Portuguese sounds more like French than Spanish

Portuguese sounds more like French than Spanish.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nJo6r33_A2U
youtu.be/OigfEaxZRs4?t=13m34s
youtube.com/watch?v=oxQe_BeRba0
youtube.com/watch?v=69UqoR0dqLg
youtube.com/watch?v=coQGkYk0YiU
vocaroo.com/i/s0w6ohmr2yaA
vocaroo.com/i/s1lHTlk2kaaN
vocaroo.com/i/s0CBEdwXGVYg
vocaroo.com/i/s1EMrfsDMddg
vocaroo.com/i/s1ll6wqI5K0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=HLykuT4Lgy8
vocaroo.com/i/s0PrlilGCqbc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ok

It's because they don't roll the R and they lack the /θ/.

I forgot to add that written it's basically the same shit.

t. expert on reading bath products while shitting

What does Spain think of Brazil?

Fútbol y samba.

I shouldn't wait more from Sup Forums

Anime y Duolingo

only the european version i think

youtube.com/watch?v=nJo6r33_A2U

I could have said 50,000 murders and zika.

>first time in portugal
>go to tabacco shop outside airport
>all workers i ammused where russians/ukranians
>took me a while to realise they were speaking portuguese

wtf lads?

You spaniards really are slow.

Their L really sounds slavic and their S is very dental. Happened to me as well in the London tube when two qts were talking.

I think so 2bh. Because of the lazy intonations, the R sound and the nasal vowels I assume

Portuguese from Portugal sounds slavic

See this

Spanish (i.e. Castilian) is the mangled one, I think. Something to do with trying to have a common language between all the sub-countries within Spain, if I'm not mistaken.

Portuguese was always only one language that evolved on it's own from Galician-Portuguese with little input after the country was fully formed.

I was listening to this from another thread the other day. The most Portuguese-sounding guy is this awesome cunt:

youtu.be/OigfEaxZRs4?t=13m34s

That's literally how most of us talk casually. All the others are being somewhat formal or careful, but he doesn't give a fuck. A bit hillbilly, but still.

Only the European one. The Brazilian one, which is thought to be closer to a snapshot of the 1800's Portuguese is more similar to Spanish.

Although there's no real way to prove it, bigger countries have more inertia when changing accents and dialects, so it favours Brazil in that argument.

Same goes for Quebequian French and American English. The colonisers have faster changes and thus a more modern version of the language.

There's not a "brazilian accent"
Our accents are really different between eachother.
I can't even understand people from Northeast.

like Russian*

Right, but you know what I mean. The centre point of your accents (I don't know what town it would be) is closer to the original one than ours (Coimbra).

It's impossible to know which of your regions kept the original accent more intact, though.

>e não sei quantos, etc
kek, os meus lados estão em órbita

For what I heard, it's either Rio de Janeiro or Rio Grande do Sul because they had way more portuguese immigration than other regions.
They even use "tu"

Dá pra entender os nordestinos sim desde que eles não falem muito rápido (eles tem mania disso). Português de Portugal também. Desde que eles não falem muito rápido eu consigo entender.

Então, esse é o problema. Eles nunca falam devagar. Se for assim até espanhol e italiano dá para entender tranquilamente.

Há mais pérolas, espalhadas pelo video.

>Grossíssimas!, Aquelas tábuas!

That may go against what I'm trying to say, even, because those would make it closer to current Portuguese.

Like, we used "vocemecê" for a while and stuff that you guys got and eventually changed to "você" and after that we went back to "tu", but kept the "vocês" instead of "vós". It's hard to say because there's no records of accent, so we can only guess.

Regardless, "Português Conimbricence" (from Coimbra) is the neutral accent of the former empire, since it was here that it was defined oficially as Portuguese and not Galician-Portuguese when they built the University.

Well, our accents do derive from older portuguese forms but it also depends on the influence every region had in terms of population. Bahia has more african sounding while São Paulo is more italian, we even use the "talking hand"

>Spanish (i.e. Castilian) is the mangled one
It is but not for that reason. It, out of perhaps all Romanic languages, is somewhat strange because of the heavy phonetic influence of Basque.

Esse filme é falado com o sotaque da época colonial (ou ao menos como se supõe que ele era). O sotaque mais próximo desse que eu conheço é o de Cuiabá.
youtube.com/watch?v=oxQe_BeRba0

Sounds very Brazilian to me. Like a Brazilian person trying to speak European Portuguese? I imagine it sounds European Portuguese to you, and is actually a middle ground. Which would make the most sense, being that both evolved from here and the differences stand out from whichever version you speak in.

Neat.

