ENOUGH

ENOUGH

STOP MAKING DEVICES THINNER AT THE COST OF FUNCTIONALITY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stop buying Apple shit.

>implying every other manufacturer won't follow apples example

see google, they laughed at apple for removing the headphone jack, and their new phone has no headphone jack

I was at the airport other day and I walked in to this tech store to kill time
Saw the new macbook """pro"""
Touched the keyboard and the keys literally had less travel than my BlackBerry.

A
Full fledged
Laptop
That's as thick as my phone
Has less key travel than my phone

Really activated my almonds boys

Just buy dongle, lol. Why poorfags are so stupid?

they removed magsafe

how fucking retarded can you get.

This.

Of course also ignore other vendors like Apple that also fuck everything up.

Or individual devices by vendors that aren't fucking up as systematically as Apple but that are just individually shit.

IF ONLY THE BEST PHONE OF 2017 HAD A HEADPHONE JACK

OH WAIT

You say that, but Fagbooks are one of the few laptops out there with 4xPCIe thunderbolt cables that can handle eGPUs.

I don't understand apple
Just add in two USB c to USB a plugs in the box and make shit easier for people
But no you have to cripple everyone until some rando third party has do your shit like in pic rel
Fuck you apple we could been using one connector for everything but you had to go and suck cock all day

>people still wanting a head phone in 2017
You know about this whole Bluetooth thing right grandpa?

>t. richfag

>headphones with 20 minute battery life

>eGPUs
Yea, fagbook users are the only people who need that.

The rest uses a desktop machine since powerful GPU are too power consuming to be mobile anyhow.

Doesn't mean you can't edit on a Laptop as well, just that the desktop machine then does the actual rendering or GPGPU processing or whatever.

I dont get it, who exactly are demanding slim shit?

And why cant they make thicc stuff for us folk?

Pity they can't accelerate their internal display with those eGPUs.

soon itll just be a screen and keyboard

It will never get that far, normies need dat dere touchpad.

>Needing to charge your headphones
Kill yourself

but apple sells a usb one you can plug into your dongle

USB-C is great.

I think an apple server would be hilarious.
Incompatible proprietary rack, fancy gay design, 10 times the price, but the harddrives have magnetic plugs!

Yes, it is. But apple is shit.

Never said otherwise.
t. Apple user.

>four 40 gpbs universal USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 3
>daisy-chaining multiple devices
>less 'functional' than single-protocol connectors

Get the fuck out. You literally just uploaded an image showcasing the best thing about it. How do you expect to get to a 1 connector future if no one makes devices to accept them? Slow adoption doesn't work. You think greedy chink accessory companies would bother with making something new if they could save a few by just making USB-A connectors? You're a retard. Apple's move forces manufacturers to cater for them and they kickstart the shift to USB-C.

You'll be thanking them later on when all things from displays to mice are using 1 single reversible connector.

But it's apple though so you could just install cloud apps on it and they would increase teamwork and productabilityization of the workflow agendas gateway API. SAAS and supernodemode would make the iServer extremely fast and reliable for enterprise teamflow.

>tfw Xioami made a macbook with ports

I know 3 Apple fanboys personally who all bought the new MBP and all 3 of them returned it for this very reason.

>what is powerbank

you kids know phones have let you have BOTH for years now right?
But please, let's remove choice so that...
wait, why are we removing headphone jacks again?
didn't Apple say it was to fit in some gimmick sensor or something?

Not entirely sure on the whole reliable, given the tendency of not being very good at the whole cooling apple has since the original brown toaster.

bluetooth is shit.

>the dongeling

Something you should not have to carry with you, along with the headphone charger itself.

/comfy/

Why are normalslimes so obsessed with shit being paper thin?
swear I'll never understand this meme

>2017
Move over, gramps.

bluetooth audio isn't lossless

> $30 BT headphones are shit, somehow bearable quality starts with $70
> have to keep them away from water, rains is a big no-no
> have to charge them every day
> sound may stutter even when they are a feet away from the receiver and will stutter when they are behind a wall
Thanks, no thanks.

>not having usbc or bluetooth headphones
shiggy.

This something amazing about the borderline cyberpunk LARP aesthetic of that laptop combined with it being fucking Apple.

i dont think people even want devices to be that thin.

macbook air is as thin as any laptop needs to be. and it has all the necessary ports.

Looks pretty slick imo

>This
There is. Fucking hell, I'm dyslexic today.
In a weird way it kind of does. It's a travesty but I kind of like it.

They have a server

Will they replace baristas?

what is key travel? Is it distance between keys?

It's the distance you can push the key down. The new Macbook pro is like typing on a touchscreen, because it has almost no key travel.

yeah mac keyboards sole purpose is to induce carpal tunnel syndrome. I used to use a a macbook pro years ago and I also used to also get wrist and hand pain from typing. Switching to a thinkpad cleared up all the wrist issues pretty much instantly. I do more typing now and no pain at all. I have no idea how """serious coders""" use macbook pros as their main rigs.

