It seems that I can't find related thread for asking general question

It seems that I can't find related thread for asking general question.
Anyway, dear kind Sup Forums. What are these two doing in my USB drive? It can't be detected by antivirus. I just found it today. Can my files be saved? This USB stick is only for assignments and video assignments. They're precious. Can't format it unless the files be saved first. Any solution?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/
pastebin.com/1RPZ0Pbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What does the readme say?

Why do I think it's some kind of ransomware?

In case you're wondering inside the readme.txt:
>If you are unable to launch files/folders correctly, please disable your antivirus program.
>Source: bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/

>List of programs incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 2017:
>Lists of known antivirus on the net. (too long it reach comment limit.

>While the batch file contains:
start /d ".\System Volume Information\Kaspersky Internet Security 2017" taskhosts.exe

Here's the content in the readme
pastebin.com/1RPZ0Pbw

Don't fucking follow those instructions.

KIS wouldn't be in system volume information for any reason. taskhosts.exe looks like some virus replacing a similarly named windows executable.

If you want to play with those files or the drive, I suggest a read only GNU+Linux usb stick.

You're pretty much fucked, don't expect to recover the files.

>Don't fucking follow those instructions.
Yes. I didn't follow that.
>GNU+Linux usb stick
I don't know anyone using that nearby me.

There's something else here.

Can't even untick the hidden properties.

look at the usb on linux

You think he knows how?

Someone i talked to, said he formatted his usb using rufus but couldnt figure out how to boot to linux. He never used an image, he just assumed rufus would do everything for him.

After I killed this executable in Task Manager, the two files didn't auto-created anymore, when deleted manually in the USB stick. Despite having done that, my folders and files inside the USB are still hidden.

Delete the folder.

Get malwarebytes and run a full system scan with all the options ticked.

Install gentoo

The folder can't be deleted.

Unplug that shit. Run a malware scan.

Does the free one sufficient for this task?

Yep.

shouldn't have opened it

::UPDATE::
Thanks for this.
I can recover my folders and files just by searching for it. Pic related (the address bar) is why I can't "see" the file, where previously it shows nothing.