If robots are replacing humans. Who buy all those products made by robots?

If robots are replacing humans. Who buy all those products made by robots?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_EIGfzKvg5I
youtube.com/watch?v=c9xVWOfXW7U
youtu.be/uE5UFLoBlBA?t=146
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

humans in industries other than manufacturing

humans who own the means of production.

havent you learned anything from history, you dumb pleb?

free market will fix this

Workers and the whole economy are moving from the primary and secondary to the services sector. It's been going on for decades now.
There is no place in the modern economy for uneducated workers.

3 words

universal
income
check

No, it's never EVER going to happen.
People who still have jobs will NOT want to support a population of neets who are functionally useless and offer NOTHING of value to society.

"services sector" = Generic cashier. But cashiers are obselete and can be replaced with robots; i prefer buy using ATMs or machines, no supermarket cashiers.

no

>Who buy all those products made by robots?

I am, using neetbux taken from people whose jobs is to design and maintain said robots.

The neo-hierachy is robot-engineers-NEET with NEET at the top.

If you have a job, I thank you for your service providing me with free food, video games, a place to live and weekly sex with clare from down the street.

I never thought I'd defend this or find some "good" in the feminization of society but, yes.

It's very much possible, the mind can be stretched to unsurmountable limits.

In my country, literal cucks make protests to bring in more refugees and to pay for them and their expenses through welfare, if this can happen, people wanting to fund an universal income check to mitigate "MUH POVERTY SUFFERING" is not far fetched.

Your move.

Sure there is.

Not going to say the jobs pay well or anything

Walmart employs 1.4M people
fast food restaurants employ 3.7M people

The future isn't rosy here, the top earners are making off very well but everyone else is left behind.

There is more than cashiers in the services sector.
Do you know who supervises those cashiers/self-pay boxes, does the supply chain calculations, analyses the cost-benefit ratios, manages the warehouse, audits the workforce, balances financial statements, analyses the market tendencies, prepares campaigns, etc?
The modern enterprise is fucking massive.

if this is all you want from life, you're welcome. take it, you don't make me mad. meanwhile I make 101.8 k p.a. after taxes with 7 weeks of paid leave per year in which I can travel the world and enjoy my endless purchasing power. The rest of the time, I have a challenging job in which I can keep my mind well-trained and design products that do change the world.

Life as a software engineer in an international tech company > life as a NEET. But everyone is free to chose. If I want to be a NEET tomorrow, I become one.

>if I call communism something else people might like it

service sector exclusively refers to unskilled labor, you need a degree for everything you described there

Fine then, those forklifts won't drive themselves.
Yet.

>no way to earn a living
>either starve or rob and kill

*unironically teleports behind you*
You know what's going to happen if you don't feed the neets. Nothin personnel

i don't really care desu worst case scenario I'll just gtfo somewhere else if they do that here.

you could just get rid of them before they get uppity

>no way to earn a living

nice meme
industries emerge as automation grows

>but nobody will have jobs if people start using oxen to till much larger fields!

You can either sustain capitalism by feeding the poor, or you can let 90% of the population starve when their jobs are made obsolete, and have a actual communist uprising.
Which one is it gonna be?

>what is kuka
>what is abb

>service sector exclusively refers to unskilled labor
wat

The USA and communism are polar opposites, I'd worry about that in Europe but not in America.
The indoctrination is too good.

yeah i agree with that, but the problem is how fast these jobs will be lost and how slow (if at all) these new industries will emerge.

You lay off a factory of workers, and replace them with maybe 2-4 people who are engineers/mechanics that fix the robots.
Where do the other 96 people go ?

I dont have a solution to these problems but i can see them coming.

Three words:

Universal Basic Income.

youtube.com/watch?v=_EIGfzKvg5I

youtube.com/watch?v=c9xVWOfXW7U

But this isn't a hypothetical. Automation is here, and the new industries that are supposed to come and save the day aren't. It isn't working.

>thinking everyone has the mental capability to get a high IQ job, when millions of beings can't even poo in the loo properly
>implying the current population can fit into those jobs

Reality is going to hit sjws real hard soon.

>not staying and enjoying the free bux

Not possible, that would go against the current politically correct brainwash and would shock the entire population, not something (((they))) would want.

starving people do not give a fuck about communism, only about food and amenities, and they have already learned their lesson with that meme jewish ideology.

so people get a set amount of money every week

where does the money come from? Or do we just print more and become the next zimbabwe

lmaoing at your life right now, how dumbdumb can you even be?

Taxes.

Imagine being at the complete and utter mercy of your government just to afford food and shelter.
What's going to happen in 30 years when wrongthink becomes something that will make you ineligible for UBI and since it's almost impossible to find a job, you will literally die.

Those economy-murdering bastards over in /csg/

You are already at mercy of your government, think of what will happen if some absolute moron hits the houses and tanks the economy.
You should always have a second citizenship as a last resort plan.

Robots built to consume only... oh wait those are what humans are today.

