Who the fuck designed this? It looks like an absolute clusterfuck...

Who the fuck designed this? It looks like an absolute clusterfuck. This pic is barely even the surface of why it looks so crappy.

Ontop of all this it runs like fucking shit. Choppy animations and lag all over the place

Is anyone using Ubuntu 17.10?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F1i7jAtHcw4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>using a distro made by a niggerlover cuckold that literally gave a niggerderived name to his distro

Gee, I wonder why it's shit.

Within in an hour of install:
>Icons dont arrange properly on desktop when they get created, they go ontop of eachother, go off the screen, etc

>Right click menu in some applications (Gimp, deadbeef) are just solid black and almost invisible

> Everything is laggy

> Audio randomly crackling like fuckin crazy

Will linux ever not be fucking crap?

GNOME on literally any other Linux distribution doesn't have this problem.

hit ctrl+alt+1 and you'll have a much cleaner environment to work in OP

GNOME is a pile of shit on any distro, install Xfce

ctrl+alt+f1*

>Linux
>looks like a clusterfuck
>3256 different people with autism working on the same thing yields shit results

Wow, I am so surprised.

Wow you just say "nigger" like that? You're not worried about hurting people's feelings?
So THIS IS why they call it "Sup Forums" eh?
Hard core stuff.

>cant even file search in application menu
>cant find .txt files or .jpg / picture files in search
>Unity had it and it was good

Why is 17.10 a step back in every regard?

I do not think you have the right to comment on design

>he zed bad werd
>owiieee >_

whats the problem?

or kde desu

I'm still using 14.04, and 16.04 is on my PC currently.
Hopefully they address that transparency issue, I'm not even too OCD, but that really bothers me to see Lol.

Pic related. Enjoy your meme GUI

Don't tell me you think that looks good.

Seconding this.

oh, because I used red on orange

yeah its simpy because Gimp is fucking awful and I didnt want to fuck with it too much so I just picked the first color lol

Not this exact thing, but its the attention to detail. the use of the spacing, the font rendering, the UI's pixel perfect placement of things. Linux will never have this level of refinement. Even a shitty wannabe clone like Elementary OS is way, way off. Hard to believe Linux developers can't even copy something verbatim that's available right in front of them.

The inconsistencies are killing me

When you use it like that it lacks all meaning and impact. It's not even edgy any more, it's purely crass.

This. Fucking grow up people.

Because it doesn't have any impact, you retard.

Unity is deprecated anyway. Who gives a shit?

Nigger.

That's GNOME, you idiot.

Yeah, their GNOME rice is awful. On the other hand, Ubuntu MATE is pretty good. Right now it's a lot better than Xubuntu. MATE itself looks like shit, though.

unity looked much better than that..

>..

XFCE or Mate if you want a lightweight DE that Just Werks(tm), KDE if you want fully-featured eyecandy. Stay the fuck away from Gnome and mostly everything else

>who designed this?
The Red Hat employees that hijacked the GNOME project.
No, it doesn't. GNOME is a piece of shit regardless of distribution. It's made for tablets, so it's a shitty experience on desktop.
MATE is redundant when XFCE works exactly the same. They could have taken XFCE and tweak the configs to save themselves a lot of work. Unfortunately open source morons prefer to duplicate work on stupid tasks (desktop environments, distributions and packaging) instead of working on important shit like Mir or replacing systemd.

I get where you're coming from on XFCE vs. Mate, but I can kind of get the point. XFCE feels like Gnome 2, but Mate literally is Gnome 2 as in it has the same code and everything. Even though I prefer XFCE out of the two, Mate being a thing does make sense. Plus Mate has a much quicker development cycle than XFCE, so I expect to see the two diverge more in the near future.

It does has meaning, ubuntu is literally a nigger word you stupid tard.

Well I stand corrected. In my defense they both look like garbage.

They're both pretty shit, although I'd say that Gnome is actually a smidge worse

Ah yes. This looks terrible.

They need to either stop shipping GNOME by default, or stop trying to do Ubuntu-specific ricing here, as it just looks ugly with GNOME. It actually worked with Unity, it looked unique, and if I'm honest, I actually kinda liked it. But not this. I don't like this. It looks bad.

