What the actual fuck

Solution (image related).

Who are you hiding from user?

So it's pretty much a big "Stay away" sign

After solution (image related).

link?

archive.is/Vz7Je
thelightphone.com/

Why would you wall icognito mode? What is this supposed to achieve?

did you read the image

holy fuck. they try everything to rescue their failing """"business"""" model. if your shit is so bad that no one wants to pay for it then maybe you shouldn't be doing it?

> cmon give us your data goy >:▲)

Jesus Christ, it's one of those ADHD scroll sites. And it's powered by fucking square space? Wow, that's a dud waiting to happen. It's a good thing I can buy a $5 dumbphone with twice the functionality. Talk about construed hipster bullshit.

this works too

>describes shartfon as if it were a kid
bitch fell for stronk career wymyn meme and is going to suicide soon unless she gets pregger

Oh, yeah. Wow, that's incredibly dumb. That's going to stop literally no one. Who thought that was a good idea? And this is a technology journal.

All of Sup Forums agrees with this sentiment.

we have a local news"paper" here that tries to sell subs for 120eur/year so you can read what happened locally. they let you read only 10 articles/mo and then ask you to pay. can circumvent this easily by going incognito mode as all botnet cookies are reset. (you could of course delete cookies manually but too much effort)

my guess is that this incognito blocking is intended to prevent people reading shitty articles for free

He's using incognito to circumvent the "you can only read X articles for free per month" rule.

What a criminal. Have you alerted authorities?

More like all of Sup Forums. Or half of it, really, since the influx of crossborders.

Or you could just use self destructing cookies if you're really too lazy to just manually delete cookies. Are you two really that dim?

>Charging phone every night and looking at it first thing a day
How do people do this? I keep getting trouble at work over missing phone calls because either my battery was gone or I didn't bother to check the phone while outside of my office hours.
Is this workaholic indoctrination?

How do they detect whether incognito mode is running or not?

Most likely they're using JavaScript obviously but what do they check for?

What is wrong with websites today?

>Turn off adblock, or go away!
>Turn off incognito, or go away!
>You must subscribe, or go away!

When you annoy people and tell them to go away, they do go away. These sites are killing themselves by turning away traffic.

>Is this workaholic indoctrination?
It's normie indoctrination. Smartphone dependency for a generation of workers whose attention span is too small to think coherently. Like in that short story, except with smartphones instead of shock collars.

So the wall was just hiding bad articles from me?
Thanks wall

Ohhh, got it - Thanks user

My boss knows better to call me off hours unless its to offer overtime. I still charge my phone every night.

It's almost as if they don't care about people who don't earn them any money...

More traffic (regardless of Adblock) = higher search engine ranking

> $125
> Offering less functionality than a $5 Indian dumbphone

What is even the point of this phone?

hipsters, mane
it's just almost too cool and fresh to pay over a hundred dollaridoos for a dumbphone

Not quite. They use Javascript to disable scrolling in CSS as well.

just block 3rd party frames and scriptsingers with ublock's original mane

Cookies.

If your article count is stored on your machine, couldn't you just delete it?

Natural selection also applies to websites

Can its calculator add 1 + 2 +3 ?

But cookies still work in incognito mode. They just don't get saved when you exit incognito mode.

I don't get how they are detecting this shit.

>Circumventing DRM

Enjoy your time being ass raped in prison

I often sit in bed scrolling through the news on my phone before getting up
What's wrong with that? It's the alarm on my phone that wakes me up so I'm going to have it in my hand either way.

The javascript is easy to find. Look at it yourself.

It seems to make a call to the browser storage as well, so perhaps incognito the cookie is saved in memory only and it is also checking the browser storage for the the cookie to ensure it is being actually saved.

clearing your cookies would probably fix this.

>You must subscribe, or go away!

Found one of those a couple days ago, it was fun.

>You must subscribe to read this news
>F12
>Full article text in plain sight

I don't even own a phone, I spend most of my time on the computer when I'm at home, and when I'm out, I just be a person without a phone. If it shit goes down I'll just leave the situation, it's pretty great desu

Called the police

>answering phone calls from work outside working hours
I'll never understand these cucks

What, your mom buy you a 'Puter for Christmas and now you think you elite?

= more costs, less revnue, less profits, more execs fired
but then again ... we're on Sup Forums and neets can't really grasp economics else they wouldn't be here

yes, but why do the work if "ctrl - shift - n" does the trick?

no

I look at my phone first because it has a clock on it

You sneaky motherfuck, that's like some mr.Robot shit

Kek

>run out of articles
>step 1 clear cookies

This. Sometimes I find people on the streets asking me about certain stuff to do on work, I just tell them to fuck off and ask then i'm working

solution: dont write stupid shit like element.textContent + 5 as if expecting textContent to be a number

If your some form of management not taking calls from work outside work hours will get you fired.