Uprising, terrorism, civil war.

Have you even played total war?

You could avoid uprisings in the US with the threat of surgical missile strikes and constant surveillance.

Why would the US nuke itself to kill civilians?

And then china or russia would smarten up and join into the nuking taking the US out of the game.

Guerrilla warfare and civil war is hell. You can't use biological weapons or nukes because you are literally next to it.

drone strikes then

So the taxes are gonna come out of the basic income?

This is the only solution, it's the lesser of evils.

That'll be the whole of humanity once AI and robotics get's sophisticated enough.
It's not going to stop at replacing fast-food workers.

Say the basic income is $500.
Every human receives that.
If the human works, he receives salary on top of those $500
The deal is that no matter what, you are going to get those $500, even if you earn 3k a month.
Taxes will come from salaries ($500 universal income check is untaxed)

And yes, people aren't going to magically close up their bussinesses and shit because they could get 500 bucks if they didn't work, so the taxes will add up.

Also, every bit of welfare gets removed, the only governmental help would be those $500.
Some people have done the math and it works.
You also save bureaucracy and shit on welfare and such.

what if only 10% of the population works
what if 0% work
>so the taxes will add up
really rigorous proof you have there user

That's easy. Automation is going to produce more goods than we already have. We're humans, we build our own societies. With UBI the resources will be redistributed.

>People who still have jobs will NOT want to support a population of neets who are functionally useless and offer

I will do it I don't care man should only dedicate their lifes to sciences, engineering art and sports while machines does all the hard job.

The amount of resources are going to increase, it's just that those resources will be in the hands of fewer and fewer percent of the population as automation increases.

looser.

what if what if what if
what if everyone committed sudoku tomorrow?
what if every refugee returned to their country by tomorrow?
what if the sun explodes?
what if you were straight?

Those aren't really arguments, are they?

>tim cuck: of fuck, you can get 500 bux a month now, lets close apple.

No one. AI will become self-sustaining and will replace humans completely, not violently but simply because we will become outdated. Technology will become a world of its own and due to our overreliance on it we will be left behind.

The difference is that oxen can only do one thing.
Given enough time, an AI can do anything that a human can.

>my entire life is a boomer meme
>i travel to feel important and to brag about it on facebook while knowing nothing of the culture of these people and basically using this country as my shitter for a few days, this means i'm cultured
>i could buy 1000 iphones on a whim, you hear that? hehehe
>i need to work, so i make more money so i'll work again to make more money so i'll be able to say i have more burger coupons on my imaginary bank account that i'll never be able to deplete
>why is my life so empty?
>why can't i find meaning?
>why did i marry this golddigging whore that grimaces at the sight of me?

I pity you, honestly.

Makes me wonder why Sup Forums don't hope aboard the automation train. (Perhaps they do? I don't know.)

Large-scale automation would reduce the urgent need for unskilled migrant labour in Western states with rapidly ageing native populations.

>he thinks migrants are let in because we need "labour" when the entirety of southern europe is jobless and starving on 100€ welfare paychecks

Maybe you should go to Sup Forums and ask them.

You're pathetic. Obsessed with material possessions and working for someone else. Delusional and worthless.

Yes but if 75% of the polutation don't have a job, they will support universal income and you will never have to work again. But at the moment robotos can't replace enough job... Maybe in 10 years universal income will be slowly accepted as the number of jobs is decreasing.

there wont be enough for money for that if all brainlets that cant code become jobless.

the starving people would become terrorists that would destroy your robot factories and kill their owners.

Robots

the corrupt jew politicans would never do the changes that this requires.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

You can avoid the communist uprising with another world war that wipes out those 90% some see as "useless eaters".

thats not enough for anything. you would have to live on the streets to afford food and other things that you might need.

I could live comfortably on $500 a month if I didn't have to pay rent.
That would have to be subsidized too.

>not living inside a van

Adapt or perish, inside a van you have your pc with 5g connection, what more could you ask of life?

I can see this working, but where do you park your van at night to sleep?
And how do you keep from looking like a creepo with a van?

Humans making a living from universal basic income

its probably illegal to do that here so it would require even more law changes.

>Do you know who supervises those cashiers/self-pay boxes
A fraction of the untrained labor that would be required to do the actual cashier job. At my supermarket there are 12 self-service stations and 2 employees overseeing them. So less than 10% of the previous employment working on tills they used to have, if they wanted the same capacity.

The rest of what you said is a long chain of mere puffery and by far not the biggest employer/role. Cashier is.

The problem is not that there will be NO jobs, its that there will be insufficient number of jobs to over the losses. You'll never get even half of the roles overseeing automation than you would having them be done manually.

I dream about world where robots with AI serve in army and I never go in an army again.

the taxes will never be raised to 99% as long as the current politicans control things. and theres no money for basic income if they dont tax the robot owners.

>service sector exclusively refers to unskilled labor

lol

it costs less but you dont see that as lower prices in stores. all saved money goes to the store owners.

