Is there a way/software to show on screen your PSU's model/wattage?

Is there a way/software to show on screen your PSU's model/wattage?

I have a chink one that doesn't even have labels on the case.

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/news/50474-teen-electrocuted-while-salvaging-parts-from-a-computer.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>build expensive computer
>Cheap out on psu, buy just
>put device in my expensive computer that will fry it if it's not perfectly regulated
>

Give me the next step in your process

are you fucking retarded?

lul
probably not unless you have a special board connector and PSU for that

it's my 10 years old pc, didn't even know how to put together one myself
look, a cousin of mine just old me "you can see your psu info, win 10 only though lel", i'm still looking. He's a known mythomaniac
yeah, does that thing even exist? psu should have a microprocesor or something to give that information to the mobo, right?

your cousin is full of shit, the only way to know your PSUs "wattage" is to read the label on the side of it

yeah, fucking knew it, still love him though. he just gets off by spitting stupid lies for no reason.

i still have the mega chink psu problem though, guess ill have to open the actual psu case to se if there some info inside.

i dont recomend that. if you are really going to do that be really careful, you could die

if you open the PSU itself that thing can carry lethal current even after its turned off, so keep that in mind

Why would you need to do that? All you need to know is that the PSU belongs in a trash can before it causes a housefire.
If a shity chink PSU held up well enough then a decent 350/400 watt unit for a respectable company should be a good replacement.

would unplugging and turning on the computer help with that?

Yep, you are right, currently looking for a 600-650 W Evga. Nothing too expensive

you dont want to risk it

This will be you: techspot.com/news/50474-teen-electrocuted-while-salvaging-parts-from-a-computer.html

Used no name PSUs for years. They do have kinda high failure rate but never had one catch fire or burn other components.

Many work with no problems for years.

Biggest downside is noise and low efficiency at light loads.

>noise and low efficiency at light loads
lol, that's exactly what's happening right now.

>buy chink psu
>has an exhaust
>has no intake
>weird.jpg
>install it
>powering my i7 3600k + gtx 280 since 6 years ago

Glad I didn't fall for the psu meme.

mine was powering an athlon x3 455 + hd 5570, switched to phenom x6 1090t and started whining like crazy

There is a way. You need a passive, "straight through" modulising impulse detector. This will allow you to connect your PSU to it and then attach wires from that to your motherboard The PSTMID will have a readout on it that you van put in the drive bay of your computer. Failing this you could always just buy a better PSU

If you open the PSU case you could get seriously hurt just saying. You might not, but there's a chance.

Just spend $30-ish on Amazon and get an 80+ bronze rated PSU. There's no point in fucking around with some old chink shit.

does someone make non chink housefire models of these anymore? the new models with the fan on the bottom arent really good for old cases.

>guess ill have to open the actual psu case to se if there some info inside
Can I have your stuff when you die?