mkg/ - Getting Laid Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

world.taobao.com/item/556355165762.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.6419a3bcbuXJRW
oerc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Historical-Research.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sorry for the shit meme. I noticed the thread was on page 10 and I had to come up with something semi original fast

I won a raffle for five of these. They come today. Super hype.

>gemstone keyboard keys

how is this not a thing yet.. its beautiful !

I think they're more like starry skies kinda looks. Apparently they're 30 bucks each so that's neat. And mass drop actually has a gemstone one up ATM.

Bump

Where my AT101/2W bros @?

Pic not mine, don't have a working camera atm

better than half the shit I post

Is there no left handed ANSI keyboard? I'm not a lefty but I would benefit from such a keyboard.

Just buy a TKL and a separated numpad.

Optimal positioning is Keyboard Mouse Numpad tho.

There are, but you can't afford them

The best layout ever made is ISO and ANSI COMBINED.

No, the best layout ever made was the original ANSI prototype

No, retard. Enter key across two rows (ISO) combined with large left shift (ANSI) is best.
Don't be a normie all your life.

wrong.
the original ANSI enter is the best enter key

The original ANSI key was absolutely pointless. You are wrong.

>t. cuck
what ever happened to this community? I bet you hate any switch that has an actuation force above 100g.

No, unless you have girl hands there's no reason for having double width left shift. The return key position is debatable though. As a European I'm used to the ISO return key but honestly it feels pretty stupid to waste two keys for what could obviously be done with just one. There's no obvious way in which the extra vertical area makes it easier or faster to hit return other than preventing you from mistakenly hitting backspace or enter when trying to hit the button between them.

>calling people cucks because their preferences differ to yours
You are what happened to this community. Fuck off.

The vertical enter and split left shift give you one more key than ANSI.

no you sissy fags are the worst. always coming in and shitting up things real men have been using for decades

>boohoo he doesn't like what I like
Cry more you little nerd.

did the little man baby get triggered?
Go back to your boyfriend fag this isn't a safe space

>I can't accept other peoples opinions so I'm going to cry about it instead

Autism defined

that's an old picture

So I'm using a4tech kv-300h right now and I want to try mechanical keyboard. I'm using it only for internet and programming. What keyboard should I try(the cheaper, the better)?

get an emacs mechanical keyboard

how does /mkg/ deal with keychatter?

by buying a capacitive keyboard

you don't deal with it, you fix it

how does /mkg/ fix keychatter?
just resoldering the entire board?

Replace the switch that's chattering, then learn what keychatter is so that you understand why you replaced the switch.

Examples?

People complaining about new ones

was there a time when they didn't?

HHKB Pro 2 BT

There might have been a week in 2010

What about 104 key ones?

eww

Realforce or Model F

Or just get any keyboard you want, keychatter isn't a widespread issue in the first place and is also easily fixed.

My Ducky Zero One has a missing rubber pad

Where do I get a new one

IBM model f or any of the BTC foam and foil keyboards

>BTC foam and foil keyboards
those aren't capacitive

nevermind what I just said

get a 3m pad from amazon

Shitty phone camera

Poker 3
Cherry MX Brown
DSA Granite Keycaps

Thoughts on these?

I want to swap springs on my board and need to desolder but keep hearing I could really mess up my pcb doing this. Think it will be fine?

Bought expensive keycaps to better match mouse and KB and they match worse than the stock ones.
I'm very sad

They matched fine to begin with

Yes that's what I just said

Wait, how did you ever think those light grays matched closer to your mouse's dark gray?

They're not light in the aliexpress listing. Oh well they still look great even if I hate anime. I'll just buy a nice aluminium keyboard for them then buy another darker set for my MX silver board

what listing did you look at? I have yet to see one where they look even remotely dark gray

either calibrate your monitor or tell kbdfans to take better images of their products

Nah I'll just keep then they're still nice. Might put them on my other board or maybe leave them

Erm yes they are capacitive...

see You can probably flip them on reddit for a decent price.

Just to add on to this, I think you confused BTC dome with slider with BTC F&F

Dome with slider - Conductive
Foam and Foil - Capacitive

Fair enough, never read the reply.

