What is your favorite PS1?

Looking to fix up my terminal because stuff like long working directories look bad with the default. Anyone have a cool PS1 to share?

(picture not mine, just random image search for PS1)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/caiogondim/bullet-train.zsh
pastebin.com/D6UR34RK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How to know if someone is never using their terminal emulator and shell? When their PS1 looks like that.

A normal one has perhaps the username, the hostname and the current directory. Everything else, including timestamps, arrows, multi-line prompts, excessive colors, weird Unicode characters and dynamic prompts are signs that the user is a retarded poser who does nothing but post in desktop threads.

Pure is objectively the best prompt.

That's me

I use mine for navigating, copying/renaming/removing files, editing files, and doing simple basic shit like that.
- pic related

I'm gonna do what I want with my terminal, give it pretty colors and stupid gimmicky arrows, and there's nothing you can do to stop me

Looks pretty... Can you share it?

Font is hack
The PS1 is github.com/caiogondim/bullet-train.zsh
the colors are pic related

>zsh
why am i not surprised

Also using arc-dark theme for the terminal titlebar

\u@\h \w \$

And here's a bunch of commands I documented for myself so I'd remember what they do.

pastebin.com/D6UR34RK

\$

this one honestly

first day running linux i hope

2 months

Well... Good job... I have been running Linux for almost a decade, but still consider vim too much of a pain in the ass to use. (it's horrible to use with anything other than an American keyboard.)

%m:%~ %n%#

>he didn't delete the (((system addons)))

>PS1

what are you even talking about pajeet?

$p$g

short clean and useable.

took too many replies

should've posted one of the riced-up audiophile ones though desu

Because Macfags have tricked you into thinking that the only thing worthwhile about Zsh is ricing.

I only had one PS1. Still have the games and a PS2 but I prefer playing them on PSP.

My PS1 got stolen by niggers

Our only TV, too. Went for like a year without a new one.

How do you send stuff to the trashbin instead of whatever rm does?

For example:
trash file.jpg

puts it into the trashbin where I can recover it later if I want, rather than
rm file.jpg

which permanently deletes it

mv file /somewhere/else

This is my favorite PS1 i had so many good times playing crash bandicoot and chrono cross with it

Mine is my username and the time.

Fuck off, faggot.

Can confirm that it's terrible on German keyboards.

I prefer playing PS1 on a PSP. It's way cheaper and you don't have to do modchip bullshit to pirate games.

install trash-cli

>what are you even talking about pajeet?

>being a winbaby in 2017

PS1 is a variable that stores how the shit in front of your commands in the command line looks like. For example username, working directory and that sort of thing.

I like it, even on German layout. With y and z being swapped, yanking seems nicer than on qwerty.