We used to just call these thing emoticons. What the fuck is this “emoji” faggotry?

We used to just call these thing emoticons. What the fuck is this “emoji” faggotry?

Thats Phonefags for you.

[spoiler]Sent from my iPhone[/spoiler]

They were called smileys before that. Smileys.

And you could click on the banner to download your own smileys. Imagine that.

they were called emoji before they were called emoticons, you clueless m*llenial

We used to call this aluminium.

What the fuck is this "aluminum" faggotry?

Americans.

This. There were several apps that came out for the iTouch and iPhone that let them use emoticons. The most popular was named "emoji."

Emoticons are just image files, emoji are unicode characters.

lel it's lumin

>2017
>not calling it tin foil

Is it tin tho?

this

Newfag, back in my day we called them "smileys"

:D

It's like an emoticon but they're single characters and there's a dedicated part of unicode for them

The characters on your computer are images

Your entire GUI is made from images

(L) was the most normie emoticon of the time. I remember when they would literally type (L) even outside messenger.

'sup user. Looks like you are in need of my services.

>T H I C K FOIL

In the 1980s, emoticons (symbols formed using keyboard characters) were crafted by creative typists. Building on their popularity, computer techs began designing images and symbols to graphically encapsulate the emotion of the emoticon. They became known as emojis, and people have been animating their electronic messages with them since the 1990s. The name comes from Japanese moji, meaning "letter, character," and e, based on ancient Japanese ye, meaning "picture, drawing" (not "emotion").

>not :@

We used to call these applications. What the fuck is this "app" faggotry?