enjoy btw

Reformat and install another OS.

It's incredible that Android's UI and the majority of programs on it are more pleasing to the eye than Windows now. Windows got messier because it was trying to be a mobile UI, and yet the actual mobile UIs got better.

Seer, everything + wox.