Win8.1, best version

>Win8.1, best version
>End of support is in 3 months
W-what will I do? I absolutely do not want to use Win10, but having an OS not be updated is bad. Am I just going to have to suck it up and buy Win10 Enterprise?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nuke ur comp, go outside?

install gentoo.

>having an OS not be updated
Retard. An OS basically just manages multitasking and does low level stuff. You don't need it changed if it just works. You don't need paint 3D stuffed up your ass. You want it not to change frequently, if at all.

Besides W8 will keep receiving security updates, the only updates you should install anyway. Any other update is bloat.

>and buy Win10

you can still upgrade to win10 for free if you use 'assistive technology' they require no proof that you actually use it so its effectively free

microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

free spyware OS whats not to love?

>he isn't using windows 10
giggling 4evr enjoy your bloated games

bump

End of support means no more security updates too I thought? That was the entire purpose of making this thread.

If Win81 still receives security patches, then hell I've nothing to complain about.

I don't want to get anywhere near Win10.
The only way I'll migrate is if I'm forced to buy hardware or essential software.

then you leave yourself open by using an OS thats no longer supported.

Hey there, good for you on not supporting Windows 10 by the way.
For your security situation, as a last resort get a REALLY good antivirus if you want security for the OS?
Eset is really good apparently from many reviews and from fellow Sup Forumsbros.
Ignore ALL WINDOWS 10 users that try to take you into it, don't back down.

Win 8.1 will continue to receive security updates until jan 2023 under extended support

can't you just install windows 10? All it does is remind you to register which you can probably disable.

How does that leave me open? I'm not vulnerable to anything. Like I said, the only problem is if a new hardware or software absolutely requires Win10, otherwise I'm fine.

>get a REALLY good antivirus
I think I only need EMET + MBAM. MBAM is mostly just backup incase Umatrix doesn't catch something.

Good, then I'll wait until 2023. By that point I'm quite sure a more improved Windows version will be available too.

Correct. Windows 10 "whatever fucking shitty name update" will be out.

Something tells me they're going to ditch the whole 'Win10 is the last Windows' and go with another name.

"Fall creators update' and such aren't exactly appealing.

I am still using win7

kek

enjoy your hacked WPA

I don't use wireless you faggot.

um if it's on your network then it's vulnerable

Just stop and go back to Sup Forums you retard.

Install Windows 10 LTSB 2016

It's a wise act to not use Win10, shit is so fucked, I booted back Win8.1 and it's much faster, I remember that in Win10 there were so much updates that made the pc awfully slow and the system usage would always be on 99%

This

You can install it for free from their website and just never enter the license key. Keep using it forever, I never noticed a difference

or this

This is the comfiest option but you probably can't into linux

>comfiest
no that would be ubuntu

Sell your possessions and get a Mac.

Where do I get it?

Vista is that you ?

hey im building a pc for gaming
should i get 7 or 10

choosing between 7 and 10 is based on personal preference

Nah

Windows 8 had some decent shit. I like how the Start Menu separated UWP apps from Win32, and gave you some sorting options. Internet Explorer had a super comfy reading mode that Microsoft made a whole new font for (this was abandoned in Windows 10). Automatic Maintenance was actually automatic, and you could have it update your shit overnight instead of the way it is in Windows 10, bringing your system to its knees every time you walk away a few minutes.

Feels like in trying to appease the plebs with Windows 10, Microsoft took us two steps back.

why doesn't microsoft just maintain a version of windows that comes with a guarantee that it will always look and function like windows 7 and then offer the latest and greatest bullshit version of windows to everyone else?

Better just kill yourself m8

its over

mydigitallife forums have links to the iso. You'll also need Mstoolkit from there to activate it.

>actually thinks that lack of linux usage is due to not knowing how to use

such a naive thought.
linux distros should only be used for servers and workplace scenarios. if youre using it for normal usage then you're fucking doing it wrong.(or 14 years old and want to be 'cool' by not using windows)

Learn what 802.11r is and why you shouldn't have been using it in the first place.

Start dual-booting Linux. Fedora or Ubuntu will be the easiest to learn from. You shouldn't allow yourself to be cucked by a company, as a consumer you have the power to vote with your money.

dual booting is dumb.
im not about to close all my shit out just to switch to a different os to use 1 or 2 programs

fuck you

not using education from free to sign up community college.