Using an OS that's 8 years old

>using an OS that's 8 years old

What's your excuse Sup Forums?

Its not windows 10 but still can use the infamous windows games and apps only available to its platform, but still not needing windows 10

It feels smoother, more consistent with the design, has heart, 'simpler' to navigate in but still not dumbed-down like W10, and overall still viable to this day for a workstation and gaymen of DX 11.

What is your excuse to keep W10 OP?
Don't you care about your privacy that's protected such as by the U.S Constitution in the U.S behind due process?

Stand up for something other than a hobby of games and grow up.

Aero > flat meme

>using a phone thats 8 years old

Damn, that looks so beautiful compared to Windows 10, and I know that everything looks better than W10, but still.

>talks about privacy
>talks about how 7 is better
Pick one

>cares about privacy
>uses any windows version from vista onwards

7 CAN protect more of your privacy through the OS 1000x more than W10.
If you're gonna go proprietary and get some 'botnet' then might as well do it the best way possible, in Windows 7.

You can't ultimately prevent all of it in W7 sadly, but AT LEAST it is a better OS overall and better for me than Linux since I haven't used it yet.
After W7 dies, Linux is my go-to

>Using a girl who is 8 year old

Because it has a driver for my MATRIX PRINTER

Windows 10 offers just one thing over Windows 7: DX12, and even that aspect is basically irrelevant at this point and will remain irrelevant for several more years.

Aside from that one aspect, Windows 10 offers nothing of any substance except change for the sake of change, the rolling release aspect of it breaks shit constantly, things get added and then removed constantly, and overall it's a terrible operating system and isn't getting better in any respects that matter.

Windows 7 works, it's rock solid and stable, it can be installed and used without any of the retroactive telemetry bullshit (use simplix's update pack to make a new ISO that has no privacy/telemetry BS in it), it's just as fast and even faster than Windows 10 in many situations, it plays games just fucking fine since DX11 is more than enough for the future, and it also runs perfectly well on modern hardware (Skylake, Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake) even in spite of Microsoft and AMD and Intel trying to push people to dumping it.

Fuck Windows 10 because Windows 7 rules, forever.

>consistent design without metro/uwp shit
>native classic theme
>non flat meme lifeless ui
>control over the os and updates
>minimal botnet inclusions such as cortana, onedrive, skype preinstalled
>doesn't pretend to be sentient and talk to me like some normalfag

Not like anyone would win with my information.
They won't invent breast expansion gun, because i favorite those dj. They won't send me a monster girl because i like them.
Also i hope you ain't using facebook, google and/or smartphone.

Also you all react like you're trying to keep something super secret stuff. But actually nobody cares about it.

>But actually nobody cares about it.
Microsoft seems to care a lot, since they track everything you do.

Sup Forums's boner for security only goes as far as making sure their boss never knows what they post on Sup Forums

>"Oops! So sowwy >_

>no Bonzi Buddy

Do you even xp-in-a-vm?

>only 8 years old

Rookies.

I use 8.1 not 7

>You can't ultimately prevent all of it in W7 sadly,

Wait what does that mean?

>tfw also have the BOWEP for 3.1 too with Pipe Dream, Jezzball, Taipei, the Chip's game and Ski Free

>tfw have Beavis and Butthead Screen Wreckers

>tfw have After Dark

>tfw have Unreal 99 and HL1 with a 3dfx Voodoo 5500 PCI Mac flashed to PC for dual video out

>tfw you don't

kys why live

I'd still use XP if it had new drivers.
7 is the next best.

>no one cares
>yet they can't stop trying to find new ways to mine your every search, website visited, application usage, files edited, conversations had, emails sent, contacts, places you've been, things you've bought, etc etc etc
who are you trying to fool?

It's a pretty good operating system, it just works

Win 10 is just piss ugly and unuseable, win7 on the other hand werks

Again with this thread?

it just fucking works unlike 10

iOS 7 was a mistake. Fuck Jony Ive.

>works / stable
>search WORKS
>consistent UI
>don't have to fight the OS
>privacy

My mother bought a pre-built PC with win10 and it automatically tried to update drivers etc, and kept BSODing ... It finally fixed itself with repair and then did it again as the "updates were unsuccessful"..

>using an OS that's 8 years old
- Less intrusive
- Less annoying
- Less wasted UI space (still a fair amount though)
- Less work needed to set up
- Less work needed to adjust
- More consistent
- More options
- Everything works fine
- No incentive to upgrade to a perpetual work in progress tag

>- Less wasted UI space (still a fair amount though)
upgrade to classic theme

there's rolling releases breaking shit in Windows 10 like someone here mentioned
and also half my music folder just fucking disappeared
if that's not creepy Idk what is

> It's not windows 10
Its not windows 10

>comfy
>just works

Privacy is not guaranteed by the constitution or the bill of rights bro.

is windows 8.1 good?