>centered, nonessential information
So what? I prefer the time and date in the center, rather than in the right corner like what you're probably used to on Windows. Makes zero difference and boils down to personal preference.

install openbox

It actually DOES look you pathetic loser. It looks good because unlike your freetard hobby OS, Apple pays professional graphic designers to design their products GUIs.

It's actually kind of mediocre in comparison to what you can do with open-source DE's. On Linux, you can make something look identical to macOS, or you can even rice it to make it look better. It's your choice, which is something you probably don't have on a mac.

Well to be honest I really don’t care that much about ricing my DE because I actually like to use it to do things, rather than dressing it up for desktop threads like all the Linux users on this board seem to do.

>On Linux, you can make something look identical to macOS

lol...total bullshit. Proof?

include: unfied titlebars, global menus, proper gradient, etc. Dont say elementary OS. Doesn't even come close.

>Apple pays professional graphic designers to design their products GUIs.
The keyword here is "pays". This is the placebo effect going on for the victim consumer.
I had to pay a lot of money for it, so I have to accept it as is. Someone got paid a lot of money to make it, so I will have to accept it as perfect.
Hey faggot, how about the fact that your shitty fagOS and your fag brand for the 99999nth time they caught again storing your passwords in plain text.
This is the fucking rule for apple, you pay them to deliver you a box full of shit and then you have to larp it on the net to make you feel good about your shitty purchase.
Free DEs, that's $0, have had fancy features, security, and focused on productivity since forever.
Linux users complain a lot about linux because they have choices. You have only 2, either accept your fagOS or neck thyself.

i love you.

Linux is fucking perfect.
Complaining about it is just like having alllll the art supplies you need, a blank canvas, and then complaining that your drawing looks like shit because your tools are defective when in reality you just don't know how to fucking paint.

If you don't like Linux, odds are it's your own fault for not knowing how to use it.

>runs the latest 6-month support short-term release with a newly-integrated DE
>whines
GTFO faggot. Anyone who cares is running LTS.

if you don't like gnome don't use gnome, that's the beauty of linux. On mac you're stuck with aqua and on windows you have barely-functioning replacements like blackbox or addons like windawesome, which is just awesome (from linux) rewritten to mess with explorer

fucking reddit, everyone

The problem is that not everybody can or wants to learn how to paint. Most people just have a need for a picture to go on the wall. A lot of Linux distros market themselves as masterpieces but come out looking like a crayon recreation of the Mona Lisa. You can see that they based it on something good but there's something severely fucked about the execution. MS and Apple both at least sell a product that functions as 'a thing to hang' and don't blame the person that just wants art for not being an artist themselves.

God this is such a shitty metaphor.

i should just install 16.04?

Wait, so if I say it enough it's no longer racist, and I get to call out all the butthurt nigtards who get offended by it?

Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger

RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tried it out for a while after I got tired of Linux Mint. I'm on a Thinkpad T420.

Things I liked:
>animations are pretty smooth, but turned them off because lmao animations wow
>gnome 3 is pretty nippy

Things I didn't like:
>dock cannot be removed, autohide doesn't work half the time
>"dynamic transparency" can't be turned off
>default gnome shell theme looks unfinished, top bar is a gradient which doesn't match with the flat aesthetics of GNOME 3
>amazon is still on the dock
>no icon pack, looks really sloppy and unorganized

Basically, Gnome 3 is great and the only problem with Ubuntu is the Ubuntu design team.

Using Pop!_OS now, basically a better Ubuntu.

Just use KDE and a bleeding edge distro.

>I should install the stable version if I don't like the unstable version?
>what a fucking revelation

I briefly scanned over your post and while I get what you’re saying, your posts just reeks of jealousy that you can’t afford Apple products. Also as a gay man your use of the word fag offends me, so please be a bit less childish from now on, thank you.

>Also as a gay man your use of the word fag offends me, so please be a bit less childish from now on, thank you.
Is this anal exploring, literal shiteater serious? I can't tell anymore since the Neogaf implosion.

I thought you were trolling then I knew you were trolling

>1+2=?

>...

