What if there was another Nordic country?

>Orthodox
>Nordic

It would probably hate sweden as much as the rest

there is and it's called scotland

t. Angus McMorrison

>left wing
>oil
>cold
sounds about right

Karelia belongs to Finland.

I met a family from the Faroe Islands at work the other day lads.

It was crazy

didju try ta speaka likea thisa?

did they sell you wool clothes and whale blubber?

crazyworkplacehappenings.blogspot.com

wtf I love canada now

Eurobros, you know that awful feeling when it's American hours and you're not feeling tired yet?

greentext it
what did they look like?

Holstein? would suffer Estonia-level bullying.

I think we fit the criteria pretty well

did you talk to them? anything interesting?

all me 2bh

Estonia is Nordic

Unless some sort of genocide is applied, wouldn't they have more Russians than Karelians or Finns?

Funnily enough, they didn't seek to conquer it in the continuation war.

they would be our best friends though

>american education

Kola peninsula is not a part of Karelia.

It is a part of Greater Karelia

More like greater Lapland tbqh

Old Karelians must have killed off Sami populations and the -yeds and the -yids over the course of 700-1000 years, if they managed to survive Novgorod.

Make Karelia and Kola Finnish again.

I have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Some Finn may correct me on this, but I think most of Karelia and Kola have never been more Finnish than Estonia has.
Also, you should consider giving them Ingria too.

make up a history that would ensure the creation of an independent Karelia in 2016

Estonia belongs to Finland.

There are no Finns on that territory and very small amount of Karelians, 90% of population are Russians.

No, it's not. Unless you're talking about these retarded maps with "Greater Finland" including half of Russian territory.

Sami people never lived in Karelia. Not even 500, 700 or 1000 years ago.

>independent Karelia

It could've been possible if there were more than 7% of them in Karelia.

Don't ever call greater Finland retarded again. This will happen in the next 10-20 years

Karelia is literally 90% or russian and its stuck in the 1920s. Unification would be worse decision than unification of germanies. Plus we would need to be in nato otherwise we would get invaded by 'green men' and would have to suffer a civil war.

Karelian language is closer to Finnish than Estonian is. It's like Swedish, Norwegian and English.

Primary difference between Finns and Karelians is their Orthodox faith.

>and English
Unless you are thinking about old Anglo Saxon I think the difference between Swedish and English is more like the difference between Estonian and Finnish.

You gave them their own Soviet Republic once though. ((Not like that republic really wasn't intended to include All of Finland))

St.Petersburg should be a free city :^)

Seceded area of karelia is the most important historical area for finns, but yeah just deny the question of Suur suomi overall.

Estonian is more different from Finnish and Karelian just like English is from Swe and Nor is what I meant.

Fuck Karelia and Karelians, tbqh.

>Ingrian and Russian both being different shades of orange

Well there's Estland

Maybe you should get your color vision checked, Sven.

no, they're different. you need better monitor or glasses

Were the karelians different from finns in modern borders finland? Maybe the karelians were the superior type of finn and now they're gone and nobody will ever know

Maybe they started out as normal finns but their language and culture moved in a different direction due to being ruled by Orthodox Russians rather than Catholic/Protestant Swedes?

this more or less

>Orthodox Eastern Finns with a funnier accent
The secret is out.

The finns in seceded areas of karelia (isthmus) lived mostly in kexholm and vyborg, and these places were quite multiethnic. Vyborg was a great city as I've heard.

I mostly talked to who I assume was the "father", looked like two older parents and two younger boys.
They seemed pretty normal. I looked at his credit card when he paid and it had the islands on them but I couldn't identify them. So I asked where they were from. I think he was like "this dumb Ameriburger isn't gonna know what the hell I'm talking about" but he told me and I was like ohh yeah I've heard of em or whatever. I think he said he was in town with other people and they were recording something? (I live in Nashville so there's lots of music stuff going on)

Sorry it's not a more interesting story. The dad had on a shirt with an American flag on it and they almost looked kinda British but weren't ugly or anything :^)

Estonia isnt Nordic???

Who cares about Scandinavia it's a Muslim shithole now

Nope, no cross flag.

What if there were no nordic countries?

Russia would be much warmer unless the Gulf stream is fucked up.

Germans would think they are northern

Gib Schleswig Holstein back

>now they're gone
Nope, we just moved a bit west m8

Technically yes, because our ancestors were in close contact with novgorod, russia and other shit. Also constant wars between Sweden and Russia were held in the isthmus.

It is still our rightful clay, you genociding Karelians and Ingrians and displacing the native population with Slavshits doesn't make it any more Russian.

The Netherlands is finally nordic.