The Xserve was discontinued in 2010 and has now been replaced by the monstrosity in

I had forgotten about the trashcan

It's students. I was seduced by the original thin-meme retina macbook 2015.
>2 lbs
>toss it in the backpack daily
>study with it on my chest in bed at night
>easily lift it by one corner with the screen fully extended and move it
>whip it out instantly on a crowded bus
> hold in one hand indefinitely to use while standing
>incapable of making noise besides audio
>great performance for light duty web browsing, document editing; student work
It does solve 100% of the headaches associated with for eg. the Inspiron 1100 I had as an undergrad (heavy, loud, bulky), and netbooks (too slow for even light duty). However, people who buy the "Pro" are making a bad call. If you want thin-meme, it's better to go all the way and get maxx thin maxx lite and sacrifice some performance and ports. Macbook Pro is jack of all trades master of none for way more money.

>Tfw there's a chinktop macbook

...why is it shaped like a trash can?

16:9 though instead of superior 16:10

>relying on the battery Jew
You do realise the reason companies like apple are hopping on the wireless meme, despite wireless having so many unsolved issues, is because with wireless, your head phones/accessories only lasts for about a year before the batteries starts degrading massively. So every year or two,you' have throw out all your accessories, and purchase new and more expensive apple accessories for replacement, which means the profits keep rolling for Apple.

Apple fanboys are pretty much confirmed low test retards for tolerating apples Jew tactics despite the fact that apple already charges a premium.

you've just described an X220 from 2011

because it is one xd

But user, I have some Shure SE215 Isolating earphones and some Audio-Technica M50x headphones, how am I meant to use these high quality audio devices without a headphone jack?

why did they put the charging port at the bottom?

>defending Apple when there’s dozens of laptops with BETTER SPECS that are lighter and thinner than the shitty 2015 MacBook

Fuck, millennials need to leave this board.

Wish I owned one

ewww it has fans

you mean direct macbook 2015 competitors that came out after 2015 when I was in the market for a laptop

>Needing to charge your computer
>Needing to charge your phone

Lmao wooooow

>accepting whats available instead of waiting for something better.

Autism is taking over.

No.

to hide the port
typical Apple form over function shit

Eww it keeps itself from frying its own guts.

does your phone also have a fan
and macbook has much more space to radiate

>has all same functionality
>uses a USB standard cable

I bet you're one of the retards that complain that things don't use USB C too or complains why they use it

something that you can't bring onto the plane in certain countries and is heavy as fuck

feel free to show a country that bans them on board

>heavy as fuck

yeah, you're a retard

>MS makes thick laptop with ports
>Nobody likes it

I like SLIMM phones more than THICC.

let you guess you have never travelled a day in your life living at your mom's basement?

>what are real world responsibilities

lol dumb cunt it says you can take 2 items

>costs 2k

I like it, but I wouldn't pay that much for a laptop

>MS still can't do screen scaling

>have a wire from your headphones to your powerbank which is most likely in your pocket
what was the point of removing the cable again

Alright, smartarse - what colour should the key travel microns be?

Not so easy when you're on the spot eh

>ultra portable
> buy take this bag adapters.

>soon itll just be a screen and keyboard

And they'll steal that concept from Microsoft too.

and now you have to carry a dongle around to shave 1mm off the device. Plus, you shaved 1mm off the battery while you were at it.

Deeper than my phone is good
Like the 2015 macbook which was perfectly fine
Wish they kept both magsafe and usb c charging

the iphone hasn't gotten thinner in like 3 years

iphone 10 is like almost 9mm now. it's THIC

>I had forgotten about the trashcan
So did Apple.

In the airport right now and did the same thing. Macbook 13' M3 dual core processor = £1089. U fucking wot m9

I type dawn to dusk not have a single problem with the MBP 2017 keyboard. I was alarmed when I first tried it but to be honest by the end of the first day I was comfortably smashing out 60 odd WPM. All the keys have a very nice almost mechanical tactile bump. Its pretty fucking nice. When I type on an older MacBook now its like typing in molasses.

I never understood either of these desu

There's nothing wrong with having a thick professional grade notebook

And there's nothing wrong with having an nondescript port in the wrong, in fact it would look nice breaking the look up or being used while being charged

I'd expect my laptop to have a bit more horsepower you fucking mongoloid.

user it's not as bad for the "thin as paper ultra ultra portable" model
It's bad when you do it on the professional model meant for software development and longer time spent typing

Sup Forums was ran off macs.

The Thinkpad carbon you fucking nigger, it's what I've been using for years and came out years before 2015.

That's good to hear user
I just think they're so shallow compared to my phone
But if it could be worked around I guess that's neat

>I will tolerate my laptop having no more grunt than a phone

> typical Apple form over function shit
Don't forget to fucking charge it and it isn't a problem.

>YOU'RE HOLDING IT WRONG
go back to being dead, Jobs

I know its alarming at first but yeah its smooth sailing once you get past the initial holy shit moment. My only complaint is I've been spoiled by it to the point where I get home from business or work and I sit down at my main gayming Windows PC and use my mechanical it feels almost as weird as when I first got my MacBook Pro and I keep underestimating the travel and muscle memory makes me tap each key expecting actuation with almost no travel. I really hope they don't go back to the old keyboards just because of some whiny cunts who tried them in the store for 5 minutes and never gave them a chance. (not talking about you).