Apart from the silly shit you get wrong you seem to know your cherry / clone switches. Where can I get a decent MX keycap set with a stepped caps lock and off-centre mount?

>hate anime
>get the penultimate weaboo keyset
???

GMK/EnjoyPBT sets have that kind of cockslap iirc. Not sure if SP also offers that with their caps, but you should be buying EnjoyPBT anyway.

You have a shit monitor m8, the listing clearly shows light grey

The one with the blatantly repeated pattern on green and the bottom one look lame.
What's the process to make these?

Thoughts on world.taobao.com/item/556355165762.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.6419a3bcbuXJRW ?

Looks like a better Anne Pro for a few more bucks, but I can't read Chinkspeak.

Looks really good to me. Type C, bluetooth, metal case. It has cherry switches though

what are some good o rings for a keyboard with OUTEMU Brown switches? And can I use o rings for cherry switches for OUTEMU switches?

You should be able to use the same o-rings. Outemu browns have the same style cross stem as Cherry.

o rings go on the keycaps, not the switches

You're probably looking at a different kit. One is light with dark modifiers and one is all dark. Although yes my monitor is not calibrated for accuracy, its calibrated to not look totally different than my second monitor(6 year old 1080p tn).

That has nothing to do with his questions.

yeah it does
>And can I use o rings for cherry switches for OUTEMU switches?
o -rings go on the keycaps meaning it doesn't matter what the switch is.
Next time try reading his post

O-rings don't fit on all types of switches. He's asking about specific switches.

Where the o-rings go is irrelevant.

What are some good accessories/advice for ergonomics for a standard keyboard?

arm rests, negative tilt keyboard trays, palm rests, lighter springs, and a split keyboard. If you're wondering about switch height, don't. Scientific research has found no correlation between RSI and switch height. Now heavier switches and wrist rests do indeed cause some from of RSI. If you're interested in the details then the office ergonomics research committee has a whole bunch of papers going in depth about all these topics
oerc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Historical-Research.pdf

I have a magicforce 68 with Outemu Blacks.

I ordered some Kailh BOX switches to replace them.

Is it difficult to desolder the switches and solder in the new ones, or can I just watch a few videos online and get it done?

AT101W Black with Late (shit) ALPS Black here. Got it for cheap and it keeps on chugging.

>ALPS Black
Have you considered click or linear-modding them?

is it bad if I keep my arms floating?

that's good

arms floating wrists straight is optimal ergo position

ideally you want your hands to hover over the keyboard, but for long typing sessions arm and palm rests are okay

Checking in

>Budget
$100-$200
>Location (continent at least)
Burger
>Preferred switch type
Its for work, so I want it quiet, not clangy. I like tactile. So probably clear? Tactile, quite, medium weight.
>Layout
ANSI, I ain't no commie.
>Form factor
Full or TKL
>Backlight
I should say no but I'm going to say yes because I'm a fag

I performed the ritual as requested.

sup bois
anyone else get m i a m i?
never used this type of key before, it feels weird

how is my photo?

looks garbage my relation

needs more guns

Does a black switch feel the same as blue just without the noise? I want a typist keyboard but blues might be too noisy

Ajazz ak33 ledless black switch

Mine still hasn't arrived in Australia yet

Massdrop's international shipping really shits the bed recently

hasnt it always been shit?
heard its like 2x the price of the actual item for anywhere outside conus

Used to be good for me, cheaper than any other US business including Amazon and all the other major retailers, with the product always arriving in about two-four weeks (depending on how lazy AusPost decided to be) and tracked the whole way.

Now it's still cheap, but takes ages and is completely untracked so I have no fucking clue where it's at or what's happening with it.

Endgame layout, no strings attached. Do you like?

what keeb is this? is it mechanical?

You can mess it up if you heat the joint too much. Just get a desolder pump and add fresh solder to the joint as you go and it will be alright. It's not hard but a bit time consuming.
Dont forget to get a proper switch opening tool though, I have messed up a few switches when I tried to open them with screwdrivers.