What 4k tv should you be buying this fall and why is it the LG C7?

What 4k tv should you be buying this fall and why is it the LG C7?

Other urls found in this thread:

geizhals.eu/?cat=monplas&xf=5137_3840x2160
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>falling for the 4k meme

>3000 dollarinos
No thanks, don't see why I'd buy that one over any other 4K OLED.

Enjoy your adds on the home screen

>buying a TV
garbage refresh rate and severe input lag

We need ads to keep this stuff cheap, goy.

And how does that matter for viewing media?

>confirmed for not knowing shit about modern tv's
C7 running at 4k, 60fps +HDR scores 21.2MS

Do they make TVs with good specs that aren't smart TVs anymore? I don't need bloated shit like this.

Why would we do that, goy?

>60fps
>21.2MS
Not him, and I assume you mean milliseconds, but those are pretty shit compared to monitors.

I don't buy above 32 inch tv's

>le 4k memeia

>[current year]
>buying TV
kys pleb

I read about a company which was planning on doing that about a year ago but I haven't heard anything about that ever since.

Do all new LG TVs have ads?
I need a 43" TV
Considering LG or Sony

Don't be a faggot and buy a samsung, you're spending a lot of money might as well get the best.

maybe in burgerland?
or user something on top of webOS.
I've got 2 lg's here and the only ads I've seen on them are the pre-installed apps (that you can easily unistall or disable) and fetaured apps on their app store (and well, it's the app store, so in a way you are actively looking for ads).

>(that you can easily unistall or disable)
That's all I needed to hear, thanks

>samsung
doesn't have a direct-lit TV under 46".
LG has direct-lit IPS
Sony has direct-lit VA

i'm happy with pic related, costs 800$ and it has all i need

I'd tell him to buy LG because it's reasonably priced for its good features and I subjectively prefer their image quality over samsung's. Just be sure to pre select a good panel, in account of the ips light bleed lottery (I had to return 2 sets before settling on my 42" but I kept the first 4k 49" delivered).

otherwise, look for an android set. webOS never bothered me, but it's not compatible with kodi and other popular apps, e.g., (same with samsung, tyzen is their OS iirc). In that case go for a philips or sony, I know that philips have some models with android (not all) and last I heard Sony was migrating totally to android, not sure about that, but a quick search should be enough to answer that.

actually, I don't think you can disable them, by disabling, I mean removing from the apps list displayed. I think that when you remove them from that list (literally, all you have to do is click an x above the icons) they get uninstalled. So no need to search under hidden menus or follow tutorials, that sort of thing.

I'm happy with my sets.

Both my Panasonic VT60 and LG c6 have ads and they are both much better than anything Samsung has sold.

>they are both much better than anything Samsung has sold.
Your buyers remorse is showing.

what exactly do you mean by ads? pops ups on your screen, when you start an application? When you turn them on?

49ub8500
42lb6500

I turn them on, wait 3 seconds for the app list overlay to disappear and just watch whatever is on (cable). When i bring the overlay, the first icon is the hdmi (source), followed by the apps. Nothing ever appeared there that I didn't install (or didn't remove) myself.

Stay away from Sony if you plan to use it on a home network. I bought a Bravia and it's got zilch for dlna apps and support and it can't play mkv. I don't mean it had lousy dlna apps. It has none. There is no way to get apps on the TV.

If your comparing it to the spec sheet you see in the store page sure 21ms is horrible compared to 5ms advertised on a monitor but if you actually take the time to get the actual numbers, 21ms is not bad

>If your comparing it to the spec sheet
Nope.

Good to know though I planned to get a Raspberry Pi 3 for local media
It will basically act as a monitor, except for satellite TV that I'll watch occasionally

yo ****n

Are there any non-"smart" 4k TVs?

geizhals.eu/?cat=monplas&xf=5137_3840x2160

Most 4K TVs actually have 120hz refresh rates.

>go to dead Sears location
>They're discontinuing all electronics
>Find 4k 65" 3d Samsung TV marked clearance
>Small screen scratch dead center, not noticeable until the panel is turned off
>Ask manager about it
>He checks latest markdown
>Tv hasn't received a proper markdown in months. Goes down to $200.99 with complimentary cleaning kit that's discontinued as well.