>it's okay when I'm lazy but not the Ubuntu designers
be the change you want to see

You're replying to a cretin. That makes you an idiot too. The point isn't that 'they pay people so its better'. For you to engage on that fallacious basis is dumb. The interface is better because that's Apple's philosophy on UX/UI and always has been. 'Linux' doesn't really have any visual ideals or philosophy, only technical ones. Linux theoretically lets you manage how all aspects of your OS look, you'll be devoting a lot of time to make it look like macOS for instance, and you'll never quite manage it.

I'm curious as to whether these DE hate threads are real or a form of ironic humor that I'm just not oldfag enough to get

>Germanic
>Not german just so they can put shit like Hitler in it
Oh fuck off with your meme images

>mfw some random guy made a better unity clone with stock KDE and a theme days after ubuntu announced they were dropping unity

youtube.com/watch?v=F1i7jAtHcw4

wow that looks like ass is that really what osx looks like now?

i dont get it. why are you so butthurt we say nigger, faggot?

Has anyone figured out how to fix the scrolling in menus on KDE? It scrolls really fucking slow in stuff like applications menu or any settings menu.

Just get Ubuntu MATE or Xubuntu and save yourself the DE trouble.

I haven't noticed any issues in manjaro but I only use a trackpoint and touchpad

Based on your logic, Apple could hire only one person with down syndrome for ui development.

I can change my global mouse scroll settings obviously but the problem is only in menus it scrolls about 10x slower than in chrome. Un fucking usable.

Couldn't find any fixes online except a few people saying there were some scrolling bugs the KDE devs have ignored for years because they just gave up and couldn't figure it out.

I see blurry retarded fonts that makes it barely readable. They became shit since snow leopard, so even wangblows don't give a shit about them.

WHY did they drop unity. Unity was great, are they fucking stupid?

install budgie

Red Hat has hands everywhere and wants every Linux distribution to be exactly Fedora.

Nigger please

>not using budgie de
fags

its probably a libinput problem

a couple years ago i had the misfortune of encountering this interface. holding down the menu key for six seconds would crash it, as it drew so many menu windows it couldn't keep up.

>disable dock
and there you go, it's fixed now
like, you actually solve like half of the problems you stated

always visible docks are retarded, prove me otherwise

Leaving Unity was the dumbest fucking decision Canonical has ever made.

Please turn your scaling down, user.

Looks fine to me, Maybe you need more dpi?

You can barely read the text in that image? I think you have real vision issues, or just a dogshit display from 1996.

Nice useless title bar faggot

1) Statusbar, window decoration, program header. No useless space
2) Application's problem
3) "op can't into design" the screenshot

this has been stated before, but taskbar belongs on bottom. upper right hand corner should be the X on maximized windows.

Bill Gates knew this in 1995 wake up linux

>but was defeated by anglo-saxons
Do anglos actually believe this?

Nice font rendering faggot

It's free my dude

>drops unity
>Continues Mir
Ayy lmao

>Is anyone using Ubuntu 17.10?
No, but I am using Kubuntu 17.10.

I can't even summarize the amount of retarded shit in this post
> An idiot opens GIMP and makes a meme picture 7000 pixels large
> to show off his levels of butthurt about a meme distro with a meme DE both known by literally everybody and their dog to be a colossal pile of horseshit
> complaining about the design while using a completely fucktarded resolution and default GIMP brushes on a background of almost the same color
> on a kurdistani sockpuppet knitting anonamoose forum

Jesus fucking christ, user

Also, GNU/Linux is an OS for makers, not for complaining bitches. If you want shiny shit, flashy animashuns and whatnot - do everybody a favor and switch to OSX. Otherwise use a sane DE or contribute to the existing one (lol good luck with that GNOME pull request) and stfu

Dash-to Panel and Arc menu make it okay, but not great

Also Ubuntu broke out-of-the-box support for gnome-shell-extensions, you have to jump through hoops to even get them running properly.

But after that initial pain it's okay.

It must be interesting living in your own little world where you actually believe all the bigoted shit you’ve made up. Also I’ve never visited neogaf in my life and I’ve probably been on Sup Forums much longer than you, by a good 9 years or so at least. Fucking homophobic newfag Sup Forumse dancers, I bet you’re gonna say some shit about “degeneracy” too, fuck off.

>Gnome3

Nuff said

Meanwhile, all is fine in Gentoo Land.

>On mac you're stuck with aqua

You can use non apple windows managers, though.