>The colonisers have faster changes and thus a more modern version of the language.

Québécois French is the "old version of French", tho

That's exactly what I'm saying. Colonies are slower to change it because they have more population that the changes need to spread to. They also have less accents per area, as colonisers have almost one accent per town because of the relatively small flux of people.

>roll the R
what did he mean by this?

>>all workers i ammused where russians/ukranians
i cannot understand this sentence.

nice meme

Rolling your R's with your tongue vibrating next to your teeth, as opposed to the French at the back of your throat.

We do both interchangeably, though. Some words we use one or the other. But we default mostly to the "French" one, though.

Isso aí tá parecendo é uma mistura de espanhol e italiano pra mim.

this is perfect, i love this, why did i never hear of this

exactly, i didn't understand why he said that

I honestly almost never use the front-R. Maybe only the different ones stood out when he came here? The front-R's sound a bit childish to me, for some reason.

In fact, Spanish as a whole sounds incredibly childish to me, probably because most cartoons I watched as a kid were dubbed Spanish with Portuguese subtitles from the Iberia cable satellite.

Based Doraemon and Ninja Hatori.

Oh, ok, sorry m8

sounds Japanese

youtube.com/watch?v=69UqoR0dqLg

If he means the r sound from words like "merda", "sorte", "morte", I do it the Spanish way (not that hard tho).

t. PaulistÃÃno

>implying favelados know how to speak Portuguese correctly.
youtube.com/watch?v=coQGkYk0YiU
^ This is correct Brazilian Portuguese.

No, the soft r we both (Portuguese and Spanish) do similarly.

Some people from Rio like João Gilberto use the hard R at the end of words, though.

>Doraemon and Ninja Hatori
literally how every portuguese kid in the 2000's learned how to speak spanish

so do we 2bh

>kid in the 2000's
That was mostly in the 90's, though. I'm from 92 and I caught it at the end of Hatori. By the 00's there were already Portuguese dubbed cartoons, I think.

Based Canal Panda.

this is pretty easy to understand

>people from Rio like João Gilberto
This.

i'm from 91. i only remember watching doraemon from 98 forward. in the 00's they kept going with it until 2008 iirc

O que a foda? Não é o velhinho do Parafernalha?

Is Joao Gilberto not from Rio? Am I thinking of Tom Jobim?

Ah, yeah. But the kids are from the 90's, is what I meant.

oh yes right.

ALL PORTUGUESE SPEAKERS REPORT IN, STATE YOUR CITY/REGION AND VOCAROO THE FOLLOWING:
"Dê-me um cigarro
Diz a gramática
Do professor e do aluno
E do mulato sabido
Mas o bom negro e o bom branco
Da Nação Brasileira
Dizem todos os dias
Deixa disso camarada
Me dá um cigarro."
I will do the same in a minute.

Sim. Esse cara é foda.
A pronúncia dele é tão boa que o gerador automático de legendas não perde uma palavra sequer.

No.

Se eu tivesse um microfone eu contribuiria.

vocaroo.com/i/s0w6ohmr2yaA

do mulato sabido ficou mal dito pá

Coimbra. But it's late and I don't want to wake up anybody up.

Should be "Dá-me um cigarro" at the end.

vocaroo.com/i/s1lHTlk2kaaN

I would actually like to listen to a Brazilian try to say it in European Portuguese, as that is rare for us to hear.

You have a nice voice.

yea defo spanish/italian sounding there

epa é assim tive 11 a Portugues

(Checked)
obrigado

>I would actually like to listen to a Brazilian try to say it in European Portuguese, as that is rare for us to hear.
this pls

Madeira? The intonation in "Dê-me um cigarro" sounds off to me.

Check how Catalan sounds - it does resemble Portuguese and French. The odd one here is Castillian/Spanish.

Besides the above:
* both French and Portuguese have large vocalic inventories, including nasal vowels.
* most Portuguese accents have a guttural R like French. (still two R phonemes, like Castillian)
* some Portuguese dialects erode the last syllable, making both languages sound with the same intonation.

nope Lisboa

li "me dá um cigarro"

nvm my last post

Estava a falar da primeira linha, mas acredito, o resto soou normal.

>Lisboa
Sacana. Dizes vermâlho, não dizes?

tipo o país todo diz "vermâlho", porra. a minha namorada é do norte e diz assim.

catalan comes from occitan not form spanish

he didn't say or imply that

Done, from Rio. It's low tho.
>Should be "Dá-me um cigarro" at the end.
No it shouldn't, that's the point of the poem.
>vocaroo.com/i/s1lHTlk2kaaN
Might as well follow the career of dubbing. nice voice friendo.
Nice. Good voice too.