>where does the money come from?

from the profits the people owning the means of production are making

see

They can't tax the robot owners because they can easy move out of country. There on the Earth a lot of countries, you know. Even possible create one new specially for robot owners.

Are you sleepy, sheeple?
It's obviously time to seize the means of production!!!

>can't ever move upwards since there's literally no jobs left, so you'll die as poor or rich as your parents were
>can't ever contribute anything to any field unless it's in academia
>to get there you must go to college, but since you're earning the bare minimum and college prices keep upping, you must take a loan from the bank
>the bank will give you a shitty contract
>now you must use most of the money you earn to pay off your debt, so you can't even save money
>want a car and house and/or medical care? More bank loans!
>now it's time to retire, but since there's no retirement plans and most of your working hours went to pay off banks, you are left earning only the universal income, so you would be in a better position by never working at all
>can't make your own company since those automatized will outproduce you
>the few human workers left won't receive more money despite production skyrocketing, since everyone will be so desperate for a job, there'll be literal lines to replace those workers (also working conditions will go to the shitter for this same reason)
>since companies will be the ones to decide and pay the universal income (if it was the government it would be labeled "communism"), they'll have more leverage over the citizens. You can bet your ass that income will come after you sign some asinine contract that allows the company to rape your kids and remove your pays for whatever bullshit reason they want
>spend your entire life being listened and judged by "artificial intelligence"
>the only people that will amass money in this world are the ones who control the robots and "AI", ** (which is why every major tech company is in a desperate race right now to achieve them) **
Universal income is slavery. The real problem is not replacing humans with robots, it's that doing so will only benefit the companies that can afford it.

honestly, most people earn only enough to live paycheck to paycheck, that's already slavery and we're experiencing it already.
this just levels the playing field so everyone is as poor as the stupidest citizen

blank out all the windows in the van, or buy one of those with no back windows. Camperized vans are a thing, google it. This is not new.
Illegal if they can prove you live inside the van.

>not just assaulting the factories reking the robots

Nedd Ludd is back.

Just because we automate all menial labour doesn't mean there's no jobs at all. If anything the relative homogeneity of goods on the market is going to drive up demand for unique artisanal goods. Not to mention many service industries, you're never going to build a robot plumber, you can compile all the plumbing knowledge thee is but you'll never build a machine with the kind of speed, dexterity, agility and instinctive knowledge of a human plumber.

You can't have an economy of artists selling dime a dozen artistic works, retard.

I didn't say anything about art. I said artisanal. There will always be a market for bespoke handmade goods requiring skill, and that market can only be inflated by the primary economy shifting to Ikea-style mass-manufactured goods.

>nigga really
i ain;'t that user but a nuke on us citizens by the usa is a suicide option.
im from /k/ by the way

This. Automation will remove all the shit jobs nobody wants to do anyway. The only people working will be those who want to work, everyone else can get by on gov bux.

The movie industry, other media producers, sports competitors, etc will all still have a valid business model. Perhaps an even strong market demand because fewer people are busy working and can consume more entertainment on a regular basis

The people who still have jobs won't matter when 51% of the voting population can't work because there are literally no more jobs to be had. The universal basic income won't be because people are lazy, it will be because robots are more cost efficient.

>people who still have jobs

You mean the 10%?

10% vs. 90%, sounds like they'll pay the 90% to avoid a takeover.

rest of the world. Wages have tripled in in vietnam and indonesia in ten years enabling more consuming options

this universal income thing seems so unrealistic to me. the politicans are still worrying about some people not having traditional jobs here and trying to get them to work even without pay and people not working are called leeches everywhere and the people living to work hate them.

when we get to the point where robots can completely take over the jobs that plebs do, the elite will simply fucking cull 95% of the population, the remaining ones will live like kings with their robot servants

There are many flaws with the post in the picture. This guy is some random nobody who thinks he’s in the “know”. Fear mongering garbage.

NO ONE WILL BUY ANYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROBOT REPLACE HUMAN MEANS THERE'S NO NEED FOR MONEY ANYMORE, HUMAN WILL BE FREE

>Universal income is slavery.
ahahah wtf.

Today most people are forced to work if they don't want to die, that is slavery.

why dont you try and refute the points then, instead of ad homineming it and making yourself seem foolish.

this is probably what will happen. the good thing is that i will be dead before this happens.

but user dont you want to live to see the glorious destruction and combat that is cybernetic warfare.

i want to hear the crunch of robosoldiers bodies under the treads of my tanks so bad.
youtu.be/uE5UFLoBlBA?t=146

Artesian goods are scarce even today and it's not profitable for a myriad of reasons.
Furthermore, plumbers, electricians, a/c repairmen, etc. Are not scarce today. Automatizing jobs will make more people turn to those areas therefore lowering the wages and working conditions (that aren't that good to begin with) of people in that area.
Again, automatizing everything only benefits companies.

i saw some article about this kind of tech being ready 2060 and i would be over 50y old then. dont really want to live to get shot by a robot.