What's the point buying expensive mics? You're not a voice actor, so why the fuck do you own expensive mics?

What's the point buying expensive mics? You're not a voice actor, so why the fuck do you own expensive mics?

Pic related is $20.

Not as funny as people using racing seats as desk chairs.

But I am a voice actor

Consumerists, also idiots.

I love seeing people with these $2k microphones to make Youtube videos, where the sound quality then plummets to 128kbs (if they're lucky).

I want to become a voiceover for anime in my small country. What mic do I buy?

Because I'm a recording engineer.

Probably falls apart if you look at it funny. A good condenser microphone can’t cost less than $200 without major losses in one or several aspects.

Nice mics have lower noise and distortion, and can handle a higher SPL, so everyone can hear you shouting “die you fucking nigger” in PUBG in all it’s crisp clarity.

Also, why do people buy expensive headphones or sound systems? They’re not musicians and probably don’t have the ear for music, so what benefit would they receive? Let people spend money on what they want.

you gotta have a cute voice first
post vocaroo

>Pic related is $20
And sounds like literal shit without audio interface which is $100.

Because I like to have nice things, user. You'd understand if you were poor at some point.

Same argument can be leveled at cameras: why shoot RAW when you’ll just upload the image to the web as a compressed jpeg? In both cases it’s obviously it’s about the latitude available to you before the audio becomes compressed. A good mic will still sound better even on a compressed stream, particularly since the codec won’t waste bits encoding noise.

I don't want wake up anyone, so no vocaroo.
But I have a deep voice, I like it.

But then why do people insist on making talking head videos when they have a massive penisphone in front of their face?

Prove it

>why do people insist on making talking head videos
You should have stopped there.

You are as clueless auidofaggot as it gets, mate. Pure hifi retarded bliss

Why don't news anchors on TV have xboxhueg microphones?

it is so you can hear everything they do because they are so important

because broadcast engineers > clueless youtubers

Prove it.

i don't need to.

its for ease of editing
its much easier to edit good audio then shit audio
the fags who use them for voice chat are stupid

I'm a voice actor. I don't work from home though, only through my agency. Considering working from home too though.

kek

looking cool on Twitch for the kiddies, I think

I had a poor childhood and I don't spend money on anything now that I earn $$$ in the top percentile. However, my dad made it to the middle class after I graduated and he's constantly in debt because he can't stop buying things. It's kind of sad and I wish poorfags becoming richfags could stop spending money on pointless shit because it's outright dumb and unnecessary.;

>buy high tier electronics that rarely need to be replaced
>buy low-mid tier electronics that often need to be replaced
a good microphone can last decades. it's more expensive over time if you have to keep replacing them.