>Done
where?

Quase toda a gente que conheço diz vermelho, do norte e do sul. Lisboa são os outliers. No Porto dizem mais vermuelho, mas pronto. No Algarve até dizem "têsto" em vez de "tâisto" para "texto".

Mas é literalmente a única diferença consistente entre Lisboetas e Conimbricenses, sem ires para "Tsipo, Caxcaix". Alguns de vocês também dizem "cumo" em vez de "como" (preposição, não o verbo comer), mas não é padrão.

É ligeiramente irritante na TV com o PM chamado "Coelho" e toda a gente a dizer "Coalho". Também á ouvi "vâlha" em vez de "velha", mas é mais raro.

>Alguns de vocês também dizem "cumo" em vez de "como" (preposição, não o verbo comer)
ninguém diz isso. isso é do norte
>Também já ouvi "vâlha" em vez de "velha"
quê???

I'm too focused on this game between the Orioles and Rangers. Here it is, the link:
vocaroo.com/i/s0CBEdwXGVYg

vocaroo.com/i/s1EMrfsDMddg

>Might as well follow the career of dubbing. nice voice friendo.
D'aw, thanks. It's the slight whispering.

>ninguém diz isso. isso é do norte
Capaz. Os que ouvi eram de Lisboa, mas pode não ser generalizado. É mais quando falam rápido.

>vâlha
Epá, pois, também me fez confusão. Mas não é standard, e foi um narrador na TV, podia não ser de Lisboa.

>tipo o país todo diz "vermâlho", porra.
O norte sim. O Sul é mais "vermêlho."

I'll try this later but im not really that good to mock pt-pt

Paulistano here
vocaroo.com/i/s1ll6wqI5K0Y

perfect intonation, absolutely beautiful

I'm aware. I just mentioned Catalan because it's a good "point of reference" in the continuum.

Huh. Se calhar é só mesmo Coimbra que diz.

Mas já ouvi pessoas não de Coimbra a dizer, particularmente do Sul (interior) e de Viseu e Aveiro dizerem vermêlho. Pode não ser uma divisão Norte/Sul.

Aprendei a falar, mas é.

God I wanna put my French seed in her to create the most perfect latin blue eyed piece of man

>Paulistano here
>vocaroo.com/i/s1ll6wqI5K0Y
High five, bro.
Sotaque Paulistano é o melhor sotaque.

Sounds good. Like a formal version of soap-opera Brazilian, to me.

Hey leaf, wanna try to read this ?

Você não parece ter o sotaque muito carregado. Soa bem!

Foda-se. Só agora é que reparei que me esqueci de tirar a trip. Que se lixe.

Seja como for, já tive uma namorada de Coimbra e ela dizia "vermêlho" se bem me lembro. Tal como têm uma tendência a entoar o "j" onde não existe, tipo em "aula" que soa a "jaula."
É tudo uma questão de sotaque/entoação.

Eu não tenho sotaque absolutamente nenhum, e normalmente digo "vermêlho." Se não fossem os meus amigos a reparar, eu nem sequer "corrigia."

>Que se lixe.
Lembrou-me de quando eu era criança e não podia falar palavrões. Eu usava muito essa frase.

Era só para manter a classe e não escrever "sa foda, não tou para me dar ao trabalho de tirar esta merda agora."

Why didn't you rate mine? :(

quem se lembra disto?

youtube.com/watch?v=HLykuT4Lgy8

A cena dos 'j's acontece, sim, mas não é o considerado correcto, e é mais comum da periferia que da cidade e soa um bocado serrano (tinha uma prof de português que corrigia sempre isso, a puta). A malta da periferia também tem a mania de usar muito os diminutivos e trocar os b's pelos v's, mas na cidade n há nada disso.

Por esta altura está tudo exposto ao sotaque da SIC/TVI que já pouco importa.

Sorry, what's yours?

sounds very soap-opera-ish to me, which probably either means that you're from Rio, or I'm shit at Brazilian accents.

Soap-Opera isn't an insult, it's just the only contact we really have with Brazilian Portuguese from early on.

Where are you from friend? Rly makes me think.
>vocaroo.com/i/s1ll6wqI5K0Y
Good voice :D
Meu sotaque é bem carregado mermão. É assim que o carioca médio fala normalmente.

>Eu não tenho sotaque absolutamente nenhum
Kek, há gente que acredita mesmo que isto tem algum significado

ai caralho isso é antigo pa caralho foda-se. do tempo do vitominas, foda-se.

vocaroo.com/i/s0PrlilGCqbc

eia o vitominas lmaoo

Thanks tugabros

how do i get a qt tuga gf

bem falado