Automatic mahjong tables are technology

Automatic mahjong tables are technology.

If you're unfamiliar, the whole purpose of this table is to set up the wall for you. When playing mahjong, each player has to have a stack of tiles 2 high and 12ish wide in front of them (depending on your variation). This is kind of a pain in the ass to build, especially when hands can be over quickly. The table stacks the tiles in a mechanism below, and pushes them up onto the table with a push of a button. Then after the hand is done, you just push all the tiles into a hole in the center, it stacks them up, pushes the other set of tiles up, and you're ready for the next hand.

Looking at pic related after I move for game night with the boys. I've got a group that knows how to play riichi and there might even be cash involved.

Anyone ever get one of these things?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Mahjong
youtube.com/watch?v=CvGJswY6S-4
youtube.com/watch?v=_xxncOUKL9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*Autistic mahjong tables are technology.

fixedthat4ya

*Mahjong is autistic

FTFTFY. Seriously though, have you ever seen the scoring rules for japanese mahjong? I don't know how people do it without score apps or a rulebook.

>japanese mahjong?
Asian here. I'm familiar with mahjong, but I have no clue to what "japanese mahjong" is. can I get a quick rundown on some of the major differences?

So basically there's japanese, chinese, and american - there are others, but those are the big 3.

* Japanese (aka riichi) mahjong has the most complicated rules IMO. Gets its name from the call you make when your hand is closed, you need one tile to go out. Get that tile and get more points. Often played for real money, hence the tables. Lots of special hands.

* Chinese mahjong is a lot simpler (but still complicated), and has flower/season tiles.

* American (AMA) mahjong is shit - you have to purchase a rulebook every single year with different rules.

And absolutely none of these have anything to do with the tile matching game that fills your search results if you look for 'mahjong'. It's not a tile matching game, it's more like rummy.

>Often played for real money, hence the tables.
This is the only way I have seen mahjong played unless you're being thought, but Japanese mahjong seems interesting. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the quick rundown user. Much appreciated.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Mahjong

HTH!

I've never played Mahjong but I do play Solitaire, aren't they pretty similar or am I thinking of the different combination of the two called "Mahjong Solitaire"? Also is it difficult to learn?

this is what mahjong looks like
most people are more familiar with "mahjong solitaire", which is a different game

pic related for mahjong solitaire

Oh okay, yeah I was thinking of Mahjong Solitaire

also, calling them similar is like saying the game of dominoes is similar to standing them up and knocking them over

computer/cellphone ``mahjong'' needs to be added to this list it is a matching game only related insofaras it uses what look like mahjong tiles
real mahjong is more like poker

you can actually play it in real life?

Post webms if you have them. Auto tables are so fun to watch

are you asking if it's possible to stack up tiles and pick up matching ones by hand?
you might as well also be asking if Freecell can be played in real life, too (... it can be)

i just didn't realize it used an actual single full mahjong set
i've never really played it

Ugh, here's a youtube link. Sup Forums is really fucking faggy about the webms it will accept.

youtube.com/watch?v=CvGJswY6S-4

i'd post a lot more webm's if i didn't get bogus "there's an embedded file" errors 80% of the time

This is what it is also. The perspective of the special wild block circumstance. The traditional rules using the block with ball in place.

looks like something i'd throw in my dishwasher

Some detail explanation on how it works. OP pic is from here I think.
youtube.com/watch?v=_xxncOUKL9o

>being an autistic puritan who needs to do the stacking themselves
fuck of autist