No

>Win7
>Kaby Lake
I have bad news for ya

firewire soundcard thats not supported in linux or anything later than win 7

Windows 7 is the greatest looking operating system made in the past decade. Fact.

I use 10 enterprise in dual boot with linux and did everything to keep the botnet as small as possible.

I don't. 7 works great on 7700k.

I wish I still could, had to get a new pc and installed W10 because new vidya. W7 is far superior

Yes but good luck finding stable drivers for any new hardware, at least in my experience

Yes, but only if you absolutely need ssd support (TRIM)

TRIM is enabled by default since Vista.

It literally just works.

using anything but aero gives you weird screen tearing issues even just with videos

It just werks™

I thought 7 was the first to have TRIM support.

No, Vista was. Vista SP1 had it enabled by default. Since then all Windows OSes behave the same in this regard.

I kinda want a mint condition original iPhone now

It was trash.

Comfy trash

Privacy was not guaranteed by the Bill of Rights of course, and the Bill of Rights is only PART of the U.S Constitution's Amendments too.

However, the right to privacy is HEAVILY implied in Amendments': III (quartering soldiers not forceful) , IV (right against unreasonable searches and seizures), and even the Vth (due process, right to trial by jury, etc..).

Of course privacy on the internet and by the government is something that is not always honored even by U.S Constitutional rights; we live in a very dark world some often acknowledge and fight for to a limit of what an individual can do.

I beg to differ.

Last Microshit operating system that fucking leaves you alone. Wangblows 10 wants you to install updates every five minutes, throws ads at you, pesters you with retarded reminders to try fucking apps out that I'm not interested in, does shit like say "W-WAIT PLEASE DON'T MAKE CHROME THE DEFAULT BROWSER PLEASE PLEASE JUST TRY EDGE".

Fuck off, the OS is there to facilitate me doing shit, not force me to do shit.

I miss that era of apps. I'll take 'dude fake x-ray camera LMAO' over 'dude an app so you can order McDonald's wherever you are and give them sweet sweet metadata LMAO'.

Fucking this. An OS is to facilitate what you want to do, not tell you how to do it. 8.1 has shades of it but with W10, MS really want to dictate to their users how they use their computer. W7 also has a locked feature set. I don't get pushed semi-functional new features that change the UI a little and break some stuff every six months for no good reason.

Also they send DATA to NSA if you wrong think.
NSA is already collecting everything there is to collect but MS add another layer of spying can "wrong-think" analysis.

To be honest TempleOS isn't a e s t h e t i c, but the features it has make up for it

Yeah I fucking hate niggers I hope they all die

W10 looks a little more refined and clean

>install fresh copy of w7
>tell it to never check for updates
>it never checks for updates because it respects your choices
>no pop-ups about stuff you should see or try
>no mention of tablets, smartphones or apps
>no integrated telemetry or M$ cloud shit
>easy on the eyes, non-flat GUI that differentiates between areas in a window with different colors instead of just making everything stark white
>STILL has a more consistent design than w10
>everything just werks

I'll say it until I die: Windows 7 is the last proper desktop and laptop OS from Microsoft.

Here's the thing, they want to sell you shit, more data somehow means that they can offer you what you want more accurately, or so they keep telling their higher ups to keep their jobs. Now they're sitting on terabytes of data they feed to their neural networks and hope somethings somewhere connects one day. There are billion possible uses for the data, but only 2 of them make money, one is selling it and the other is selling shit to people.

>too retarded for a proper os
>too contrarian for 10
>too autistic for 8
- every 7 cuck

W8 and 10's aesthetic is genuinely awful. At least Aero looks like a graphic designer might've had some kind of involvement at some point. W10 ends up sacrificing UI readability to 'dude implied lines minimalism LMAO'.

That's whats been causing my screen tearing on youtube? the fuck?

I don't. I use Mint.

>8 years
>no innovation whatsoever
Whats your excuse M$?

Using windows 7 until linux stops being terrible.

>excuse
not
>overvalid reasons by the assload

Win 8 was a slap in the face that I refused ever to touch. The 1 minute total I used it in Best Buy continues to haunt me. Win 10 certainly hasn't won me back so it's macshit now when I need compatibility with mainstream proprietary software, and Debian-based distros otherwise. I will probably never own a Windows machine again. I would if it ever retreats from what it's become.
>pic related